Anyone else unhappy with Kaliyo? (Semi-spoiler)

McQuackers

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she cant hold aggro and dies very fast, thats bad.

I noticed you said this in another thread as well and I don't think you know how to use her.

Expand her mini skill bar to a player side bar, make sure her taunt skill is enabled, make sure her grenade is auto firing (it will act as an AOE taunt), turn off her taunt so you can use it when needed, and she is a beast.

I like to use her grenade first, then have her do that flying leap into battle. But if targets are scattered, then you have to help round them up and then have her use the grenade.

She and I routinely drop groups of elites.

She reminds me of Jack in Mass Effect 2, only with less tattoos and pale skin :p And frankly, I don't want to deal with another Jack in a Star wars game.

Course I'm sure a lot of certain people like that "I'm a ******" type, lol.

Edited by Issacton

I'll admit it. I'm shallow. I don't like bald women. Never liked Jack. So having Jack's twin sister was never going to go over well with me.

/shrug

I can't believe I didn't make the Jack connection sooner. You all just nailed the reason I don't like the character. Bald and attitude.

+1 to whoever said that they just flirt with Watcher 2 nonstop.

Edited by Beatmiser

I actually like her a lot, but she's completely incompatible with how I decided to play my Agent. I'm a complete *** kisser to authority figures who I don't like, I'm sympathetic to ordinary people who need help, and I have no respect for those who abuse power or people for personal gain. It's just about the opposite of Kaliyo's outlook, and the -1's pop up constantly.

Playing with Kaliyo is like playing with my sister. I don't mind losing a couple cool points in conversations with her- she follows me and does the stuff I ask.

Her tendencies don't bother me- She's not going to knife me for making a decision and Kaliyo as a companion is set up as more a business venture than anything else. For the most part its an ignore relationship!

^_^ Shut up and follow, lady!!

I treat her like a twin sister. In many ways, we're cut from the same cloth.....but whereas she has that rugged survival instinct that keeps her alive, I have the forked tongue that keeps me alive. To some degree, we're each just one side of the same, selfish, borderline sociopathic, coin.

With the "you're my twin sister" theme ringing in my head, I had no issue getting inside Watcher 2 and Darth Lachris.

Edited by Noahthered

Playing full dark side she's awesome, she loves every horrible, disrespectful self serving thing I do. I can see her being an annoying companion if I was RPing light side.

Definitely need to get that girl some hair options though. The hard***** bald pierced look doesn't fit her soft voice IMO.

I noticed you said this in another thread as well and I don't think you know how to use her.

Expand her mini skill bar to a player side bar, make sure her taunt skill is enabled, make sure her grenade is auto firing (it will act as an AOE taunt), turn off her taunt so you can use it when needed, and she is a beast.

I like to use her grenade first, then have her do that flying leap into battle. But if targets are scattered, then you have to help round them up and then have her use the grenade.

She and I routinely drop groups of elites.

I've seen people outfit her in their old gear i.e. Medium armor w/ cunning. This is going to make her gimp.

Her main stat is aim, and she wears heavy armor. If you give her decent equipment, she is ******. She's a better tank than most pug tanks IME.

This is it exactly she is like Jack with the exception that Jack was a emotionally damaged child who I just ended up feeling sorry for. Kaliyo likes hurting people and getting paid to do it. When you don't choose the shoot the orphan in the face option she is unhappy.

Odd. She's the one who suggested I destroy evidence to save people's lives and then gave me approval when I did it.

And as for the people talking about her usefulness, I had to turn off her taunt, as she kept stealing aggro from our Jugg.

Edited by ApesAmongUs

I approach Kaliyo with a mindset of employer and employee.. She is there to do my bidding. I don't have to get along with her. I just want her to hold agro and kill things.

She makes my life easier.

No romance..

All business..

Every once in awhile she says something funny.

Odd. She's the one who suggested I destroy evidence to save people's lives and then gave me approval when I did it.

And as for the people talking about her usefulness, I had to turn off her taunt, as she kept stealing aggro from our Jugg.

I figured I was covering her back when I did that and that it was quite possible she was working as a double agent when I turned her or had at least played both sides.

100% Personal preference. Someone will like her some won't simple as that.

I like Kaliyo as a companion reminds me a lot of Jack from ME2.

I felt the exact same way. She has her niche in some players' hearts. Sure we messed around for a bit, had a fight under the sheets once or twice but for me...

My heart forever belongs to Doctor E. Lokin. <3