Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Don't forget Kira! If I have to I will recreate my JK and lvl her all the way back to 50 just so she can officially hook up with Kira instead of it all being my head canon.

I have the opportunity to re-roll all my characters, coming up soon with the launch of the Australia/New Zealand/Singapore/Hong Kong servers (they're calling them Asia Pacific, but since Australia/NZ are in Oceania...). I could transfer my current characters, but I'm seriously considering not doing that.

Only trouble is, am I just going to run into the same problem I'm already having - not being able or wanting to level characters because of no SGRA? (I have two 50s at the moment, one I levelled with my partner, the other (Jan'neria) I just couldn't stop levelling because her story was so intriguing outside of romantic entanglements... but the others are all languishing between about level 18 and level 30.)

It's something for me to think about, though... Especially considering my triumphant mature age return to university next week, as well as the launch of ME3 on the 6th will take my focus away from SWTOR somewhat.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I know that there wasn't any news today, but I actually expected it from the way those last CS mails we got were phrased. I've already posted my weekly question and I think there is value in keeping things visible and alive. The CS team said as much.

I know the lack of response is frustrating, I know I was frustrated. Things as they stand are not good enough and we should absolutely make our voices heard. We should absolutely continue asking for more information, for some peace of mind.

But today I feel oddly heartened about the whole thing. I resubbed, even, for another month at least. I haven't really had the desire to play my characters for a while now, but I went online today and remembered how much I like them, how much fun the story is for me, even when an obvious and vital part is missing.

The reason why I even fight is because I do love the game and I want it to be all it can be, for everyone. I want to be here when Corso finally realizes that when he says "Anything you want, Captain" in that voice, he really means it :D

Please do visit this week's Community Q&A Thread and (once again) ask for an update on same-gender content.

I know it is frustrating not to have a reply this week, but a number of other high-volume questions were answered, giving us a greater likelihood of an even larger showing this week.

As a side note, try to keep your posts polite - no one likes a whiner (even when it is justified).

Also, as posts on same-gender content accumulate, we can expect more posts to this thread and the thread on Same-Gender [Flirt] Prompts from those upset by us asking for information on this content. Just flag problem posts. Don't feed the trolls.

I want to mention once again that we have been specifically encouraged by Customer service to continue to post to the Q&A. We know that the Developer Team does know that this is a subject of concern to many of us. I think it is important to continue to show that in the most unmistakable terms.

Next week's answers come on March 2. That is only two days before the Guild Leader Summit in Austin, in which the community at large has been promised some means to participate. Should we not hear anything next week, I think that ought to be our next focus.

Keep it positive! We will have this content. Keep letting them know we want to know more.

It's to the point of " Why bother? ". They're not going to answer us. That should be readily apparent by now.

The only way this issue is going to be addressed is if Bioware feels the pinch of 10s of thousands of canceled subs. I much as I hate to suggest this, it's the only thing that's going to make a difference.

Pff, Mako. She's like a little sister! My huntress is still pining after Juda. ;P
I was annoyed when I found out Juda wouldn't overtly flirt with my BH the first time I ran into her. She was making some fairly flirty comments to me, about "girls have to stick together", "nice to see more independent women", "hey, GREAT to see you again, hon", etc.

And at one point Mako suggests we all go on vacation together. Me, Mako and Juda. Now that would be fun... :jawa_biggrin:

Ach, I forgot all about Juda! How, I don't know. :D But I remember being surprised that my female BH could be so flirty toward her, then very sad that nothing appeared to be happening with it. *sigh* At the time, I knew SGRs were a pending feature, but I was still hoping.

If I could draw human figures better I'd be sorely tempted to do a picture of the three of them at some resort in bathing suits sipping fruity drinks. My BH would have her blaster within arm's reach, of course... :jawa_wink:

That's awesome. :D

Don't forget Kira! If I have to I will recreate my JK and lvl her all the way back to 50 just so she can officially hook up with Kira instead of it all being my head canon.

Agreed. I hope we don't have to do that sort of thing for SGRs, but if I have to for Kira, I totally will. My JK has had enough going on with Kira's storyline for me to want to see it all again and be able to express her actual orientation. That one line about caring deeply for her padawan? Yeah, there was subtext there, now I just want Kira to have seen it...

Mako though. She's getting SO pounced. :jawa_biggrin:

*raises hand* Seconded.

I know the lack of response is frustrating, I know I was frustrated. Things as they stand are not good enough and we should absolutely make our voices heard. We should absolutely continue asking for more information, for some peace of mind.

But today I feel oddly heartened about the whole thing. I resubbed, even, for another month at least. I haven't really had the desire to play my characters for a while now, but I went online today and remembered how much I like them, how much fun the story is for me, even when an obvious and vital part is missing.

The reason why I even fight is because I do love the game and I want it to be all it can be, for everyone. I want to be here when Corso finally realizes that when he says "Anything you want, Captain" in that voice, he really means it :D

Hear, hear! :) And well said. I was disappointed as well - like I said in an earlier post, today would either result in the maintained status quo or good news. All things considered, though, things could be a ton worse than just "no new news". At least we know the feature will be in the game. At least we got those messages from Customer Service saying this is something the devs are actively working on. So thanks to you, and everyone, for keeping up the good fight and keeping things positive in here.

Something to think about: three threads in, we know the devs are watching this topic, if I remember the CS e-mails right. So it's possible that, thanks to all the discussion we've had here, we've helped show them how we want SGRs implemented, and given them some good ideas of how to go about it. With all that we've said, we may have helped ourselves get exactly what we want.

That is, of course, speculation; obviously I have no way to know what goes on in the depths of BioWare Austin. :D But these threads have been modded and maintained for a reason, and they continue to be so. I'd like to think that, because of us all, when SGRs are implemented, we'll be pleased with the results because we helped create them.

Remember! Post your questions for SGR information on the new Q&A thread, everyone! :jawa_biggrin:

We were ignored again, no surprise.

To be honest, it's a very relevant question. One which many would like an answer. I think Bioware shot themselves in the foot. The told everyone that it would be in, and now it still isn't. I don't know if they're ignoring or avoiding the question or what.

I think maybe they don't have an answer to it yet. They don't want to look like idiots, and thus are maybe trying to cover it with a rug for the time being.

It's very frustrating I know, but what can we do?

Well, I've posted again in the new Q&A thread. Maintaining an obvious presence can't hurt.

I subscribed for six months right out of the gate, but once that's up I'll be seriously considering taking an extended break if we have no more information.

It's to the point of " Why bother? ". They're not going to answer us. That should be readily apparent by now.

There have been cautious indications that they well might. I was very specifically not told that the Dev Team won't, only that the CS team at this time can't, and to keep using the Q&A Thread.

Also, I will again be keeping my tally of our showing in the weekly Q&A. While participation is always highest in the beginning, with the Usual Suspects jumping in early, we are as of 50 posts doing better than we were off the start last week, at 14% as opposed to 11%, and that number fluctuated very little last week, ending up at 9.8%, a decrease of 1.2% over the course of the thread.

It is not a question of will they answer, but of when. At the very least, this will be discussed prior to the actual implementation... whenever that may be.

Please do visit this week's Community Q&A Thread and (once again) ask for an update on same-gender content.

Sorry, but honestly it is pointless. They are NOT going to answer the questions. Even if we come out and get 50% of the thread, they are simply not going to answer the question. I don't know how anyone who wants this content could continue to support this game. The choice BW has made to keep silent isn't even just "being careful devs" anymore, it is simply outright ignoring a particular segment of the community. Not that I expected an answer, after 6 months of ignoring the issue what's another week to BW anyway? :rolleyes:

This isn't really about politics, this is about a feature that we would like to see improved. Personally, I feel like I'm missing out on a large chunk of story, which is to me the most important "pillar" of the game, by not being able to pursue some of the romances in which I'm most interested. This is more important to me than any other improvement that could be made to the game - on a personal level, not a political one.

The only way this issue is going to be addressed is if Bioware feels the pinch of 10s of thousands of canceled subs. I much as I hate to suggest this, it's the only thing that's going to make a difference.

I really believe there is a non-malicious reason for them not to answer us in here or in the Q&A format. I also believe we need to continue to try and use these avenues - as the CS team suggested - to keep the issue visible and alive. It causes us quite some stress, true, and the flak we get is pretty nasty at times, but when many of us speak it sends a message. Not just to the devs, but to the community. We're not that easy to silence.

I also believe that Bioware are not the enemy.

That said, if it's gotten to a point where you really feel you can no longer support the game on promises alone, then I encourage you to let them know exactly why you stopped playing. Be polite but firm, and perhaps if those losses accumulate enough, they will engage us in more than the roundabout CS email way.

It's very frustrating I know, but what can we do?

We can cancel our subs and hit them in the wallet. Which is what I just did after posting my question in the Q & A thread. If they ever post any positive information about getting SGRA's in the game, I will renew my support for this game.

Good luck everyone.

I'm on the verge of doing the same. I hit level 50 with my main and finished his class quest and just really don't have the drive to do anything with alts when a major part of their storyline is basically gonna be unavailable to me.

We can cancel our subs and hit them in the wallet. Which is what I just did after posting my question in the Q & A thread. If they ever post any positive information about getting SGRA's in the game, I will renew my support for this game.

Good luck everyone.

Since they obviously don't listen to feedback, or even pretend to notice feedback, I do think the only thing that would get their attention at this point would be subscription losses with SGRA listed as the main reason for leaving in the exit survey.

I'm on the verge of doing the same. I hit level 50 with my main and finished his class quest and just really don't have the drive to do anything with alts when a major part of their storyline is basically gonna be unavailable to me.

Agreed, I have characters at various levels all just sitting and waiting for this content before I can even continue playing.

Edited by Nozybidaj

Hi there!

We recently removed some posts in this thread. We ask that you please do not go off-topic by bringing real life morality, politics or religion into the discussion.

Due to the volatile nature of this discussion, we ask that this thread remain strictly on topic, which is how same-gender romances should be implemented in the game, not if.

If another user begins to derail the thread, please do not reply and instead report (flag) the post so that our Community Team can remove the post. This will help keep the thread on topic.

Thanks for your understanding.

I really believe there is a non-malicious reason for them not to answer us in here or in the Q&A format. I also believe we need to continue to try and use these avenues - as the CS team suggested - to keep the issue visible and alive. It causes us quite some stress, true, and the flak we get is pretty nasty at times, but when many of us speak it sends a message. Not just to the devs, but to the community. We're not that easy to silence.

I also believe that Bioware are not the enemy.

Again, well said; thank you for posting this. Please remember, everyone, that it's very easy to get discouraged but being negative about this does no good. I'm not asking for the discussion to revolve around nothing but puppies and sunshine, I'm just saying the last thing we need is to bring each other down.

I hit level 50 on my BH last night. She had an excellent story, and tbh, all I have left is "dailies", well my next highest character is 18. Which to me is still restartable, just in case. If it wasn't for the fact I still have 3 weeks sub left, I might consider un-subbing myself. I guess I'll wait and see if we get an answer in the next 3 weeks my sub has left :p

I hit level 50 on my BH last night. She had an excellent story, and tbh, all I have left is "dailies", well my next highest character is 18. Which to me is still restartable, just in case. If it wasn't for the fact I still have 3 weeks sub left, I might consider un-subbing myself. I guess I'll wait and see if we get an answer in the next 3 weeks my sub has left :p

I'd say go ahead and unsub now, fill out your survey when it arrives. If you change your mind later, you can always reactivate, and in the meantime can still continue playing/posting. A well timed flood of these exit surveys is the only thing BW is going to take notice of.

At least most of the questions asked this time weren't just little fluff things. There was a little bit of useful information there. Just not the information I specifically was hoping for. :jawa_frown:

It would be nice to get SOME sort of update on the issue. 6+ months without a peep is kind of pushing things, Bioware.

Does anybody know if you get an exit poll if your game time card runs out, instead of cancelling a recurring credit card billing? If you don't get an exit poll via GTC running out, I might sub via ccard for a month just to get to fill the exit poll. :b

No idea. I would imagine cancelling any active billing would do it.