If SWTOR was a Car it would be?

PjPablo

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Honda Civic.

A cheap car that was reliable. Nothing flashy but a car you could rely on to run for several years.

Thoughts?

Only if you overpaid for the honda. And all you wanted from in the way of reliability is continual disapointment.

It's an 80's Skoda with a Landspeeder body kit.

Edited by TheTurniipKing

A Yugo.

Fun Story: When Yugo was going out of business they were having a 'two for one' deal. Purchase a brand new Yugo and get a second full complete vehicle absolutely free! Before I went off to college I was working as a car washer at a Saturn dealership. The mechanic I worked with was telling me a story of his purchase with his two Yugos.

He went to the dealership when he was younger to get a Yugo. He was studying automotive repairs and is a good mechanic so he figured it would be a good buy. They were having the two for one deal and he purchased a Yugo and his second Yugo was a duplicate of the first. At the time he was married but with no kids so he had his wife drive the second Yugo. As they complete the paperwork they're handed the keys and they depart the dealership.

He was telling us his wife isn't the worlds best manual transmission driver but it was free so why not let her try and drive it home. As they leave the dealership he tells us his wife is struggling REALLY bad trying to get this car moving. It's popping, jerking, accelerating and decelerating very harsh. About two miles down the road he notices behind him that the car is slowly going onto the shoulder of the road.

As he meets her he finds that she did something to the clutch or transmission but the car makes a horrible grinding sound and won't move. Not even two miles down the road and one of the vehicles breaks down. Upset he calls a tow truck guy to take his second Yugo to his house. He gives the tow truck driver his address and says he'll meet the driver there.

The tow truck loads up the Yugo and he departs. The mechanic gets in with his wife and they laugh about it, making jokes about Yugos and brushing it off. As they're driving home they notice the tow truck hauling the other Yugo. His intentions were to pass the tow truck who was driving slow. Unfortunately the Yugo he was driving had enough of his jokes and one of the front tires completely broke off the car. He lost control of the car and it smashed hard into the tow truck carrying his broken Yugo. They spun around and hit into a guard rail.

The tow truck guy gets out with only minor scratches on his truck while the Yugo the mechanic was driving is messed up really bad. He said the tow truck guy would not stop laughing. Just almost in tears laughing at the mechanics predicament. He eventually gets both his broken cars home.

He calls insurance to report what happened and he said he was presented with a new Yugo. He's like 'No way F**k that!'. Eventually they worked out some deal where he could get off of the contract altogether. Said he was lucky. When I asked what happen to the two cars he said he had it towed to the ghetto, left the keys in it and left.

hmmm, it's a well-made American assembled product with parts from around the world. It's got a few added amenities, but isn't highly innovative or sporty like say a Tesla.

So I'd say it's like a newer Ford Mustang. Newish car with a bit of flashiness, but nothing really new. Still fun to drive.

A 1953 Chevrolet Corvette.

There were sports cars that came before it, so it had something to build on.

It had some serious flaws as it was the first version of the Corvette.

It only had a 6 cylinder, so it didn't have the power that later Vets had.

That being said, as more patches come out the year of the car is going to advance. This game is doing fantastic for an MMO that has only been out for 2 months. I have played around a dozen MMOs at launch, and this game, as well as Rift, were the most complete at launch. People seem to forget that WoW didn't have raids on launch. The some people that are complaining now about lack of content because they rushed through the raids that are in the game. The problem is that people are comparing a game that has been out for two months to a game that has been out for 6+ years. This game is already much better than WoW was at its one year mark.

WoW is a 88 Cutlas Supreme. The greatest thing about the 88 was that you could drop a 454 in it and that thing would purr (this is what addons can do for a game, make it purr). It was great in its day, and it can still run, and is still a nice solid car, but it is out dated and wearing down.

Until SWToR has been out for a year, has addons, cross server PvP, and MACROS, than comparing them is a futile effort. They are both in the same category (MMOs), but they are in different classes.