About Patch 1.2

justregularjoe

He doesn't specifically target people who leave WZ's, and as such, I think the problem will become worse after the patch unless there is at least a mild debuff (can't queue for 3-5 mins after). It will be interesting to see how much the AFK kick gets abused, especially against players who aren't afk (IE premades kicking low geared players etc).

Having more medals available (hopefully for healers) will be an incentive for sticking with warzones as without them, DPS tanks would be heavily favored (as they are now). While I can still pull out 6-8 medals a match as a healer, I also have to work much harder to do so. Often times at the sacrifice of higher healing totals.

This patch sounds like it can cause as much trouble as it does fix things. With the upcoming ranked WZ's, I assume new (exclusive to ranked players) gear will follow. This could mean even more disparity between highly ranked and fresh level 50's. Not to mention how said gear might affect open world PvP, which is already in need of a major overhaul.

There are some interesting changes coming with 1.2 to say the least and I hope they can pull it off. Unfortunately, we probably won't see this patch on live servers until early to mid April at best.

Dude, if you play healer, people loves you, does not matter if you have scrub gear or not.

And I doubt people are going to kick others due to their gear.

If so you can just report them as well.

But last but not least, the moment you ding 50 you can afford 3 cent pieaces and 1 champ pieace, and if you dont have a champ bag and 1k/1k wz and merc coms when 50 then why are you doing PVP at all?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He posted about AFK/Leaver penalty, which I will happily take if it lets me avoid being farmed for 15 minutes (aKa any good premade).

I'm just wondering if, if they are adding penalties for leaving, they will also take away the incentive to do so.

No. By adding a leaver penalty, they are incetivising me to only do a WZ in my premade.

Many of the people crying about leavers will soon becoming the very leavers they hate if they want to win more than once every 4 hours.

And they will shift to crying about something else.

No. By adding a leaver penalty, they are incetivising me to only do a WZ in my premade.

Many of the people crying about leavers will soon becoming the very leavers they hate if they want to win more than once every 4 hours.

And they will shift to crying about something else.

Exactly. The cries about premades will reach a crescendo if they implement a penalty.

Short note to all the waaah premades ruin wz whiners.

4 guilded players does not equal a premade. A premade is 4 complimentary templates that do indeed combine to become very powerful when organised.

I rarely if ever see a premade in swtor, the pvp community simply isnt that good yet. I often see 4 mates in the same guild pvping together. They are not difficult for a pug to beat - the only thing they have going for them is easier comms as they are likely on voice chat not text. You can easily set a group like this up yourself, even as a solo player by recruiting in your fleet base the same way people do for instances - it just requires a tiny amount of thought and effort which is why most players avoid it.

So next time you hit quit to leave cos the uber premade on the other side will farm you, try waiting and organising your team and actually competing cos chances are they are almost certainly not a premade and easily beatable.

But I must admit, it's far easier to blame the fact that you suck on others.

Exactly. The cries about premades will reach a crescendo if they implement a penalty.

If they thought pvp was bad under this system, wait until I'm forced to stop pugging from the leaver penalty and I get that vote kick option.

My kicking leg is getting antsy just thinking about it....

Short note to all the waaah premades ruin wz whiners.

4 guilded players does not equal a premade. A premade is 4 complimentary templates that do indeed combine to become very powerful when organised.

I rarely if ever see a premade in swtor, the pvp community simply isnt that good yet. I often see 4 mates in the same guild pvping together. They are not difficult for a pug to beat - the only thing they have going for them is easier comms as they are likely on voice chat not text. You can easily set a group like this up yourself, even as a solo player by recruiting in your fleet base the same way people do for instances - it just requires a tiny amount of thought and effort which is why most players avoid it.

So next time you hit quit to leave cos the uber premade on the other side will farm you, try waiting and organising your team and actually competing cos chances are they are almost certainly not a premade and easily beatable.

Very true. I've played on teams with 4 players from the same guild a lot of times and it doesn't guarantee a win.

The formula group=premade=win just isn't always true.

While a good team gives a definite advantage, a team in and of itself does not guarantee a win.

Edited by Bamajawn

If they thought pvp was bad under this system, wait until I'm forced to stop pugging from the leaver penalty and I get that vote kick option.

My kicking leg is getting antsy just thinking about it....

Yup, not only will they suffer from facing premades every match, queue solo will get them kicked if they aren't properly geared. The tears will form rivers. :)

Well i agree that the kick could be abused by Premades, especially if both premades on the opposite team despises that person, that's why they would kick him.

LOL, I would laugh for a long time if Bioware was dumb enough to let you kick players on the other team.

... waaah ...

Again, perhaps on your server, but not on mine. The better the communication, the greatly better chance the team has to win. This is why I'm advocating having a voice chat system within the WZ to even the field more.

And how would grouping public solos together for one or two matches and typing in Ops group be any different from queuing solo and typing in Ops group? I'm guessing close to no difference, if any.

But I must admit, it's far easier to make blanket statements post half-baked thoughts.

The better the communication, the greatly better chance the team has to win. This is why I'm advocating having a voice chat system within the WZ to even the field more.

Hear, hear. DDO has a great in-game chat system. I can't understand why this game does not. It would add a great deal to PvP and PvE groups.

Warzones are going to turn into ghost towns because of this.

I barely do WZ's other than to finish my daily, now that I'm full BM, and I only do WZ's to gear up my companions, I'll just stick to Ilum to do so as I'm not playing ^ that game. If I want to leave I should be able to leave, I shouldn't have to sit in a losing WZ for 15 minutes, and if BW makes me do so, I just won't queue up.

So queue times get longer for the general populace, and people will still drop if they want to, so all this does is make the line longer.

Humm, I think it's a step in the right direction. They are making it move valuable to stay in WZ's rather than leave them. That in and of itself should cut down on people leaving to maximize character development. I guess you and I are reading it two different ways.

Until we see what the new medals are and how much your performance gets rewarded, I'm staying fairly neutral about it (although slightly pessimistic). If you don't think people will leave 5-0 huttball matches where they are getting farmed you are wrong. At the same time no one wants to join one of those either, regardless of not needing wins to progress (ie dailys).

Dude, if you play healer, people loves you, does not matter if you have scrub gear or not.

And I doubt people are going to kick others due to their gear.

If so you can just report them as well.

But last but not least, the moment you ding 50 you can afford 3 cent pieaces and 1 champ pieace, and if you dont have a champ bag and 1k/1k wz and merc coms when 50 then why are you doing PVP at all?

I doubt any healers will ever get kicked regardless of gear, but I can see where ops kick can be abused. Again, until we get more detailed information, any and all of this is subject for concern. Having played beta for 6 months right up to release I've seen some pretty...inane...changes/fixes on the devs part that really wasn't planned out well.

It's not extremely difficult to get gear right now as a fresh 50. I have 2 fresh 50's with decent gear and little effort (I also have a Battlemaster I don't play anymore). However, this won't be the case in the new system. I don't have a problem with that, but we all know the squeaky wheel seems to get most of the grease (cough op/Scoundrel nerf cough). I see issues with the new system, including those that I like but will be shot down by some forum whiners.

Of course, most of this will be moot if the game continues the way it currently is. My server seems to be getting lighter and lighter every day, with many good guilds seemingly faling apart (mine is pretty much dead).

... If I want to leave I should be able to leave, I shouldn't have to sit in a losing WZ for 15 minutes, and if BW makes me do so, I just won't queue up.

So queue times get longer for the general populace, and people will still drop if they want to, so all this does is make the line longer.

I would rather que solo and have a few good WZ matches (with people who are likely determined to stick with the match - win or lose) than queue solo and lose most matches because of people who continuously drop out. If you want to leave a losing match, then you can leave, but you will be punished for abandoning the rest of your team. If you only want to queue winning matches, then you really shouldn't queue up at all.

Until we see what the new medals are and how much your performance gets rewarded, I'm staying fairly neutral about it (although slightly pessimistic). If you don't think people will leave 5-0 huttball matches where they are getting farmed you are wrong. At the same time no one wants to join one of those either, regardless of not needing wins to progress (ie dailys).

Notice I did say "cut down", not eliminate. So I don't know how you got it in your mind that I am claiming people will still not leave. -shrugs-

I too am waiting to see what they are going to implement before I make a judgment on the issue, however, from what I have read, I am hopeful as they seem to not be taking the punishment route. They are changing the reward system to make leaving less beneficial.

Just want to post my comment here, all you babies crying about pre-mades. I win against pre-mades all the time, if you are a skilled player and have other skilled players on your team winning against a pre-made isn't a problem its your skill level that is the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEARN HOW TO PLAY YOU CLASS BETTER THEN YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY WIN.....

...THE PROBLEM IS YOUR SKILL NOT THE PRE-MADE....

Just want to post my comment here, all you babies crying about pre-mades. I win against pre-mades all the time, if you are a skilled player and have other skilled players on your team winning against a pre-made isn't a problem its your skill level that is the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEARN HOW TO PLAY YOU CLASS BETTER THEN YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY WIN.....

...THE PROBLEM IS YOUR SKILL NOT THE PRE-MADE....

So you're saying that IF you play well, and IF your teammates also play well and in conjunction with you, THEN you can beat a pre-made. I would agree that IF those two conditions are met, then you should have an EVEN chance of winning. However, these IFs do not happen most of the time, majorly because of a lack of communication. Better communication would help lead to a more even playing field.

You don't need to post insults to make a point.

This is the full question and answer:

Gladoss, titdiscus, Leoran: What do you plan to against Warzones’ AFK, more particularly about players who leave Warzones ? Will there be sanctions for this type of behavior?

Gabe Amatangelo: It is not sanctioned behavior. In Game Update 1.2 we will be making changes to the Warzone rewards system, which will de-incentivize this type of behavior. This will include the removal of the interim bag/quest system, the introduction of the direct purchase of gear from Warzone and Ranked Warzone commendations, 14 new objective-based medals and participation scaling the rewards. Additionally, players will have the option to vote kick idlers. Kicked players will not be able to re-queue for several minutes.

So he is talking about the AFKers and learvers from the WZs. So from what he is saying those that AFK or leave WZs will receive some sort of punishment for doing so. As to what it is and how strict it will be, well we will see and have a better idea when it hits the PTS.

Plus since you admit to being one of the leavers (cant really believe you admitted to it) then you are one of those that has caused problems for others.

Well since he laso says Gear will be purchased directly with Warzone and Rated Warzone commendations which you don't get if you leave a Warzone that will in and of itself stop the leaving from Warzones, may create more medal farming or hunting issues but will stop the leaving warzone, and being able to kick idlers should help with afkers..

hopefully

Also most pre-mades will be doing rated Warzones, this is a guess but I would assume rated warzones will have slightly better gear, and your pre-mades will be moving into that leaving solo queue for non-rated warzones.

At a guess most rated warzones will prolly be pre-made, maybe even require pre-made. I jsut hope it allows 8 man pre-mades

If they are removing the daily/weekly reward from WZ's watch the population drop to next to nothing :)

I'll quit a game each and every time I have no chance at winning against a premade, simple as that, as there is nothing worth sticking around for..

lol that wont happen, 1 persons assumptions don't = truth...

And by all means quit, if all you log to do is try to win and know you wont 5 seconds into a match dont really need ya then...

Ahh, change the focus of the arguement. A good tactic, but an obvious one.

The issue here is not personal improvement - I face good players in PUGs that challenge me too. But that is not an impossible battle, that is a challenging one.

I can't take down a healer, tank, and 2 troopers/merc myself. There is no room for improvement. I can CC them all (which my bad team will break), and focus the healer, and if they are good they will immediately target me and proceed to pwn me.

So, your argument is flawed because 1 good person can not beat a 4 man premade that knows what it is doing. I like being challenged and playing against people better than me, but not in a Lose-Lose scenario. It is obvious that you use this arguement to defend your behavior farming pugs with premades.

"Well we are helping them get better because we are challenging them "

No, you are demoralizing them, and the ones that are good will not stand to be farmed and move to a different game where it is fair.

You are confusing premades with jerks, my premade WILL NOT farm people, it's better to win and move on to more valor. On the contrary, I have played versus many pugs when I'm solo that WILL farm us the entire time in huttball. Premades are not everyones issue, people who feel good about demoralizing another person are, and good luck fixing that in an MMO :D

Edited by sahrinity

You are confusing premades with jerks, my premade WILL NOT farm people, it's better to win and move on to more valor. On the contrary, I have played versus many pugs when I'm solo that WILL farm us the entire time in huttball. Premades are not everyones issue, people who feel good about demoralizing another person are.

So through the sort of broken Engrish at the end there, I take it to mean you've seen many pugs that will delay a win to farm people, but not many premades?

That's all the reason more to give people the ability to form an entire ops raid instead of a 4 man. I don't care about farming some guy with all greens. I care about winning.

He posted about AFK/Leaver penalty, which I will happily take if it lets me avoid being farmed for 15 minutes (aKa any good premade).

I'm just wondering if, if they are adding penalties for leaving, they will also take away the incentive to do so.

So you would rather rot in the fleet for 15 min then play vs 4 man pre made... Ever think of making a group, or are you so bad no one wants to PvP w/ you

THey should change the daily to no 3/3 wins but on other things like, 750 warzone comms and then like 3000 for the weekly, something that can be granted in a loss or a win and because the comms are performance based, people will want to try harder and stay in matches even if its a loss.

And winning just adds icing to the cake and give you more "reward"

THey should change the daily to no 3/3 wins but on other things like, 750 warzone comms and then like 3000 for the weekly, something that can be granted in a loss or a win and because the comms are performance based, people will want to try harder and stay in matches even if its a loss.

And winning just adds icing to the cake and give you more "reward"

Wow, I can't believe that hadn't crossed my mind before. I really like the idea! The downside is it encourages you to go for medals rather than meet objectives. I guess it's a trade-off that BW may not smile upon. Also, I know Ilum is broken, but isn't Ilum somewhat set up that way, where you mainly just go for kills?