Seeking opinions

Coiffio

In the interest of starting a thread that has nothing to do with quitting or how much the game is lacking, I was going to ask about micro transactions. I was more or less curious about if people think they will ever make an appearance in SWTOR. I'm talking of things like saber hilt designs, armor sets without mods in them, new speeders and such - little knick knacks that wouldn't affect gameplay. I've always kinda liked the idea to get small extras like these in mmos. What are your thoughts on the matter? Edited by Coiffio

As long as I am paying a monthly subscription, I don't want to ever see micro-transactions for anything. I do not want to see shiny mounts for $25 or companion pets for $10.

You don't know EA too well do ya?? There most certainly will be those in the future with SWTOR.

In the interest of starting a thread that has nothing to do with quitting or how much the game is lacking, I was going to ask about micro transactions. I was more or less curious about if people think they will ever make an appearance in SWTOR. I'm talking of things like saber hilt designs, armor sets without mods in them, new speeders and such - little knick knacks that wouldn't affect gameplay. I've always kinda liked the idea to get small extras like these in mmos. What are your thoughts on the matter?

If this game is successful, you can expect this down the road for sure! Another easy revenue stream.

If they have these in Madden, then they will certainly be here in SWTOR. There is almost nothing to market in Madden, and they still get a hefty amount of funding from Xbox Live microtransactions.

Welcome to Electronic Arts. Providing funding for the biggest extortion schem- I mean games.

You don't know EA too well do ya?? There most certainly will be those in the future with SWTOR.

Whether or not EA or Bioware decide to implement them, I am just making my opinion heard by stating that I don't want to ever see them. It's like voting, if you don't vote, don't complain.

I don't care as long as they don't charge for features such as character xfer, mobile GTN, mobile crew skills, etc.

Mounts and pets, sure. It wouldn't affect me. It's just pixels and doesn't really affect the gameplay so long as it's not a 'pay to win' model...ie no gear, stat boosts, etc.

Features...NO NO NO. Do not charge for features.