losing interest in swtor?

GalakDarkmoon

i havnt been on tor in 2 weeks and im not botherd as im slowly losing interest in it :\ anyone else like this or is it just me?

Nope. I'm loving the game, and I'm still on my first character.

I find if you only play 2-4 hours a day, you'll enjoy the game longer. Lets you have a life too :D

We play 3-4 hours a night M-Thursday and a ton more on weekends. Not losing interest at all, plenty of stuff to do, and having a blast. So are the rest of the people on my team. Stuff to work on? Sure. Bugs and issues that always arise with new games. But-- i'm patient for endgame, Just like I was when wow launched with no endgame in sight.

Nope. I'm loving the game, and I'm still on my first character.

I find if you only play 2-4 hours a day, you'll enjoy the game longer. Lets you have a life too :D

Actually all that means is that SWTOR has a shelf life of about 200-250 hours, and then you get sick of it. You either play those hours at the start like a lot of people who are now bored to tears, or you do it piecemeal. You will still end up being bored, but a lot later on and desperately hoping the people in the former category are still playing!!

We play 3-4 hours a night M-Thursday and a ton more on weekends. Not losing interest at all, plenty of stuff to do, and having a blast. So are the rest of the people on my team. Stuff to work on? Sure. Bugs and issues that always arise with new games. But-- i'm patient for endgame, Just like I was when wow launched with no endgame in sight.

Love your outlook on the game..

Actually all that means is that SWTOR has a shelf life of about 200-250 hours, and then you get sick of it. You either play those hours at the start like a lot of people who are now bored to tears, or you do it piecemeal. You will still end up being bored, but a lot later on and desperately hoping the people in the former category are still playing!!

Not really. See, when I get bored of my main - let's say in 6-8 weeks - guess what I'll do?

Roll a Sith Warrior tank. Shocker!

Maybe I'll go back to my Imperial Sniper on Candorous Ordo.

Maybe I'll go check out the Republic side, being the side quests will be all new. That'll be good for two more alts at least.

So no...I'm thinking I'll be good to go until at least the next major publish (2.0).

Honestly, the only people who are burning out are people who didn't enjoy KOTOR because clearly the fans of that game had NO issue running through the exact same quests 4-12 times. No variety, just different characters and I guess the ability to make different choices on said same quests.

The story is what makes this title.

The 'hardcore' MMO gamers who are here because it's a new MMO and have one end game character then yeah, I would understand your boredom.

I really think the majority (not vast majority, of course) of people are enjoying specifically what this game delivers on - quality story content.

If someone chooses to not enjoy the leveling process through quests and some warzones at least twice on each side *shrug* I don't know what to tell you, other then you want lineage II or something.

Edited by islander

i havnt been on tor in 2 weeks and im not botherd as im slowly losing interest in it :\ anyone else like this or is it just me?

I'm in the same boat, I haven't logged in in the last 5 days and the longer I go the less I want to log in.... I just heard my guild may have split in my absence if that turns out to be true that's gonna be it for me... :(

Not really. See, when I get bored of my main - let's say in 6-8 weeks - guess what I'll do?

Roll a Sith Warrior tank. Shocker!

Maybe I'll go back to my Imperial Sniper on Candorous Ordo.

Maybe I'll go check out the Republic side, being the side quests will be all new. That'll be good for two more alts at least.

So no...I'm thinking I'll be good to go until at least the next major publish (2.0).

Honestly, the only people who are burning out are people who didn't enjoy KOTOR because clearly the fans of that game had NO issue running through the exact same quests 4-12 times. No variety, just different characters and I guess the ability to make different choices on said same quests.

The story is what makes this title.

The 'hardcore' MMO gamers who are here because it's a new MMO and have one end game character then yeah, I would understand your boredom.

I really think the majority (not vast majority, of course) of people are enjoying specifically what this game delivers on - quality story content.

If someone chooses to not enjoy the leveling process through quests and some warzones at least twice on each side *shrug* I don't know what to tell you, other then you want lineage II or something.

So you'll go back and do all the Sith side quests again and a third time? or you'll do the Republic side.....

I have a 50 on both sides, and various alts strewn through the levels on both too....

I am burned out because once you have reached level 50, the only thing left to do is play a flawed PvP system, play a flawed raid system or go roll an alt and experience the class quests of the classes you haven't yet rolled, and guess what.... to do them, you also need to re-do all the same old planet side quests....

For the record I loved KOTOR and to a certain degree KOTOR 2. Difference is I don't have to pay a monthly sub to play it again and again.....

So you'll go back and do all the Sith side quests again and a third time? or you'll do the Republic side.....

I have a 50 on both sides, and various alts strewn through the levels on both too....

I am burned out because once you have reached level 50, the only thing left to do is play a flawed PvP system, play a flawed raid system or go roll an alt and experience the class quests of the classes you haven't yet rolled, and guess what.... to do them, you also need to re-do all the same old planet side quests....

For the record I loved KOTOR and to a certain degree KOTOR 2. Difference is I don't have to pay a monthly sub to play it again and again.....

What were you expecting to do at level 50 exactly?

What were you expecting to do at level 50 exactly?

Play an MMO?

The majority of the people who are left, who aren't considering leaving, and that are defending the game, enjoy it for its non mmo bits... they just will roll alts until they have all 4 classes leveled to 50 twice...

The legacy system will be nearly useless by the time it's released, they could have added bits of it and updated each week as they continue to do things little by little. It's suppose to make the leveling experience a better one more tailored to how you want a level. Now when it's released you'll have another 5-10 skills that are more than likely useless, and a bunch of pointless passive.

Guilds are just extended friend list, I wouldn't even go to the extent of calling them linkshells, at least those you can swap and change out.

By the time a casual player reaches level 50 PVP will be such and imbalanced playing field because gear has been taking long and longer to get... Am I complaining that I want it easier no... the problem is the increasingly longer time it takes to get up to being competitive and helping your fellow team. full set took a week or two in the beginning, now currently its nearly a month or so? by march it will probably take a few months.

PvP not only needs Brackets for leveling, but also... matchmaking (its been around since 2004 with the release of Halo 2)... A valor 10 shouldn't been a game with 90+s... game will be on it's last leg by march anyway and without the inclusion of cross server warzones which many are avidly against, this will cause an up roar in the community regarding queue times.... but hey guess not everyone wants competition.

PVE is just more and more frustrating, from bugged bosses, to bugged loot, from faceroll mechanics to cheesy mechanics that don't instill difficulty just promote an RNG factor...

Full quest log at 50 you can't delete quest from and your only option is to go to each planet in hopes they are completable.

A customizable UI at least with movable playerframes (health bars, portrait, action bars, minimap).

Far better search function on the auction house, by the time you can type in the name of the item your looking for, there really isn't a point, since you have to know the location, type, quality, and level, of said item, before you can even type the name....

Far better more real-time updating raid UI

More graphic options like bringing back turning down viewing distance..... thats a HUGE!!!!! resource sink for many players that want to actually play this game. non technical people don't wanna spend $1500-2000 to play this game at more than 10fps, because if this remains unavailable, along with turning down some of the spell effects, wouldn't let anyone not running a dual hex core processor motherboard, with quad xfire/sli 590/7970s, having 128gbs of ram, SSD's in a raid 0, with an OC-768 internet connection pull more than 8fps on ilum and without skill input stuttering/lag.

I can go on but hopefully you get the point

I'm definitely past that "honeymoon" phase, but still having fun....still...somewhat addicted.

My guild does Ops 2-3 times a week, and I have a level 40 alt and a few lower ones. I certainly haven't run out o things to do. Sad thing is I still haven't done any pvp.