The Suggestion Box

mrHaterade

annihilate - dmg is good, but the proc that it creates is kind of stupid imo. yes it may be useful in pve, but in pvp how many times do you really use annihilate that can make use of the time reduction for the 3 procs.

the proc is great in pvp especially against healers, good healers. it doesn't need to be changed imo.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the proc is great in pvp especially against healers, good healers. it doesn't need to be changed imo.

Add cripple/healing debuff/armor pen or something like +x% dmg on your next bleed ticks for y seconds.Problem solved.

Do we need one?

We have 6% crit on force abilities. 15% on bleeds. 100% on Force Scream. 100% on Smash.

For carnage specifically, all the spec gets is the 6% from Malice, and thats in the Rage Tree.

100% Force Scream crits are great, but the majority of damage from Carnage comes from Ataru and Massacre.

1. Doesn't affect the line of discussion where we're comparion Marauder access to crit chance buffs versus other classes.

2. Yeah, that was one of my early suggestions for stabilizing Carnage's damage output in particular -- it's too reliant on RNG while also reliant on fragile buff windows for pew pew. Something like +10% chance to crit while that 6 second Ataru proc buff is up would make the spec significantly less RNG-sucky.

So many good ideas here.

I don't have anything else to add as far as mechanics go, but I do wish we had the ability to use Double Bladed Lightsabers. Yes, its not much of a boost overall, buts it would a great QOL improvement. Sin's don't really melee and only use that weapon to proc force spells. Lets us have it and we can put it to good use.

Either have a built in damage modifier which adds the corresponding damage normally given with an off hand weapon OR allow us to use an offhand shield/power gen for increased damage/stats.

I know, its not earth shattering but when you consider how fast we go from skill to skill, from attack to attack, I bet we can really make that thing sing instead of it being wasted on a mage like class that uses it to just go whack-whack and done.

So many good ideas here.

I don't have anything else to add as far as mechanics go, but I do wish we had the ability to use Double Bladed Lightsabers. Yes, its not much of a boost overall, buts it would a great QOL improvement. Sin's don't really melee and only use that weapon to proc force spells. Lets us have it and we can put it to good use.

Either have a built in damage modifier which adds the corresponding damage normally given with an off hand weapon OR allow us to use an offhand shield/power gen for increased damage/stats.

I know, its not earth shattering but when you consider how fast we go from skill to skill, from attack to attack, I bet we can really make that thing sing instead of it being wasted on a mage like class that uses it to just go whack-whack and done.

I think it would be great, maybe a talent that allows us to use one and a normal saber in the off hand as well, maybe an ability at level 50 like when mail wearers could wear plate at lvl 40 in WoW, or perhaps an ability that utilizes the double bladed saber in the animation so it only activates during it but give passive damage benefits since we can equip one.

...I do wish we had the ability to use Double Bladed Lightsabers.

I love it. Seriously. Adding it. It's funny, we have all these abilities that say "requires two lightsabers," but when will a marauder ever not have two lightsabers?! Having abilities or talents that make it worthwhile to either use just one or a double blader is a great idea.

EDIT: I added it to a new passive abilities section. I think adding the off-hand damage and a shield would be fair if either the "requires two lightsabers" moves were tweaked to scale between double-bladed and dualies or they changed one of the trees to benefit d-bladers. It's highly unlikely this kind of a change would ever happen, but hey, it's still a great idea. ;)

Edited by mrHaterade

• 1 month later...

As far as Carn's mobility in PvP, perhaps a tweek could be made to Force Camo's Unbound . It might look like:

"Unbound 2/2

Force Camouflage has a 100% chance to break all movement-impairing effects and grant immunity to their reapplication for 8 seconds. . ."

Sorry if this has been suggested already. I got through 4 pages and then this last page here.

Edited by Troelsen

Yes, there is a problem with Cloaking in PvP. On Alderaan I found a 31 Jedi Shadow PvPing a 29 Imperial Officer who jumped on the guy while engaged in PvE. I was passing by on my 41 Juggernaught at the time and beat the Jedi to near death, he cloaked and retreated. Felt like a cheap victory how it's so easy to cloak and run without any consequences.

Which makes me go into PvP kills in itself as a second suggestion: If you get killed in PvP without any PvE flags (being engaged in combat with NPCs) you should have to respawn at your base or wait 10-15 minutes to respawn than get up within 2 minutes. Because it ends up being lousy PvP where people get up and continue PvPing.

As for my third suggestion - NPC Healers - needs nerfed.

As I type this, I'm on Hoth battling Level 39 Buccaneers and they were healing one another and inspite having 5 levels on them, it was just going nowhere fast. In fact, I got the general impression these White Maw NPCs are mis-conns since they do so much damage for level 39-40 and not being Elite nor in a Heroic area.

And due to the small populations, you cant even find groups to do these Heroic Missions, so you have to level higher and come back later if you want to experience them.

Edited by Azurian

• 2 weeks later...

I realize this thread is a bit old but it's still a thread centered on suggestions for Marauder, not the game in general.

To revize my original tweek to Unbound, the immunity should last for the duration of Camo and for 4 seconds after Camo breaks.

Marauders are in a great spot right now. Some of the things on the list would make us way too overpowered. I do agree with this one though...

Annihilate: Increase length of Annihilator buff to 18 seconds.

Three seconds might not seem like much, but I can't list how many times I use annihilate just in time to keep the buff up. This would be a great change because keeping the annihilator buff up is so crucial to our long term damage.

My favorite idea so far is taking Gore off the global cooldown.

The way it is now, 1.5 seconds of its 6 second duration is eaten up by the global. Is this intended? If so, they may as well increase the duration to about 10 seconds and give it 3 charges, consumed by Rage spenders and Channeled abilities.

My favorite idea so far is taking Gore off the global cooldown.

The way it is now, 1.5 seconds of its 6 second duration is eaten up by the global. Is this intended? If so, they may as well increase the duration to about 10 seconds and give it 3 charges, consumed by Rage spenders and Channeled abilities.

How about Gore increasing damage by 75% to channeled abilities and rage spenders with 6 charges.

Edited by Vinadin

I would definitely take the immunity to knockbacks off the list unless it is granted to other melee classes. As an example, scoundrels and operatives already have the hardest time with knockbacks because they have no gap closer, and they have no way to be immune to them.