I like the way they wait until March(LEGACY?)

Sakushi

My god, you've uncovered the SECRET to their BLACK HEARTS - they want people to subscribe to the game!

I don't think it's wrong to want subscibers, but taking subvertive moves to try and "force' people to resub is some ***** **** really.

When the Unsubscribe button disappeared in the beginning of launch that was kind of wierd. To have something, that specifically deals with not playing the game suddenly not work. LoL.. Worst part it was the ONLY thing reported missing.. The *********** cancle button so you dont get charged again..

Underhanded by Bioware for sure.. I refuse to blame that on just "coincidence". Then they go and release the DLC on PSN before their game is even out.. WoW. I mean its nice to have stuff on the shelf for your game, yea thats to be expected, but to have your pricing already and up before your game even releases just says you are some money grubbing hoes for real.. (Working as intended)

Now they're pushing EVERYTHING EVERYONE could possibly want to fix this game into patch 1.2 and beyond. That's fine, work on your 1.2 Jesus Patch, Please get it right, cause you guys are making MMO's in 2012 look like a joke. Bioware you know you're droppin passes right now, it's not 4th down and 10.. But yo.. Make a *********** play... catch the damn ball..

1.2 is going to be a big mark for this game. I don't think anyone can dispute that; it is a make or break moment in this game. It's not some armegeddon **** where Star Wars will disappear forever never to return to an MMO space, but it will be the last time something like this is actually attempted for while.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you another example. Blizzard suckered millions in to buy the year sub plan on the premise that MoP would be out someitme in that time frame. So has MoP been announced yet? Also, they included another dangling carrot...D3, which has been delayed (again) and with no concrete release date. Coincidence? Nope, its called creative marketing.

Blizzard never expressed that MoP would be out in a yearly timeframe. They only said that if you purchase a year, you'll get a game and guaranteed beta access. That beta access could be 3 years from now. Diablo release dates have a history of being delayed, and probably won't happen until Christmas 2012. Guess what, you don't have to resub another year to keep that deal.

If you thought it was anything different than that, you can only blame yourself for inferring information that wasn't there.

That being said... yes, companies to plan big promotional things around subscriptions or cancellation. They want your money. If you ran a business, you'd want money too. To think it's a conspiracy or anything but making money, you're just silly.

And really, sometimes things just aren't ready at launch. They can't win. If they released the full system they had, but it wasn't perfect, people would have complained. They delayed the release to beef it up, and people complain. You either enjoy the game and you'll continue to sub until you do, regardless of the features coming. Or, you don't enjoy the game and you'll quit subbing, regardless of the features coming.

Edited by KittyPrawn

I think they waited until March to Implement the 'Legacy' System to entice players to Subscribe again.

Why March?

Well lets see...

Christmas has just gone, the game was launched right before December 20th

(at this point Most players would have bought 60-day gametime cards as The CCard Billing System is so Awful)

So....

• 1 Standard Star wars: The Old Republic game WITH a Free 30days
  • 60-day gametime card = 90days

This would Last you until March 20th More or Less.

I hear they are releasing the 'Legacy' system at this time(March).

Do you think that this is CLEVER marketing Strategy? or Selfish?

I mean 30 Days AFTER Launch (when CCards are cancelled before they are billed) they make a big thing about how Special the 'FOUNDER' Title is.

right Now its February 19th, I wouldnt expect them to implement new patches or Mention anything new about the game. Why Would They?

But When March 20th Comes (the Month where most of the 60-Day GT subs run out).

I guarantee you guys that, This is when they'll Start Paying a lot more attention to the sales. They will Want to Keep gamers Enticed.

I wouldnt be Suprised if March 20th is the day that the Legacy System would Finally be implemented.

Please Don't Say the Generic cliche... "Oh Other MMO's do that all the time.. its Normal".

Other MMO's didn't make this so Blatantly obvious to see what they are doing.

Translation: Bioware takes measures to encourage subscriptions/re-subscriptions........news at eleven.

I'm one of the unsubs with that 90 day playtime. It runs out on the 21st and I won't be back for awhile even with the Legacy addition. I'll likely spend the first few days pouring over these forums trying to see if anything actually changed.

My prediction is that we'll get a buggy new WZ that we still won't be able to play because queues on a lot of servers for level 50 players takes hours. Not to mention, on the servers that do get queues, you'll all be playing Huttball and whatever this new one is, fighting against your own side 90% of the time.

The Legacy system will give us emotes, vanity pets, and other useless garbage that nobody cares about.

Meanwhile, UI customization will still be far less impressive than it should be.

We still won't be able to abandoned 2-3 quests from every planet.

Ilum will still pop 5 quests into your log that serve absolutely no purpose.

PvP will remain lousy, with too many stuns and knockbacks while the cooldown for everybodies single escape still takes too long by comparison.

You'll still be unable to cap objective points if you're dotted, so every gunslinger can just rotate airstrike making those points untouchable for 20 seconds even if there's nobody there defending.

Space combat will still be absolutely pointless.

Guild banks will allow guilds to store items for the remaining 25% of guildies that are even still playing.

The hardcore base, will be almost entirely gone as the end game content is far too easy, even on Nightmare, and their progression has either ceased outright or just simply ceased to interest them. With their departure, interest in this game to anyone but the super casual will continue to dwindle.

We still won't be able to turn off camera snap.

Adding playable races/class combos will not entice many people at all to level another alt. Anyone seriously playing this game already has at least one 50 and several alts already going. It's not hard to level, it's just that half of your time spent doing so is while running through a spaceport till you can mount up, riding past pointless mobs over long stretches of dead space that's entirely devoid of other pc's, or staring at 5+ minute long loading screens constantly.

We still won't have hi-res textures. The game will still hiccup everytime you open your inventory. Jumping will still slow you down.

I could go on...There's just too much for them to fix. 1.2 will NOT be the miracle cure we are all hoping for.

By March there will already be two huge titles hitting the market, Mass Effect 3 and Diablo 3. You think a few of the servers are low now, wait til these two much awaited games are released.

Also, no Diablo 3 for March. The earliest date that I've seen rumoured is April 19th. But I wouldn't put much stock in that either. But you're right. Come D3, SWTOR is going to slow to a crawl.

Also, no Diablo 3 for March. The earliest date that I've seen rumoured is April 19th. But I wouldn't put much stock in that either. But you're right. Come D3, SWTOR is going to slow to a crawl.

D3 sales is gonna hit the roof. You know it's gonna be skyrocketing when even Blizzard is afraid of their own game and its impact on WOW subs as they offered D3 for free if WOW subbers committed to a year, :D

I'm one of the unsubs with that 90 day playtime. It runs out on the 21st and I won't be back for awhile even with the Legacy addition. I'll likely spend the first few days pouring over these forums trying to see if anything actually changed.

My prediction is that we'll get a buggy new WZ that we still won't be able to play because queues on a lot of servers for level 50 players takes hours. Not to mention, on the servers that do get queues, you'll all be playing Huttball and whatever this new one is, fighting against your own side 90% of the time.

The Legacy system will give us emotes, vanity pets, and other useless garbage that nobody cares about.

Meanwhile, UI customization will still be far less impressive than it should be.

PvP will remain lousy, with too many stuns and knockbacks while the cooldown for everybodies single escape still takes too long by comparison.

You'll still be unable to cap objective points if you're dotted, so every gunslinger can just rotate airstrike making those points untouchable for 20 seconds even if there's nobody there defending.

Guild banks will allow guilds to store items for the remaining 25% of guildies that are even still playing.

The hardcore base, will be almost entirely gone as the end game content is far too easy, even on Nightmare, and their progression has either ceased outright or just simply ceased to interest them. With their departure, interest in this game to anyone but the super casual will continue to dwindle.

Adding playable races/class combos will not entice many people at all to level another alt. Anyone seriously playing this game already has at least one 50 and several alts already going. It's not hard to level, it's just that half of your time spent doing so is while running through a spaceport till you can mount up, riding past pointless mobs over long stretches of dead space that's entirely devoid of other pc's, or staring at 5+ minute long loading screens constantly.

We still won't have hi-res textures. The game will still hiccup everytime you open your inventory. Jumping will still slow you down.

I could go on...There's just too much for them to fix. 1.2 will NOT be the miracle cure we are all hoping for.

I can't agree more on what you have put down. Another unsub. I kinda want to know how much people unsubbed from the day of release. Or rather how many unsubbed vs. people subbed.

I can't agree more on what you have put down. Another unsub. I kinda want to know how much people unsubbed from the day of release. Or rather how many unsubbed vs. people subbed.

Unbsubbers who leaves forums - entitled to their opinion have a great life!

Unsubbers who stays at forums - You're hopeful for the game to turn to the better yet you do the only thing that could really make that "not" happen. So stupid.

so here is the big conspiracy BW and EA are purposely doing things to make money?

so a company is to be burnt at the stake for trying to make money? i not sure if i have this right but i think commerce works something likes this, you make money and you survive you don't and you die. if BW and EA didn't make money off SWTOR, there would be no SWTOR,

so have the ppl at the marketing department worked out the best time to launch a new feature,,,,, yes more than likely

A rather cynical take on the state of things, but an important perspective for sure. Well-stated.

They also sent people emails with a picture of their highest level chars best companion ( in my case Mako ) saying something along the lines of

"Resub and continue your adventures with Mako, she misses you... "

I mean really???? Do you think we're all 12 and still have little stuffed bears??

I truly think the largest issue with TOR is that the developers are totally out of touch with their audience. I secretly blame timid/family-oriented LucasArts for this. Truthfully, I'm a little suprised that they didn't make Gungans and Ewoks playable classes. Woulda fit better with the games sexually confused droid companions. Maybe it's just me.