Speeder

siftyy

Simple question when do you get your speeder and does it cost anything BTW I'm a level 16 sorc

At Level 25 you can train for speeder ability, which costs 40,000 credits. A rank 1 speeder is 8,000 credits, and can purchased from a speeder vendor on the Fleet. There are also speeder vendors on some of the planets, but I don't know which ones for Imperial.

At level 40 you can train for Rank 2 speeder ability, and Rank 3 at level 50. Both the training and the speeders cost more for the higher levels.

Each rank is 10% faster, and gives better protection against being knocked off.

I was a bit shocked myself.

I suppose they offset that by offering a pretty cheap speeder. (weird how its more expensive to learn how to drive than to buy something to use your skills on).

IIRC lvl 40 speeder training is 210K creds - haven't looked at speeder prices...

That one is going to sit on the trainer for awhile - it may never be purchased actually.

I was a bit shocked myself.

I suppose they offset that by offering a pretty cheap speeder. (weird how its more expensive to learn how to drive than to buy something to use your skills on).

IIRC lvl 40 speeder training is 210K creds - haven't looked at speeder prices...

That one is going to sit on the trainer for awhile - it may never be purchased actually.

To buy lvl 50 training you have to by the lvl 40

Rank 2 speeder is 25K to buy. Rank 3 depends on where you buy it, I got one from the Light vendor for 99K, but I've heard of some costing more.

If you hate being knocked off your speeder, it's totally worth it to get Rank 3.

When you reach level 20, you get a tutorial message telling you to save up your credits! :cool:

I usually don't recommend buying any equipment with credits until 25 since you level pretty quickly. You also get quite a bit of equipment from missions ALSO if you do get orange, remember that you can upgrade plates, mods, and enhancement from mod vendors (7,2,2 commendation respectively)

If you are into crafting, that is a big credit drain.

Holy **** 40 k I barely have 9 k!

On my BH at 16, I have just a bit over 10K with only a little spent on crew skills. As I leveled my IA up, I had about the same, maybe a little more by the time I left Dromund Kaas, and by the time I was 25, I had enough for my speeder, training and about 8K left over. So, it's not difficult to get the credits if you're modest in your purchases. You don't have to be overly watchful in your spending, but some care in what you buy is necessary.

Holy **** 40 k I barely have 9 k!

Dont worry about it, you can have next to zero credits when you hit 20th and still earn enough to get the 40k. All my characters craft like crazy until they hit L20 and rarely need more than a few thousand from other alts.

There're speeder vendors on Tatoonine (right next to Mos Ila Taxi terminal) and Aldaraan (right out side the House Thul Palace).

I agree that you probably shouldn't spend a lot of money on equipment before lvl 25. I blow up 14K on an armor which soon got replaced by a better quest reward armor. and crew skill really bleed money fast. I end up playing through entire Tatoonine without speeder (running around the dune sea is so much fun my finger hurts). Buy commendation equipment is better option.

Edited by FluorineSpark

I thought I'd just chime in with the numbers, hope it helps:

Level 25:
Rank 1 Mount Training costs 40,000 credits. The mounts themselves cost 8,000 credits. Total cost (min.) - 48,000 credits.

Level 40:
Rank 2 Mount Training costs 210,000 credits. The mounts themselves vary in price with the least expensive costing 25,000 credits. Total cost (min.) - 235,000 credits.

Level 50:
Rank 3 Mount Training costs 315,000 credits. The mounts themselves vary in price with the least expensive costing 55,000 credits. Total cost (min.) - 370,000 credits.

So you're looking at spending 653,000 credits total for baseline mount and training. Some mounts will cost more than others (such as the Light V/Dark V mounts, Security Key vendor mount, etc.).

I'm sure having this to look at is very intimidating, but if you're smart with your money and don't wantonly buy things you don't really need, complete all quests including bonus missions and each planet's bonus series, train only the skills you actually use, etc., you'll be able to afford the above costs. What will help is if you avoid crafting altogether until hitting end-level - none of the crew skills are mandatory while leveling, so having the ability to choose gathering crew skills and sell everything you collect.

Edit: Some other tips. Don't hesitate to use moddable gear, and select mods as they appear as quest rewards. They'll suffice for leveling purposes and allow you to spend commendations on the more expensive mods (particularly armoring and hilts/barrels). If you can use moddable gear on a companion, that will help as well.

Above, I advocated going with all gathering crew skills to maximize profit. To this end, I'd highly recommend Slicing, Scavenging, and Underworld Trading, as the latter two support multiple crafting crew skills, and Slicing is generally pure profit as well (particularly due to world lockbox nodes).

Edited by Aerithel