NOW = 1.7 Million Active Subscribers | 3 Months from now = Guess What

JohnExponent

I don't get low FPS on Ilum, so not sure what you're talking about. It's dropped low one day. When there were about 60 people on screen. It was hit/miss that day. Then again, I never bothered to lower my graphic settings - I wanted to test my system out.

I want a fraps of you in ilum then because not one single person has said what you just said.

Fraps with a fps indicator running on ilum or I call bs.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a fraps of you in ilum then because not one single person has said what you just said.

Maybe he doesn't consider 5fps low. Better 5 than 1 right?. I mean....its perfectly playble with 5fps and the perfomance is just unbelievable. I just want to go there over and over again just to experience it again.

People keep dancing around two things that spell doom for SWTOR.

First, bugs, performance, features...none of that matters if people are having fun. WoW launch proved you don't need any of that stuff to grow, and they exploded and grew every year for five years. The fact that SWTOR has not exploded means that it simply is not that fun.

Second, the only innovation SWTOR does bring to the table (the vo story) has a short shelf life. Why the devs thought a subscription based game should put all their shine into the leveling process as their main selling point is beyond me. Dumbest idea ever imo. Six months from now half of you will be gone, bored and moved on.

AoC improved, Warhammer improved, STO improved. But they were all too late. The chance to grow had passed. SWTOR is going to remain one of the failed sub based mmos (I say failed as in couldn't dent WoW, not as in didn't generate revenue) forever.

edit - Note on my second point. Most mmo's have a sort of hump transition from the leveling process to endgame. Alot of people quit after reaching max level because it is basically a different game and the change of playstyle is a bit jarring. SWTOR has the most drastic change of them all because of all the polish that goes into leveling. Not saying awesome leveling is a bad thing, but there needs to be some way to transition people into the new playstyle of endgame. I don't have any ideas on making this transition smoother either.

I guess 2.5 million and 4-5 million by the end of the year.

And if they release an addon next year and release it for the rest of asia (or at least china) it will be probably have more subs than XxX (if it will decline the same rate as its now)

Edited by Falaela

You've never heard anybody say that before? I hear it all the time.

I hate PVP so I've never done that stuff in this game, but what I do know is that running around a 150+ fleet never drops me below around 50-60, which seems to apparently be another big problem area for alot of people.

And before you ask, no I will not download and install a program just so I can "prove" to you that I'm telling the truth. I really don't care whether you believe me or not(I'm betting on not).

I just wonder where were those 1.7 million people yesterday night? I was questing on Belsavis and there were only 6 people online. My guild is having problems finding new members and forget about finding healers and tanks. PVP open world area on Tatooine was entirely desert two days ago. In the mornings it is impossible to PVP at all, there are some players that farm Ilum at that time. Please, merge the servers.... krayiss obelisk server is dying :'(

Try being the only person on Corellia! Heyyyy? *crickets* LFG? *crickets* Haha!

And with this, what he means is:

Nubs: Normal people with jobs, families, school etc.

What he means when he says "endgamers" is up for speculation, but the dude's post should say a lot.

I have a job, two kids and a wife, my gaming time is much more limited than it was lets say 10 years ago when I was in my mid 20's with no kids and only a wife.

That is one of the reasons why I will not pay for a subpar MMO experience. My time to game is worth much more to me now since it is far more limited.

AoC improved, Warhammer improved, STO improved. But they were all too late. The chance to grow had passed. SWTOR is going to remain one of the failed sub based mmos (I say failed as in couldn't dent WoW, not as in didn't generate revenue) forever.

edit - Note on my second point. Most mmo's have a sort of hump transition from the leveling process to endgame. Alot of people quit after reaching max level because it is basically a different game and the change of playstyle is a bit jarring. SWTOR has the most drastic change of them all because of all the polish that goes into leveling. Not saying awesome leveling is a bad thing, but there needs to be some way to transition people into the new playstyle of endgame. I don't have any ideas on making this transition smoother either.

Aye it's certainly a harsh world for MMORPGs post-WoW, doubly so because as you say establised games give a false lack of wall (or at least a softer wall to hit) a maximum level.

I have a job, two kids and a wife, my gaming time is much more limited than it was lets say 10 years ago when I was in my mid 20's with no kids and only a wife.

That is one of the reasons why I will not pay for a subpar MMO experience. My time to game is worth much more to me now since it is far more limited.

Time is still worth the same. You just prioritize differently.

I hate PVP so I've never done that stuff in this game, but what I do know is that running around a 150+ fleet never drops me below around 50-60, which seems to apparently be another big problem area for alot of people.

And before you ask, no I will not download and install a program just so I can "prove" to you that I'm telling the truth. I really don't care whether you believe me or not(I'm betting on not).

I dont have issues in fleet.

In fact my fps with vert sync on rarely drops below 60.

However when I hit 50 and went to ilum I was just shocked.

I was even joking in vent with the guild becuase they were complaining. I said oh your systems just blow I never have issues. Their reply was laughing and chuckling saying just wait till you come to ilum.

So an hour later I hopped on my ship flew to ilum and low and behold my fps went to sh*t.

I was shocked. Never really had fps issues other then the occasional stuttering that happens in this game.

I encourage you to go to ilum when theres pvp going on and let me know your experience because it wont be the same.

Grats on Sales but lets be honest a game that has 1.7 mil active subs should have more than 60 people MAX on Republic fleet and 25 Max on illum....notice all the servers sit on light/standard these days...

even my server, dark sion, that was always heavy now is light BUT it could be that not as many people play at the same time now that the game has been out. Bioware doesn't care if you play (if anything they would rather you play less) they just care if you have an active sub.

You cared enough to respond and try to support your claim with unsubstantiated evidence.

I wish just one person who makes a claim like yours would support it with a video showing the game's fps indicator going or fraps fps indicator. Right now, all evidence points to the opposite of what you have professed.

There is no way for people to fix their systems as they are directed to do if no one can show them a system that actually performs well under the stress of medium to large pvp engagements.

Edited by Uachet

You cared enough to respond and try to support your claim with unsubstantiated evidence.

I wish just one person who makes a claim like yours would support it with a video showing the game's fps indicator going or fraps fps indicator. Right now, all evidence points to the opposite of what you have professed.

There is no way for people to fix their systems as they are directed to do if no one can show them a system that actually performs well under the stress of medium to large pvp engagements.

I made that statement because there is NO reason to go to that length to prove something to FORUM USERS. So I'll repeat, I don't care if you believe me. And to anybody who thinks that just because you personally or even a large group of the playerbase has issues that automatically means everybody does, *shakes head*

I have no problem supporting my claim with evidence to Bioware. And if they asked me to install fraps and send them a video I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I made that statement because there is NO reason to go to that length to prove something to FORUM USERS. So I'll repeat, I don't care if you believe me. And to anybody who thinks that just because you personally or even a large group of the playerbase has issues that automatically means everybody does, *shakes head*

I have no problem supporting my claim with evidence to Bioware. And if they asked me to install fraps and send them a video I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I don't care if any of you believe me either! In fact I'm going to keep posting and trying to convince you all because that's how much I don't care!

I don't care if any of you believe me either! In fact I'm going to keep posting and trying to convince you all because that's how much I don't care!

And what exactly am I trying to convince everybody of? That the game has no issues? Nope.

That my personal experience differs from yours? Alright, thats true. But when people jump all over someone who posts their personal experience by saying "You're not providing proof, therefore you're a liar", you just look argumentative and petty.

And sorry, but whether you think I'm lying or not, that doesn't change reality. And the only person who absolutely requires proof is Bioware, so they can get an accurate picture of the scope of the problem.

So in the end, yes I care enough to post my experiences, that's what this place is for. But no, I don't care enough to go out of my way to prove it to some forum troll who's calling people liars because they don't agree with them.

My rough estimate is 2.5M Active Subscribers

What's yours?:p

Yeah they need to start adding more servers. At the release with 1 million sold copies we had almost every server full with hour long wait times. With 2.5 million in 3 months is going to give us some serious problem.

stop drinking bong water .. +1,5m subs .. sure

eu-servers:

4 light

5 heavy

rest standard

so probably

low < 200

standard = 200 -500

heavy = 500-750

very heavy = +750

.. so maybe 25000 +-5000 eu players. there really must be really really very very heavy us and asia servers