Server population is dropping...

Miffy

Any one else noticed that the servers were all full during peak times the other week and now all the full ones are now only heavy or very heavy. Lots are just standard now and you log on to them to see what the populations are like and you'll get like 20 people in a zone compared to around 80 in the very heavy ones.

Bioware needs to start merging servers before they make the mistake every other developer has done with mmorpgs ever since WoW. If you're part of an unpopulated server you're more likely to quit because you cannot find the people to play with.

It's not a doomsday thread but Bioware need to get on top of the population decline before the servers get too underpopulated and people quit.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the previous thread has exceeded our normal threshold for thread length, we've started this new thread for the community to discuss the topic.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

2. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks

3. Please stay on topic.

4. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.

5. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

6. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Flag function to report their post.

Thank you!

I just love players who tell others they have 200 ppl at fleet at all time, but cant provide the name of their server

Look up The Crucible Pits, off peak hours around 100ish (daytime of course), during peak hours around 160-240.

240 is the max that I have seen when I am at the IF.

EDIT:

As per 200 all the time that is a lie, no server can have 200+ at one spot forever, not even WoW holds that current number.

Edited by darthdoll

I just love players who tell others they have 200 ppl at fleet at all time, but cant provide the name of their server

Kind of like the people who banter on about their server being literally "dead" with less then 20 people in Fleet, but they can't provide the name of their server.

What's your point?

Well, about 30 minutes ago, my server, Prophecy of the Five, had 146 on Imperial Fleet, and 58 Republic Fleet. Healthy on Imperial Side, not so much on Republic side. Republic side has definately a ghosttown feel to it, even during peak hours.

PS I logged because I was bored. I was logged on for a half hour and ran some warzones but I don't feel like playing when there are 12 on my side and 8 on imperial and the WZ ends with a win after the 120 second WZ shutdown. This happened on all 3 warzone matches I played, though on one of the matches it was a loss for us, because the imp side had the 12. I don't think I will stay subscribed longer, and I am not willing to reroll. I am also not willing to tolerate this kind of bs in the warzones. I don't want my wins to be wins because of cheats.

Kind of like the people who banter on about their server being literally "dead" with less then 20 people in Fleet, but they can't provide the name of their server.

What's your point?

=-=-=

Could you pour more sarcasm around? Please?

I know you partly are referring to my posts, since you asked which server I was referring to in the closed thread (after I gave actual numbers)

Server: Krayiss Obelisk

Those numbers I quoted were real, not imaginary. Whether or not you (or any other skeptics) believe it doesn't mean **** to me.

I just love the players that look at fleet numbers and determine that's the server size.

Pro tip: Most people don't hang out at the fleet, they're out doing dailies, Illum, and Datacrons.

Another Pro tip: the numbers you see are only your faction.

I just love the players that look at fleet numbers and determine that's the server size.

Pro tip: Most people don't hang out at the fleet, they're out doing dailies, Illum, and Datacrons.

Another Pro tip: the numbers you see are only your faction.

=-=-

Here's another Pro Tip: you can only group (for heroics and Flashpoints) with people of your own faction, so whether or not there were 1 or 100,000 opposing faction on the server has ZERO relevance.

I previously (another post) provided populations for 3 planets that were within my level (of the character I was using at the time) for questing and heroics. NONE of the 3 planets were over 10 people.

No matter what information is given (time, planets, population) some people think that it's all an exaggeration. I'm willing to bet that those people are on much larger population servers. In which case... GREAT for you. It's not that way for the people that are voicing their opinions and concerns about DRASTICALLY underpopulated servers.

Christ almighty. Is it OK that people are upset with ghost town servers? Is it putting some of you in compromising positions, or getting in your way? No? Then how about you stop trying to belittle those that ARE upset and stop trying to accuse us of basically lying about the situation?

People denying the fact that Crevasse City (There's a realm name for you, random troll.) Has 14 people on Fleet during Peak hours?

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that our Lvl 50 PVP Queue is BROKEN.

We had 20 Pubs and 17 Imps on vent , all queued together, and NOTHING POPPED. Telling me 37 people being queued in an almost perfect balance isn't enough to pop a Warzone? What are the parameters to launch a Warzone, Bioware? We've asked this to all available agents, and not a single response.

One in-game customer service agent told us all to file a ticket.

Forum customer service agent told us to only file one ticket, and he'd get back to us (never got back to us.)

Phone customer service agent told us "It's being escalated".

Which is it?

My in-game tickets regarding this issue have been modified by Agents without my consent. i.e. i file a ticket on 2/14/12, and i log in the next day and it says "Modified: 2/15/12"

Edit: All queued individually. Not together.

Edited by Daltin

Any one else noticed that the servers were all full during peak times the other week and now all the full ones are now only heavy or very heavy. Lots are just standard now and you log on to them to see what the populations are like and you'll get like 20 people in a zone compared to around 80 in the very heavy ones.

Bioware needs to start merging servers before they make the mistake every other developer has done with mmorpgs ever since WoW. If you're part of an unpopulated server you're more likely to quit because you cannot find the people to play with.

It's not a doomsday thread but Bioware need to get on top of the population decline before the servers get too underpopulated and people quit.

My Fleet at primetime 11pm had a total of 37 people on it. Now there are some solid numbers

Trim the fat when you launch Oceanic servers (Move the lowest populated servers to oceanic, offer Free-Transfer to selected servers to players that played on it before (They can also choose to say).

Get rid of the East/West divide. You keep the servers/planets feeling full by having as many people play as possible around the clock. East makes up for West dead-times, West makes up for East dead-times.

Trim the amount of servers down. Go from 123 NA servers, to 70ish non-divide by East/West servers.

----

Since that's unlikely to happen (Maybe moving the Lowest Populated servers to Oceanic) we're ****ed until 5 or so months from now when it's an undeniable problem and they actually have to merge servers for real.

But at that point, it's to late.

What's your point?

i can give you my server name

go to the "the defenestrator" server and see it for yourself. Create a character and look the planets population and see it the busiest days on the fleet is like 20 max and average is like 5 to 12

the server is always on light

average planet is like 5-10

i regret so much getting at this server =( and i don't want to start all over

Edited by Ancthewolf

Look up The Crucible Pits, off peak hours around 100ish (daytime of course), during peak hours around 160-240.

240 is the max that I have seen when I am at the IF.

EDIT:

As per 200 all the time that is a lie, no server can have 200+ at one spot forever, not even WoW holds that current number.

I am on Crucible Pits and can also say that it's pretty healthy. Could still maybe use a cross-server group finder for off-peak hours, but that's just a wish list thing.

Because the previous thread has exceeded our normal threshold for thread length, we've started this new thread for the community to discuss the topic.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

2. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks

3. Please stay on topic.

4. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.

5. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

6. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Flag function to report their post.

Thank you!

instead of creating new threads of this problem you'd better solve it

Edited by loveburrito