Anyone else unhappy with Kaliyo? (Semi-spoiler)

McQuackers

Personality wise, I can't stand her.

I'd level alone if it were viable, and since it's not, I'm stuck with her until Alderaan (lvl 28-32).

And then also there's the romance aspect; I don't find her appealing at all. I'm sure there are some people out there who do, I can imagine her character having a nicely sized fanbase. But I'm sure there's an at least an equal number of people out there who don't care for her, and feel kind of stuck with her bad attitude.

Normally, I'd have kept this overall opinion to myself, but I just arrived on Tatooine and had my first encounter with the main storyline character Mia Hawkins. She is the complete antithesis of Kaliyo and she's battle trained.

It's like Bioware dangles these characters in front of us, saying "Is thiiiiiiiiis your next companion? NOPE!" They did that with Watcher X as well, but I will say that I dodged a bullet with not getting him as a companion. Now they put Mia Hawkins right in front of us to get our hopes up, but no. At least I won't fall for it this time, but I'll still get my hopes up, hoping they added her in for Live simply because she wasn't ready in beta or something.

She's the companion I wish I could have.

/rant

/sadface

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaliyo is awesome. We get along great. She's evil, I'm evil, we both love drinking and throwing kidneys at people at the black market organ auctions. If you equip her properly she holds massive aggro and is impossible to kill. I shoot high, she shoots low, and then she takes all my grey items and vendors them for me.

What's not to love?

I am unhappy with her because of her evil ways. I don't mind her looks that much, although being bald sucks (I'm not attracted to bald women). But the worst part is definitely the fact that she's evil.

I wish we'd have 2 companion choices from the start. It kind of sucks that the bounty hunter has a lightside companion at start, but the agent has an evil bald companion. I'm a lightside imperial, hence I prefer the bounty hunter companion but I prefer the agent class.

Edited by ddayyy

I love Kaliyo. She fits how I play my character pretty well; confident, all business, give me the credits. The only downside is that I'm playing a female Agent and can't romance her. But she does talk to me about some of the guys. And suggests that I "go for it" at times.

My ls/ds decisions have been mostly light side (Light 2) so far and she hasn't disapproved of all of them. I've lost more than 1 affection point maybe 3 or 4 times. Those are easily made up for by the companion gifts I keep getting from Diplomacy.

Better than getting healed by the droid with his constant talking every time he moves.

I said this in beta and will again. She is an imbecile that can not see the difference between being "minion" and playing targets. I wish there was a way to get her "in with the game".

Yeah 95 percent of the time I get 15-40 rep with here but that one time I get -1 pisses me off.

Edited by Vengola

I said this in beta and will again. She is an imbecile that can not see the difference between being "minion" and playing targets. I wish there was a way to get her "in with the game".

That is one thing that bugs me when choosing responses, otherwise I don't mind Kaliyo, she is a solid companion combat wise.

Get a girlfriend in RL that you like. Kaliyo is a companion. Kit her up, buy her gifts if you tend to piss her off in conversations. Really, there are other things to complain about.

Edit: Actually, the only thing i can think of to improve is the UI. And it's not that big a deal.

Edited by Pantheron

Shes cool, I feel like we are bonnie and clyde out in the universe being destructive, stabbing everyone in teh back for some extra credits.

I get to wind her up flirting with watcher and she still earns me credits and goes to the shop for me :.

As others have said gear her up and she great

100% Personal preference. Someone will like her some won't simple as that.

I like Kaliyo as a companion reminds me a lot of Jack from ME2.

This is it exactly she is like Jack with the exception that Jack was a emotionally damaged child who I just ended up feeling sorry for. Kaliyo likes hurting people and getting paid to do it. When you don't choose the shoot the orphan in the face option she is unhappy.

I was aiming at playing a spy who was a master manipulator and only used violence as a last resort. There is a saying you catch more fly's with honey than you do with vinegar, this approach of course doesn't suit Kaliyo at all so I will ditch her as soon as I can and take some one who is less of a sociopath.

I'm seeing a lot of responses that mirror my own, and I really liked the "choice of two companions at the start."

Maybe if we keep up with it, we can get a new companion on Nar Shaddaa or Tatooine via a content patch. Unfortunately, a new companion is probably x-pac territory

Personally, I fail to see why Mia Hawkins WOULDN'T become a companion. Does anyone else express a likeminded affinity for her?

If Kaliyo doesn't like you, you are more republic than empire.

She mostly agrees to my decision: money and respect (for me).

Seeing as she tends to disapprove when you act the Imperial drone, I'd hardly say her liking you makes you more 'Empire'. :p

More Dark Side? Sure. But, alignment has nothing to do with faction. With a gazillion individuals in the Republic and Empire, you'll find saints and mass murderers and everything in-between within both.