This is for people talking smack on "missle spammers"

khajak

will you STOP TALKING ABOUT BOUNTY HUNTERS WHEN YOU MEAN MERCENARYS!!!!!

please, us powertechs is bounty hunters too and being put in the same basket as the tracermonkeys offends me.

anyway, fight vs. tracermonkey ... interrupt tracer missile, watch him stare at you for 4sec. not knowing what to do(the REALLY good ones actually use unload if you interrupt them but thats only 1 out of 10 times...)

and just for the record, rep commands are just the same...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 50 jugg in all-but-3-pieces champion gear, and it's not any more difficult to play than a Trooper. Anybody who says that is trying to stoke their own ego.

Not really. Anyone who calls trooper easymode is telling it like it is. But yeah, I'd love to one on one another jugg that only uses 5 abilities (if it's really like playing a trooper as you say). That'll be a quick and easy fight. Hell, I'll even fight you naked.

And Additionally Don't run up in here flashing a few pieces of champ gear like I'm supposed to be impressed, son. If you got that crap using a sequence of 5 abilities (again, if you play it like you play a trooper) it shows a fundamental dysfunction of the pvp system, not that you're some all powerful jugg-Jesus.

Im tired of people talking smack on bh/trooper dps tracer/grav round spammers.

people on my server even send my angry whispers in wzs because im pwning them. My rep on both pub and sith cause whole teams to hunt me down because i destroy them that much. first off. lvl 10-44. ive invested a lot of creds buying the best gear i can possibly obtain. im sith btw so i dont know anything about the trooper counterpart. not only having gear. ive read the trees and put together a pretty awesome build imo. k. first off. you need to spam tracer because if you have it specced in your tree. it stacks debuffs on the target. 5 stacks. which then sets up for unload. rail shot or heat seeking missles. so people that sit there and say we missle spam. well thats how it works. if u know how to play anyway. sorcs force lightning spam. dot and run spam. Snipers spam. everyone spams some sort of attack in a way. As a bh. i use tracer shot. fusion missle. rail shot. death from above. heat seeking missles and of course tracer missle. I love rocket punch. its my fav. can u just spam tracer? yes but you will not be a great player and probably get pwned. why doesnt anyone cry about all the other classes spams? its the way the game is made. i dont cry about force pull and sprint because thats what they chose to play. you people need to stop pvping if you cant accept the classes people chose to play. i laugh when the wz is all sorcs. anyways. bh/troopers are more than just missle spammers. so if yer crying. roll a bh and see for yourself before you accuse.

brool story co

I feel so skilled using 4 Buttons with my Marodeur doing 400 k Damage while i need 1 Button with my Merc for 150 k Damage but 5 Buttons for 400 k Damage.

And with my sorc using 4 Buttons for 500 k Damage im the best Progamer the World has ever seen!

And when i play my OP using 6 Buttons for 300 k Damage and 300 k Heal i feel like 1337skilled2k².

U know why? Because u need a lot of skill to press 6 Buttons!!!

Edited by Luckorforever

1) You got more cc than most melee classes.

2) You can stand still and just hit back the melee. The outcome will be the same, cause in this game terms like "kite" or "avoid melees" dont exist. (This goes for all ranged dps classes)

3) Knockback

4) Dont cry when they nerf it.

5) In case you start saying that i am a noob and i have no idea and blah blah blah.. I play as a combat medic and i know what i am talking about. We all know that its unbalanced. If you dont know it or you dont admit it, then you are just BAD.

It won't get nerfed because it is easily countered. Playing a combat medic doesn't mean anything. I'd call you a noob based on you thinking the class needs a nerf when it so clearly doesn't.

It won't get nerfed because it is easily countered. Playing a combat medic doesn't mean anything. I'd call you a noob based on you thinking the class needs a nerf when it so clearly doesn't.

"Hiring Gabe Amatangelo to lead pvp development is akin to hiring George Bush Jr to write speeches."

You, sir, made me lol. Plus, I read the post that you quoted and I have no clue what drugs that guy is on.

i am sure 99% of the classes in this game are easy like BHs

Ever tried a Marauder?

Didn't think so...

In any combat situation, activating / utilizing less than 15 styles / attacks results in a failure.

Not comparable to "Tracer-Missile-Merc" at all.

Edited by GalaxyDude

There is nothing OP about grav / tracer spam its just a horrible design making a whole talent tree around one skill and not only is it about that one skill it also encourages you to spam it over and over....before you use something else.

It is the most user friendly class in the game to do good with but in no way is it OP.

Although it does seem odd certain classes being able to do well in pvp ops by spamming one skill while other classes would run outta juice very very quickly if they attempted similiar seems abit odd.

The question is are BW gonna nerf it like the scoundrel / ops just hammer down the class without having any other viable spec or give utility to make up for the loss, or maybe cause so many people play the class leave it as is.

Edited by wiazabi

How about we stop referring to Mercs as "BH"?

Powertechs have nothing they can "spam" and require more thinking than playing a Merc.

We have a lot more abilities we have to think about using in different situations.

A Merc can typically camp up somewhere and TM people to death before they can even come back and attack them. What's that, they got back in time with 30% health? Oh, just knock them back and finish them off. No problem.

A Powertech, shield tech in particular, has a harder time because over half the type of damage in PvP cannot be mitigated for us like it can be in PvE.

Death From Above, if interrupted before actually executed, has to go on Cooldown.

Jet Charge and Grapple is not that useful outside of Huttball. So there's multiple talent points and abilities right there that seem wasted outside of Huttball.

So for those of us shield techs who thought we'd have the bubbles and damage mitigation of Juggernaut in PvP realized we got screwed, now I have supercommando champ gear that's a waste, so I have to start over by respecing Pyro or Prototype and get different gear stats.

Edited by EscVelocity

There is nothing OP about grav / tracer spam its just a horrible design making a whole talent tree around one skill and not only is it about that one skill it also encourages you to spam it over and over....before you use something else.

It is the most user friendly class in the game to do good with but in no way is it OP.

Although it does seem odd certain classes being able to do well in pvp ops by spamming one skill while other classes would run outta juice very very quickly if they attempted similiar seems abit odd.

The question is are BW gonna nerf it like the scoundrel / ops just hammer down the class without having any other viable spec or give utility to make up for the loss, or maybe cause so many people play the class leave it as is.

If you do nothing but spam grav round, you will run out of ammo very quickly, and your target will likely not be dead.

But yeah, I'd love to one on one another jugg that only uses 5 abilities (if it's really like playing a trooper as you say).

I'm not saying Commando is a hard class - it isn't - nor are any of the other AC's I've played, but 5 abilities is disingenuously low, even if higher than 1 or 3. A good Comm/Merc uses as many abilities as any other class when the situation calls for it. In any given WZ I will utilize:

Full-Auto (3 sec channel, use when Curtain of Fire procs)

Grav Round (duh)

High Impact Bolt (Instant, requires Grav Round debuff, stacking charge from GR boosts dmg, charges consumed when HIB is fired)

Demo Round (Instant, high damage, damage increased per stack of GR debuff)

Hammer Shot (Instant, very low damage but useable when on the run, low ammo or to interrupt cap)

Sticky Grenade (Instant, delayed aoe damage)

Stockstrike (Instant, melee attack - talented for small KB)

Mortar Volley (Channeled aoe)

Explosive Shot (Instant AoE, ideal for interrupting multiple cappers, high ammo cost)

Plasma Grenade (2 sec cast AoE elemental dot. High ammo cost, best when used in tandem with cds Tech Override (makes it instant cast) & Reserve Powercell (makes it cost no ammo.)

By my count that's 10 attacks that a competent Gunnery specced Commando should have hotkeyed and use multiple times in nearly every match, explo shot or hammer shot probably being the most situational. That's also just attack abilities primarily designed to deal damage, that doesn't include Heals, CCs, CDs or any of the other stuff that everyone else has to keep track of too. The point is that it's bad form to just assume that all Gunnery specced Commandos (and by proxy, Arsenal Specced Mercs) are one-button jockeys.

TM/GR spammers only "pwn" when people ignore them and let them sit there and launch missile after missile. But once people realize you are a threat if left alone, you are pretty much an easy kill. Interrupt your tracer missile and you just sit there like....uh...what do I do now..?

How is it broken? Is it broken, that any melee who catches a merc in the open gets a free kill basically? Is it broken that when I get interrupted? or CCed to the point I can't use my ONE and only attack that makes any difference?

Maybe, people need to be better situationaly aware and not focused on that level 12 they are pwning while I am building up stacks on them. It's not as if it doesn't make a sound loud enough or a distinctive animation.

It can be considered broken when a whole spec is formed over one skill that does good dps and build offensive and defensive buffs at the same time.

stopped reading there, sorry ot break this to you but you are not pwning them, you are abusing broken balance to feel you are pwning them which isnt far from cheating, its just a legal way to cheat xD

?? whats broken??

A competent player see's gravround/tracer missile cast and interrupts it.

Its too hard NOT to interrupt something as obvious as TM/Grav

TM/GR spammers only "pwn" when people ignore them and let them sit there and launch missile after missile. But once people realize you are a threat if left alone, you are pretty much an easy kill. Interrupt your tracer missile and you just sit there like....uh...what do I do now..?

Doesn't work if you're in a pug.

I'm a BH Powertech and I've been in hundreds of PvP matches on my server, against same and pub faction. Never once in a pug has anyone coordinated to go after that insane op DPS class that's camping above them, or go after the healer that's just chilling outside of the fighting frenzy topping off their friendlies.

Everytime I type into chat to knock back that sniper or merc camping up on the ramp, or interrupt/burn down the healer hiding near the pillar, no one has ever complied. Not once.

It's always me, the clunky tank, doing everything I can to distract them from the team. But the Merc can take me out by focusing on me and knocking me back multiple times, or the healer can heal themselves and kite me around, drawing it out, both of us basically cancelling out each other.

Edited by EscVelocity

Doesn't work if you're in a pug.

I'm a BH Powertech and I've been in hundreds of PvP matches on my server, against same and pub faction. Never once in a pug has anyone coordinated to go after that insane op DPS class that's camping above them, or go after the healer that's just chilling outside of the fighting frenzy topping off their friendlies.

Everytime I type into chat to knock back that sniper or merc camping up on the ramp, or interrupt/burn down the healer hiding near the pillar, no one has ever complied. Not once.

It's always me, the clunky tank, doing everything I can to distract them from the team. But the Merc can take me out by focusing on me and knocking me back multiple times, or the healer can heal themselves and kite me around, drawing it out, both of us basically cancelling out each other.

What server are you on?

I will note to NEVER role their

What server are you on?

I will note to NEVER role their

Darth Xedrix, Empire, level 50.

Anytime we go up against Republic, though, I always see them quickly recognizing and going after our healer, or our Merc/sniper camping up top. This is usually always in the Civil War wz.

Edited by EscVelocity