Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where di you get 1.7 million? If you think for a second there are 1.7m subscriptions you are deluded to say the least.

Go buy a reality check.

this person is blindly defending the game's flaws on all its criticized threads. Don't bother.

Why can't you just accept when someone tells you the figures on their server? I mean really, multiple people have given their server figures, but you still won't accept them.

What exactly do you need? It be beaten into you with baseball bat?

Yes, someone gave me their numbers last night. I logged onto that server and was over 100 people on fleet alone (he had said like 30).

I'm sorry if I trust my own eyes over what others say.

And I provided screenshots.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=300191

Of course it is because you say so.

/shrug

=-=-=-=

Ok, since you won't take anyone's word on it...

- Go make a character on Krayiss Obelisk.

- Use the /who feature, and check the planet populations

- come back, and report your findings

Maybe then you'll stop with the pro-propaganda.

Yes, someone gave me their numbers last night. I logged onto that server and was over 100 people on fleet alone (he had said like 30).

Even your screenshots show that it was not as good as it was before. 3 very heavy servers and about 10 heavy servers and about 15 light servers (If i remember from before) during prime time on a sat night. YOu do know in Dec those were 5-10 full 20 very heavy 50 heavy with some standards and maybe 2 lights.

Did you happen to take a SS of that server with 100 people on the fleet that he said only had 30? I would have thought you would just help prove him wrong. Did you forget to take one :(.

Everything shows the population dropping and some post (dont remember what one) said that Bioware/EA dropped their expected earning because of SWTOR, this from someone at the company and not just some review site.

What happened to your two friends? :eek: and what about me :D

Edited by Emeda

Your link points to post made 14th Feb. That does not equal last night. Also, your links point to an empty photo bucket.

Now, take your apparent 100, and add another 100 for the non-fleet. Multiply that by the number of servers. I am guessing 200 servers..

So, 100+100 = 200 per server.

Let's double that for other faction.

200 x 2 = 400 per server.

Now multiply that by the number of servers.

400 x 200 = 80,000

So, given your claim of 1.7 million subscribers, there were 80,000 players playing.

17,000 is 1% of your claimed subscriptions, means, on a saturday night, a weekend, there was on average, 5% of the subscription base playing.

You can pretend to post all the screenshots you like. But, nothing you can do, will sway the average numbers. So your entire post count of silly one line posts is completely meaningless.

Even, if we double that figure to 10% it is a failure for a game less than 2 months after launch.

Do you want to discuss further?

It is pretty bad on my light pop server. Down to 10-20 in fleet at peak time with ~30 at times on Saturdays(also on fleet). Even the starting planets are emptying out. It is practically impossible to group for FP HM and even hard if you are doing daily heroics.

I manage with the dailies because I have a few friends and we happen to come on at the same time. But is has been 2+ weeks since I did my HM FP. Even the 1 group doing end game content is failing to finish because they lack the right people to kill the final bosses.

Some friends are making alts but others have dropped out of sight completely. I think it is time for server transfers. This is the simplest solution(no game mechanics to tweak) and will give people a choice. Even a ONE time server transfer / toon would be very welcome. Even one toon one time tranfer would work.

Please help your fans Bioware. I still like this game but need people to play with.

ok my thread asking about this just got closed, and moved (?) maybe to here.

1000 posts n and no reply?

*** kind of service is this?

I'm needing a reply as I'll be letting my cash do the talking soon by unsubbing, and added to that stopping swtor getting any more subs from any of my friends, and possibly others reading non-official forums.

So - whats going on with transfers? I know it is possible, you have given them to aus players wanting to switch servers.

What about the poor schmucks liek me who've wasted feck knows how long levelling up only to realise that their server is dead, with no vestiges of MMO about it at all?

Oh here is my actual thread.

Hi.

I have a level 50, and 2 high 20s and they are STUCK on a dead server.

I rerolled and now have a 49 on a decent pop server - but I've lost all my legacy level gained on my other toons due to being told on character creation to roll on a lower pop server.

What is going to happen to my 'dead' toons on the dead server? Why has nothing been addressed regarding server transfers?

How come they allowed antipodean customers a free server migration, but cannot give it to people who are wanting to get redundant toons, representing a considerable amount of invested time, to a decent pop server?

What is the likelihood of this being addressed in the near future?

And, what will happen to the legacy levels IF they give server moves out?

Here's an idea Mods - rather than just deleting threads like this - MOVE them instead to this forum - then after the thread passes 50k posts you may get a clue about how to help stop your employers sacking you after 500k players unsub in disgust at population (or lack thereof) in a supposed Massively Multiplayer game

Any one else noticed that the servers were all full during peak times the other week and now all the full ones are now only heavy or very heavy. Lots are just standard now and you log on to them to see what the populations are like and you'll get like 20 people in a zone compared to around 80 in the very heavy ones.

Bioware needs to start merging servers before they make the mistake every other developer has done with mmorpgs ever since WoW. If you're part of an unpopulated server you're more likely to quit because you cannot find the people to play with.

It's not a doomsday thread but Bioware need to get on top of the population decline before the servers get too underpopulated and people quit.

My server is dead now, been dead for a month.

My server is dead now, been dead for a month.

Ya join the rest of us. I play on 4 servers. At launch they were all pretty packed. Now 3 out of 4 of them are absolute ghost towns. And the one that is not a ghost town has about 50% less players then at launch.

This game without any doubts took a serious turn for the worst in the past 30 days.

Any one else noticed that the servers were all full during peak times the other week and now all the full ones are now only heavy or very heavy. Lots are just standard now and you log on to them to see what the populations are like and you'll get like 20 people in a zone compared to around 80 in the very heavy ones.

Bioware needs to start merging servers before they make the mistake every other developer has done with mmorpgs ever since WoW. If you're part of an unpopulated server you're more likely to quit because you cannot find the people to play with.

It's not a doomsday thread but Bioware need to get on top of the population decline before the servers get too underpopulated and people quit.

Perhaps a testament that leveling in this game is easy and fast. If BW slowed exp acquisition (even slightly), it would keep players chasing the proverbial carrot on a stick longer- providing more time for new content to be developed equating to better account retention.

Edited by Gonewild

Perhaps a testament that leveling in this game is easy and fast. If BW slowed exp acquisition (even slightly), it would keep players chasing the proverbial carrot on a stick longer- providing more time for new content to be developed equating to better account retention.

This, 100%.

While this game was released with flawed, buggy endgame content, ranging from pvp to pve, they made it far too easy to get there. Additonally, you can fully gear out your character at L50 in just a 2-3 unlucky weeks. I am not speaking for Rakata gear, however who cares, as it is barely any better than Columi.

It's not that simple. If you cut xp gain from quests by 50% you don't double the time to 50. You increase the leveling time by much more than 50% because you run out of content. So that either forces players to grind mobs, PvP for exp, or, the more likely scenario, quit because they ran out of content and can't progress.

The only solution to increasing the time to hit lvl 50 is to add more content. If they're doing that they can just as easily increase the level cap and add it to the back end as opposed to the middle.

It's not that simple. If you cut xp gain from quests by 50% you don't double the time to 50. You increase the leveling time by much more than 50% because you run out of content. So that either forces players to grind mobs, PvP for exp, or, the more likely scenario, quit because they ran out of content and can't progress.

The only solution to increasing the time to hit lvl 50 is to add more content. If they're doing that they can just as easily increase the level cap and add it to the back end as opposed to the middle.

I don't know about you, however there were PLENTY of leftover quests when I was overleveled for a planet, especially beyond that L30 threshold. I did not pvp nor did I run flashpoints more than a handful of times.

So, no, they don't need to add more content in that respect, they need to decrease the XP gained.

wrong,

re-leveling is too slow,

BW should let players re-ding 50 in ONE DAY,

or provide players RE-ADV CLASS system,

RE-roll LV50 system,

just like ur 'the training of new recruits '

ppl dont want to do it AGAIN. :mad:

I just love players who tell others they have 200 ppl at fleet at all time, but cant provide the name of their server

Normally about 150 people each, usually 2 (Sometimes 3) instances of imp fleet, Dreshdae Cantina, Peak hours usually around 10pm-ish EST.

Edited by Zunayson

instead of creating new threads of this problem you'd better solve it

They're working on it. They've told us this already. They're even going to do a real-time test with the Oceanic server launch. If you spent as much time reading what the devs have told us as you do whining, you'd probably be much happier. Especially when you're resorting to telling off forum mods who have no power to do anything of the sort.

Edited by Jxspyder

Where di you get 1.7 million? If you think for a second there are 1.7m subscriptions you are deluded to say the least.

Go buy a reality check.

From the shareholder conference call EA had at the beginning of the month? The one where if they lie and give false numbers, they can be removed from the SEC, losing more money than TOR will ever possibly make them?

Skepticism is fine and all. But don't pretend that just because you experience something, it's the standard for the entire game.

Edited by Jxspyder

Ive heard talk of "server merges" happening in gchat on my server. has this actually happened in the past?

Not in this game, nor will we see it for a long time.

But it has happened in other games, yes. Even multiple times in some games.

Edited by Skoobie