REMOVE auto facing from PvP!

carbocat

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA...

PVE=pushing buttons on an order and timing against a stupid computer

pvp= moving around and pushing buttons that best serve the current situtation against somewhat intelligent opponents....

man ur funny... pve is for the people who cant win in pvp

I hate to tell you this, but the PvP in this game isn't skill-based in the slightest. It's terribly easy. You may want to wait for another game to chest-beat to.

Whether or not that requires a great amount of skill it still requires you to move your character, the game doesn't do it for you, so there's still some skill involved (however slight it may be). Can't say the same for auto-facing now can you?

Look you can make them crazy if you get them next to a piller and run in circles around the piller or box as the camera will keep changing view and even autofacing when hit with a Distract and LOS will give melee a edge.

If I have no piller it is just really hard to get behind a caster. Back Blast is useless for this reason in PVP.

Circle strafers, find another game. In the meantime, I laugh at you as you try to run circles around others and end up dead.

Guess you will have to use skill instead of exploiting a game mechanic. Oops, maybe that is the problem

MFW you call circle strafing an exploit. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Isn't that something you would classify as "skill"? Or is skill to you just memorizing a "rotation" of skills and never deviating?

you can turn while casting

Look I am a melee with casting also.

My casting already sucks enough so this would just ruin the other half of my damage.

Only a pure melee would suggest or want this advantage.

Melee are fine but many lack any way to get to the target.

Also giving a long distance slow to casters is just stupid. It should be 10 meters only.

The whole point of a slow is to kill the target or to get away but caster only use it to kill.

So making it have a long distance is the problem, not the autofacing.

Edited by Metalmac

Or if he is distracted.

Or moving.

Or CCd.

Or doesn't have you targeted (which could be because you are about to start the fight or could be because he quickly changed to CC / heal / whatever another target).

Did you ever stop to think that the game wasn't designed for you to kill someone purely with positionals? That's why you have other attacks too.

The fact is that auto-face makes positionals very unreliable. You try it, if they are casting an auto-face move, your spell fails. If you catch them in between 2 casts, it works. Do you really want that kind of BS in your PVP?

I enjoy fighting other melee opponents. I try to get behind them, they try to keep their back away from me. We are both trying to keep maximum efficiency by always facing the other, while attempting to break LOS to protect ourselves. If I have trouble landing a positional, I know its because he is the better player, not because the game is moving his character with 100% accuracy for him.

Against ranged? Positionals are just not worth it in a 1v1 fight. As an assassin, my backstab deals only slightly more damage than my other attacks. Not worth the trouble, sadly, considering that it has a 50/50 chance to work based on LUCK. Autoskill FTW.

Just remove auto-face and give everyone a 360 degree casting radius. This way no-skill people can still do decent, but it will remove randomness from pvp.

The fact is that auto-face makes positionals very unreliable. You try it, if they are casting an auto-face move, your spell fails. If you catch them in between 2 casts, it works. Do you really want that kind of BS in your PVP?

I enjoy fighting other melee opponents. I try to get behind them, they try to keep their back away from me. We are both trying to keep maximum efficiency by always facing the other, while attempting to break LOS to protect ourselves. If I have trouble landing a positional, I know its because he is the better player, not because the game is moving his character with 100% accuracy for him.

Against ranged? Positionals are just not worth it in a 1v1 fight. As an assassin, my backstab deals only slightly more damage than my other attacks. Not worth the trouble, sadly, considering that it has a 50/50 chance to work based on LUCK. Autoskill FTW.

Just remove auto-face and give everyone a 360 degree casting radius. This way no-skill people can still do decent, but it will remove randomness from pvp.

No thank you as I am a Scrapper that is melee and caster again I say no thanks. Go back to WoW.

This thread is pointless.

Auto-facing is so that the game doesn't amount to sith assassins in force speed running in circles around you and making it impossible to aim at them(IF you're stupid), which is a pretty respectable goal, at least to me. It's also so that ranged can channel their powerful channels and not have their cast broken by the melee RUNNING THROUGH THEM.

Seriously. Play a trooper for twelve seconds and get up close to one of those less-intelligent SW who just runs up and through and around you and then cast full auto or grav round. Then you'll understand better why it's needed than by reading my post. Assuming you can read.

In wow rogues and druids can sprint all around you while doing damage and it hasn't been a cause of much QQ to speak of so your point is moot. There's absolutely no reason to have auto-facing when other games in the same genre do not have it and they work just fine as is. Why is it that people playing those other games can do just fine without it?

Edited by byteresistor

The class designers for Merc and Sniper and Repub equivalents probably couldn't get their Rhok'delars, and probably were 1200 rated in WoW playing Huntards, and got kicked out of raids because they couldn't kite anything at all. That's probably why almost all classes aren't designed to kite, because it's not extremely difficult to do, but it does require some effort. In all the rounds of PvP, I have only ever been kited by one person-a 31 Balance Sage.

I'm fairly certain most of the playerbase doesn't even know what kiting means.

agree!! remove auto facing from pvp, trying to backstab a tracer missile spammer who just spins around with you is just plain dumb..

As an arsenal spec player (who has no choice but to use tracer missiles liberally), speaking personally I do most of my turning with the mouse. Autoface only rescues me from the occasional moments where I'm not *quite* on target, or when the other player does some fancy figure-eight running through me.

Rather than loldisrupting my cast, because I started casting in the right place autoface means that it follows through. Not the end of the world, given how utterly useless arsenal spec is against any halfway competent melee player.

Trying to get behind me for a backstab? Well, I'm sure you'll succeed from time to time, but I don't rely on auto-face to prevent it. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So I don't mind if autoface is removed. However, if that's going to lead to people running through me so that I have to spin round like a lunatic to prevent a disrupt by someone running back and forth through me both for start of cast and end of cast, then arsenal is going to need something slightly more useful in melee range. We're already easy prey for melee - there's no need to stick us on faceroll status. :cool:

Edited by Kanthric