Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Pff, Mako. She's like a little sister! My huntress is still pining after Juda. ;P

Speaking of (currently) unattainable romances... have any of you good people played a male Sith Warrior? I'm curious how hard (or not) it would be to "read between the lines" and construct a romance with Quinn, if we never get that option in-game.

(I can hold out hope! ...but I'm getting antsy. :p )

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pff, Mako. She's like a little sister! My huntress is still pining after Juda. ;P

I was annoyed when I found out Juda wouldn't overtly flirt with my BH the first time I ran into her. She was making some fairly flirty comments to me, about "girls have to stick together", "nice to see more independent women", "hey, GREAT to see you again, hon", etc.

And at one point Mako suggests we all go on vacation together. Me, Mako and Juda. Now that would be fun... :jawa_biggrin:

I just assume my BH is having random flings here and there off-camera, while waiting for Mako to get over this silly "I'm straight, whee!" kick she's on and accept that her true feelings lie in the direction of a certain sexy chiss woman in heavy armor... :jawa_smile:

Mmm. I DO miss my BH... Maybe I should start playing her again...

Okay, now I'm a tiny bit crabby again.

I just saw this thread on Legacy Surnames posted yesterday in General Discussion, and within ONE DAY, it receives the following answer:

We're definitely working on this (it's a much requested feature) but we have not made any statements regarding when this will be available.

Really, Georg? REALLY? And by that, what I mean to say is: REALLY???

I'm assuming that most people know who he is, but in case someone doesn't, Georg is the Principal Lead Combat Designer for SWTOR. As sources of information go, it doesn't get much more official than this.

Georg... Stephen... Bioware folks...this is PRECISELY the kind of friendly, acknowledging, yet non-specific post we've been looking for in this thread, a thread that has gone on and on and on through several incarnations without a scrap of attention from any of you. Yet Georg is able to just hop right in there on a moment's notice on the issue of legacy names?

To be clear, I do not begrudge the fact that the OP got an answer. I'm not being critical of Georg for responding in that thread. It was wonderful that he took the time to chime in. I'm happy that their issue was acknowledged and addressed. I think its an issue that deserved the rapid yet casual response it received.

So does ours.

I really hope we get an answer today on the Q&A thread. Just sayin'.

I was annoyed when I found out Juda wouldn't overtly flirt with my BH the first time I ran into her. She was making some fairly flirty comments to me, about "girls have to stick together", "nice to see more independent women", "hey, GREAT to see you again, hon", etc.

And at one point Mako suggests we all go on vacation together. Me, Mako and Juda. Now that would be fun... :jawa_biggrin:

Yes! I think one of the first things I got to say to Juda was to compliment her outfit (which is so girly coming from a BH that I laughed), and she replied in kind. There's just so much room there for flirting... T_T

The vacation comment was awesome XD Maybe after Act I wraps up... (in my head-canon, anyway ;) )

Yes! I think one of the first things I got to say to Juda was to compliment her outfit (which is so girly coming from a BH that I laughed), and she replied in kind. There's just so much room there for flirting... T_T

The vacation comment was awesome XD Maybe after Act I wraps up... (in my head-canon, anyway ;) )

If I could draw human figures better I'd be sorely tempted to do a picture of the three of them at some resort in bathing suits sipping fruity drinks. My BH would have her blaster within arm's reach, of course... :jawa_wink:

Speaking of (currently) unattainable romances... have any of you good people played a male Sith Warrior? I'm curious how hard (or not) it would be to "read between the lines" and construct a romance with Quinn, if we never get that option in-game.

(I can hold out hope! ...but I'm getting antsy. :p )

Yes, I am playing a male SW at the moment, though I'm kind of leery about continuing a bit. As I've said numerous times, I would really like my pureblood and Quinn to hit it off. It just seems right.

Okay, now I'm a tiny bit crabby again.

I just saw this thread on Legacy Surnames posted yesterday in General Discussion, and within ONE DAY, it receives the following answer:

Well, that is a topic that has been raised an a bajillion threads - it's a subject that's allowed to have a bajillion threads.

And frankly, a bald answer of "we are working on it but cannot say whe it will happen" is as much information as we already have, and for me at least would not be a satifying answer.

Edited by Uluain

Sadly no, I couldn't. Before I knew my very much gay Sith Inquisitor was having some unwilling sexy time with that Rylee Dray (I hate this character so much now). All I wanted was to be friendly (was aiming for a neutral/light side sith) but that was a bit too friendly alright! :mad:

That actually works both ways. Even if you want the unmarked OG scenes you have to carefully search for them sometimes and if it stays that way we will have trouble finding those unmarked options for our SG characters as well.

Edited by Luhrsen

And frankly, a bald answer of "we are working on it but cannot say whe it will happen" is as much information as we already have, and for me at least would not be a satifying answer.

I can certainly understand your feeling on that considering the amount of work we've had to do to get the information we already have. But I think perhaps if that kind of an answer had come much earlier it would have been a different story altogether.

For me, though an answer like that wouldn't be the most ideal answer, it would still be an improvement over the communication given to us since this thread appeared.

As far as I'm concerned, the information we have received through our various emails from customer support, though encouraging, remain unconfirmed and unofficial until I hear it from a Dev or Community Team member.

Well, since someone in Gold might well have popped in much sooner to say "Hello! We see this is important to you, and want you to know our developers are working on this. But at this time, we have no further information on this content," but didn't, I actually read that not as "we don't care" but as "we don't care to talk until we really can address these points with the degree of detail we think they deserve."

That may be optimism on my part. But look at the effort made to keep this thread up, on topic and relatively snark-free, the email replies we have had which included specific encouragement to continue to use the Q&A thread to express our desire for more information, factor in the unwillingness to toss us a facile but informationless reply, and I'd say while we may be hearing less, we're actually being treated with a great deal more care.

Don't get me wrong! I do think this is something deserving of some official word from Those In The Know. I have been critical of Stephen Reid in this regard because this is precisely his job - to see that information from BioWare is brought to the community where needed. I have at least toned down that criticism because, believing my point made, I have no intention of harrassment or the kind of creepy stalking that a.) is never appropriate and b.) would do more harm than good.

Nutshell, changing Legacy names is a simple issue, suitable for a short reply. This is an issue of byzantine complexity for all kinds of reasons, and saying the wrong things - or even saying the right things in the wrong way - could do more harm than good. I know we have them on the hotseat. In that regards, I am prepared (especially given recent assurances from Customer Service) to wait for a good answer rather than a fast one.

That said, hurry up already! ;)

Nutshell, changing Legacy names is a simple issue, suitable for a short reply. This is an issue of byzantine complexity for all kinds of reasons, and saying the wrong things - or even saying the right things in the wrong way - could do more harm than good.

/shrug They could have answered everything we need to know with 2 words. Will existing romances be allowed same gender options? Yes or No. Will this take weeks, months, or years before we see it? Two words 1) Yes or No and 2) Weeks or Months or Years. That's all I need to know.

One of the questions that keeps coming up is will the current ones be available for SGR's and from their reply near the beginning of the thread it was answered. They mentioned that new companions will be added with "additional" romance options. That suggests to me that the current ones will not be SGR optional. At least that's what it says to me.

Anyone else sat on the community page hitting refresh? Although, to be honest I don't know why I bother as the chances of them actually acknowledging SGRAs exist is minimal at best.

Yes I am.

Either they answer it, in which case I plan to monitor and flag the inevitable hate-posts in the discussion thread, or they don't and I want to be there to post again in the next Q&A thread.

Also, I don't want a two-word reply. I want to know some details on what's involved in developing the content. That interests me. I would like for them to put the kibosh on those who, not wanting this at all, want not to see it. I would like to hear whether they mean to restrict same-gender content to companion romances only and, if so, why. Lots of ground to cover, if they mean to answer at all.

One of the questions that keeps coming up is will the current ones be available for SGR's and from their reply near the beginning of the thread it was answered. They mentioned that new companions will be added with "additional" romance options. That suggests to me that the current ones will not be SGR optional. At least that's what it says to me.

No - it says that new ones will be so enabled.

The clarification to that post made by Mr. Reid in September indicated that whether this would also be done for current companions was on the table but was undecided. It is an open question.

I really do need to consolidate a "what all we know" post.

No - it says that new ones will be so enabled.

The clarification to that post made by Mr. Reid in September indicated that whether this would also be done for current companions was on the table but was undecided. It is an open question.

I really do need to consolidate a "what all we know" post.

It better be. Of course, if it is, I'm sure the galaxy will be filled with the high-pitched squeals of Mako, Vette and Dorne being pounced upon. :jawa_biggrin:

Quinn and Corso, too, though I suppose they wouldn't quite be as high-pitched... or would they!

Kaliyo wouldn't make any special noise, she'd just go "Wait, we weren't already?"

It better be. Of course, if it is, I'm sure the galaxy will be filled with the high-pitched squeals of Mako, Vette and Dorne being pounced upon. :jawa_biggrin:

Quinn and Corso, too, though I suppose they wouldn't quite be as high-pitched... or would they!

Kaliyo wouldn't make any special noise, she'd just go "Wait, we weren't already?"

Don't forget Kira! If I have to I will recreate my JK and lvl her all the way back to 50 just so she can officially hook up with Kira instead of it all being my head canon.

Don't forget Kira! If I have to I will recreate my JK and lvl her all the way back to 50 just so she can officially hook up with Kira instead of it all being my head canon.

True, forgot Kira. Probably because the knight is the only class I haven't gotten up to 15+ level yet, so I haven't even met her. I ran into her second-handedly through my bf's knight tho. Not quite the same thing however.

Mako though. She's getting SO pounced. :jawa_biggrin:

OK, now they are just being obtuse. They can't hide behind the "we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content" line anymore. At least four of their answers this week boil down to "yes we are working on it, but we don't have an ETA yet".

I should try to be optimistic and put another polite question in the Q&A forum, but I'm not sure I have it in me to be nice about it again this week.

Seriously, how hard would it be to at least acknowledge us?