Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Open World PvP is ALIVE!!!!!!

Allmightyprom

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emphasis on should.

And this is why we say World PvP is dead.

/thread

I...urm dont think people are reading this thread. I allready said a whole bunch of lvl 50 sith came to attack us. But as we were allready entrenched inside their base, they couldnt muster enough to dislodge us. They would have have needed probably more than the 30 guys that turned up to beat us back from both points.

And then the handful of real pvpers want actual pvp content that doesn't suck, instead of stale instanced pvp, and stories of peoples' massive E-peens as they club and violate players who have no way to shore up any defense.

But, of course, the people who actually find this sort of behavior acceptable tend to also be the sort of people who believe that harassing others is acceptable and should be encouraged.

Amen bro.

Or the people who support this sucks against equally geared PVPers and must storke there E-peens to feel special somehow.

I...urm dont think people are reading this thread. I allready said a whole bunch of lvl 50 sith came to attack us. But as we were allready entrenched inside their base, they couldnt muster enough to dislodge us. They would have have needed probably more than the 30 guys that turned up to beat us back from both points.

Oh yeah. You defeated them as they just zoned in.

Well done. :rolleyes:

Edit: Bet ya half of them weren't past the loading screen yet.

Edited by Celwinn

We're seeing an increase in Open World PvP on many servers lately.

That's not too surprising as free form, ad hoc open world pvp tends to attract players who have achieved their immediate endgame goals (e.g. achieving Battlemaster).

Im assuming with this statement, you checked that it isn't just tied in with what seems to be the fact, that you can only get blademaster bags atm, through dailies/weeklies?

Assuming by world pvp you mean Ilum ofcause.

Edited by Barzarel

Oh yeah. You defeated them as they just zoned in.

Well done. :rolleyes:

Edit: Bet ya half of them weren't past the loading screen yet.

Ahaha, yet again another person that doesnt read the posts before.

The loading of hoth and most planets is done when you exit your spaceship and load into the orbital space staton. The loading screen from the orbital station down to hoth itself is miniscule. If they had wanted to, they could have formed a large group and stood at the portal from the station down to hoth and all loaded in at the same time. Probably would have cashed the game for most of our people because ToR cannot handle multiple people loading in on your screen well.

Its not our fault they all came down singly to get picked off one by one. The same 20 lvl 50 sith were there for hours, and didnt make a concerted joined up effort to group or rez at the same time.

You spawn alone...you die alone. Simple as that my friend.

And then the handful of real pvpers want actual pvp content that doesn't suck, instead of stale instanced pvp, and stories of peoples' massive E-peens as they club and violate players who have no way to shore up any defense.

Aside from a few minor things, real PvPers have everything they need in this game. The few things I think are missing:

-Combat Log

-Death Penalty (Give up some Valor for losing a fight, or something)

-Ladder/Leaderboards (I believe this is coming in 1.2, but not sure)

While I don't think it is necessary, it would be nice to get some Valor for OPvP kills. +20 per kill would be nice. Just a little something for the effort. Why? Because right now Ilum is perceived as the only place for OPvP because you get Valor for killing opponents there. Spread the Valor out and you legitimize the OPvP on other planets while spreading out the fights.

This is where not having a server forum damages the game, it would be great to post this thread on the actual server page where the battle took place, it encourages more of it to happen.

Yes. The lack of Server Forums has really been a detriment to the PvP communities in this game. Having Server Threads (lawl) as a temporary fix, has helped a bit, but is nowhere near the same thing.

Well that's cool and all but what did u get as a reward? Any valor? No. Amy coms? No. World pvp will always be dead until they allow valor/comms to be earned no matter where you are so long the guy u kill us worth valor ie: around ur lvl.

Well that's cool and all but what did u get as a reward? Any valor? No. Amy coms? No. World pvp will always be dead until they allow valor/comms to be earned no matter where you are so long the guy u kill us worth valor ie: around ur lvl.

What we get is fun and non scripted/queued pvp. in the words of Charlie Sheen..."WINNING"

What we get is fun and non scripted/queued pvp. in the words of Charlie Sheen..."WINNING"

Dont get me wrong I think its great you took over the imp base on hoth and I play imp. Its just that im kinda sadened to find that you are restricted to earning valor/comms to certain areas especially on a PVP server.

Who ever thought that up needs to be fired imo.

Dont get me wrong I think its great you took over the imp base on hoth and I play imp. Its just that im kinda sadened to find that you are restricted to earning valor/comms to certain areas especially on a PVP server.

Who ever thought that up needs to be fired imo.

Yeh while having a physical reward would indeed be nice, its not totally required. I guess it would encourage a lot more events like this though.

To bring everyone up to date on this thread:

1. OP: After getting rammed in the bungholio for months, we finally camped a low level world and got our revenge by killing a bunch of low level Imperials. It's their fault they weren't willing to get out of WZs to move us off their territory. Therefore, victory by default!

2. Everyone else: You are pretty lame dude.

3. OP: Nuh UHHHH! Stop it! /cry /moan /nub /lulz

/repeat 2 & 3 ad nauseum

/thread

To bring everyone up to date on this thread:

1. OP: After getting rammed in the bungholio for months, we finally camped a low level world and got our revenge by killing a bunch of low level Imperials. It's their fault they weren't willing to get out of WZs to move us off their territory. Therefore, victory by default!

2. Everyone else: You are pretty lame dude.

3. OP: Nuh UHHHH! Stop it! /cry /moan /nub /lulz

/repeat 2 & 3 ad nauseum

/thread

Oh its you again. hehe. You are funny :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.