A Look At The Old Republic

CourtneyWoods

Cmon guys, this is not constructive. There are threads to discuss issues, and to make suggestions.

How is this helping to put down a video about the good things in the game.

There are good things about the game. Lets not forget that.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure glad BW has the time and resources to make things like this instead of actually fixing the game.

If the same team in charge of creating marketing vids are also in charge of fixing the bugs, they are in trouble.

But of course, we all know that two different departments do these things and one is not done at the expense of the other.

If the same team in charge of creating marketing vids are also in charge of fixing the bugs, they are in trouble.

But of course, we all know that two different departments do these things and one is not done at the expense of the other.

I think he was talking about monetary resources and not human resources. I.e. cut some budget from marketing and put it into hiring more devs to fix the bugs and not put the marketing guys into fixing bugs. GG

Also, this is a Star Wars IP - which by itself makes it a self marketable brand name.

Well it gave some nice snippets of info on the launch of the game. And the giving the community want they want/asks for/wishs is a bit from the truth IMO.

If people buys the game because of 1 video then they are either very susceptible or would have bought it anyway. I dont recall this has been done before by any mmo, so it might just be another tool in the campaign to get more people to play since I have seen tv commericals citing danish game websites on how great a game SWTOR is. So they are just trawling for customers like so many other companies on tv :p

The game is awesome but for "the fastest growing mmo ever" and 2 million purchases the game doesn't feel like it is full of people. My server is standard pop and i see way less people than i'm used to in other mmos, hopefully they can make server transfers available soon

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ has been an incredible hit, becoming the fastest-selling MMO of all time with over a million players starting their own Star Wars™ saga in the first 24 hours! See for yourself what just a few of these players have to say about their experiences with the game in this new video!

Watch Now

Awesome!

Just one thing? Where are the people?

You expect the marketing team to work on fixing game bugs? :rolleyes:

Nah, we expect the people in charge of doing that, to do that. However, it seems they're all on vacation and the community isn't getting any information. (Well, some, but not nearly close to enough.)

Fix your engine! Still have like 20 days playtime but I've already gone back to my old games coz pvp like Ilum especially is efing impossible to play, seriously!

If it wasnt that hard for me to participate in battles on ilum which go beyond WZ sizes there wouldnt be much of a problem but atm YOU really have to work on this first instead of celebrating yourself!

Yes, pve content is fun but not my cup of tea! So if you wanna get your pvp people back FiX fps issues and implement some mechanics for a consistent pvp world which gives the average pvp player some meaning so that it goes beyond winning a single wz or killing some ppl on ilum for nothing...

And dont gimme all that crap!

There's enough on the internets to prove you've failed big time in some aspects of the game, BW!

I've seen vids of you guys telling the audience how great ilum is going to become and how epic its going to be when hundreds of players fighting each other!

So then finally after release it turns out its not even possible to do so coz the fps are soooo low that I feel ill after an hour playing on ilum because of this sick slideshow!

I really wonder, have you fing tested it at all? I seriously wanna know how big companies these days can throw products on the market with major parts of their product arent even working?

As long as you do not do nothing more than giving us ridiculous guides with info which every 10 year old knows no swtor for me sorry....

Edited by MEdiKLEZ

The game is very entertaining except the damn ****** hero engine.

Either you code it so people can actually PVP in Ilum without having 5 fps with high-end computers.

Or you lose subscribers to other MMORPGs.

You say you listen to your customers.

Yeah, we saw that from "Horrid FPS" thread. Instead of addressing the issue, you slapped us in the face and called us "low-end computers" and "5%".

That's completely different from what you're telling people in the video.

You do NOT listen to people with fps issues, instead you blame your customers.

That's what makes a company bad.

Edited by Samvan

Fix your engine! Still have like 20 days playtime but I've already gone back to my old games coz pvp like Ilum especially is efing impossible to play, seriously!

If it wasnt that hard for me to participate in battles on ilum which go beyond WZ sizes there wouldnt be much of a problem but atm YOU really have to work on this first instead of celebrating yourself!

Yes, pve content is fun but not my cup of tea! So if you wanna get your pvp people back FiX fps issues and implement some mechanics for a consistent pvp world which gives the average pvp player some meaning so that it goes beyond winning a single wz or killing some ppl on ilum for nothing...

And dont gimme all that crap!

There's enough on the internets to prove you've failed big time in some aspects of the game, BW!

I've seen vids of you guys telling the audience how great ilum is going to become and how epic its going to be when hundreds of players fighting each other!

So then finally after release it turns out its not even possible to do so coz the fps are soooo low that I feel ill after an hour playing on ilum because of this sick slideshow!

I really wonder, have you fing tested it at all? I seriously wanna know how big companies these days can throw products on the market with major parts of their product arent even working?

As long as you do not do nothing more than giving us ridiculous guides with info which every 10 year knows no swtor for me sorry....

What's even more comical is how SO many members have asked for communication from the development team. We get absolutely nothing but instead we get a marketing video of them patting each other on the back for ripping EA off of 200+ million dollars.

We all know that saying something enough times makes it true, right?

I dunno. People have said a million times how much the game sucks, but, so far, I'm still having fun. Maybe if they keep saying things like "All the worlds are completely limited and tiny with mountains blocking you everywhere" or "There are no wandering monsters" or "No one ever buys or sells anything on the GTN", they will eventually become true. Who knows?

in the video it says play with your friends, but all my friends are empire11!!!!!!

no one to play with on republic, have to spam in general for an hour, no LFD finder!

by LFD finder you mean auto make group tool , as the game has a LFG tool but no one uses it sadly since it will not auto make the group for them :(

but the video is cool a little bit of hype its not all roses and butterflies , but where is it really in life:)

Yeah because it wouldn't make sense to use part of that marketing money to hire more help for coding/bugs/exploits. Pretty sad when this game has major bugs and exploits that other big named MMO's would of had out of the game in a few days. But I guess that's hard to do when your spending all your time and money running a multi million dollar ad campaign all over TV and internet.

At a certain point throwing money and people at bugs does very little. If there are top-notch coders out there who could be up to speed quickly, I'd be all for it but, I don't know that much better is available.

It's also not a case of either or, they have the money for both due to the amount they sold at release. An influx of new players on to underpopulated servers is a needed fix so, in this case, advertising sort of is a bug fix.

Edited by Matte_Black