Guild Summit couldn't come quicker...

KiaThas

The first ever guild summit for SWTOR:

Really couldn't come quicker, march.

The guild summit is in place to discuss 'the state of the game'. Frankly the game seems to be going downhill and the dev's dont seem to be taking much action to counter this..

ALTHOUGH, im not saying that they're not.

Just the guild summit may help the team to realise that quite important changes need to be made, as listed in the suggestion forums and general discussion forums a like.

Well this is how I envision what It to be guild leaders telling them where they're going wrong. :rolleyes:

Let's hope there is less softball style fanboy questions from the guilds attending.

Hopefully those chosen put some base in their voice and speak up for the community that wants to see SWTOR succeed and are prepared to suggest A-Z and see what sticks.

(and that's coming from a supporter of SWTOR)

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

Is this where large guild leaders are flown out to BWA's studios to discuss the game?

Because that sounds like total fail, especially since it's probably all the same ******es who whined for RVR in WAR because they wanted DAOC2.

Edited by Ansultares

I'm just speculating really, more & more hate posts are appearing. Or posts where 'improvement needed' whilst the - Bioware 'I luv u' posts are declining.

And in way of not doing much, we dont seem to get much feedback other than the Q&A, which is only 10 questions a week.

We can get some proper discussion on-going and there's no hiding from important topics such as 'y u no same sex flirting'?! (dont know why people call for that but apparently 5% do)

And I alike am a Fan of SWTOR, I want the game to succeed.

Edited by KiaThas

http://www.mmo-junkie.net/statistics the dev Q&A talking about hoods instead of inportant things like ways to improve Ilum (examples) Happy?

Thank-you.. This is it, while hoods are favoured by some people. I cant help but feel as though they tried to sweep the more important points under the rug.

At the guild summit they wont be able to do this. It would be much more easier to get a straight answer, and since its live should put more pressure on for answers.

Thank-you.. This is it, while hoods are favoured by some people. I cant help but feel as though they tried to sweep the more important points under the rug.

At the guild summit they wont be able to do this. It would be much more easier to get a straight answer, and since its live should put more pressure on for answers.

The more important issues to YOU...

I am looking forward to guild summit etc. but also feel you can't knock what they are already doing. The 10 questions a week means they can ensure the answers are all correct and that there isn't so much for people to read they disregard the majority of it, they could do 50 or so, but they would be less detailed and alot would just feel rushed.

The 10 questions also need to try to cover as many topics as possible from different areas of the game, some people want just PvP answers, some Raids, some Role playing, some graphics, so just be happy that they are getting through them and answering them.

Also, the charts mean very little, every game of this genre has a decline after initial release, it takes a few months for all the subscriptions to stabilize...

tl:dr; There are alot of things that need to be worked on, that the summit will make very clear, and the way they are solving it at the moment is not less useful just because they didn't adress your specific issue.

Edited by Hahkil

Frankly the game seems to be going downhill and the dev's dont seem to be taking much action to counter this..

ALTHOUGH, im not saying that they're not.

Explain how these two statements don't contradict each other and then come back when you're not trolling.

Edited by Eonz

The more important issues to YOU...

I am looking forward to guild summit etc. but also feel you can't knock what they are already doing. The 10 questions a week means they can ensure the answers are all correct and that there isn't so much for people to read they disregard the majority of it, they could do 50 or so, but they would be less detailed and alot would just feel rushed.

The 10 questions also need to try to cover as many topics as possible from different areas of the game, some people want just PvP answers, some Raids, some Role playing, some graphics, so just be happy that they are getting through them and answering them.

Also, the charts mean very little, every game of this genre has a decline after initial release, it takes a few months for all the subscriptions to stabilize...

Oh no your right. They're making good progression in the game, but hood's over an entire mechanic of end-gaming?

And if they're struggling to fit 10 questions in a week then obviously changes need to be made.

Thats the problem with Q&A because its limited to 10 questions so many more go unanswered.

The guild summit will be giving us a much higher limit on the amount of questions and well be getting more thorough answers.

Explain how these two statements don't contradict each other and then come back when you're not trolling.

Look at the grammar.

'They don't appear to be doing much' Okay? ... Appear. Behind the scenes they may be doing enormous amounts. We just don't know but on our end it doesn't seem to be major movements at this current time.

And the guild summit will give us a lot more clarification on the movements.

Oh no your right. They're making good progression in the game, but hood's over an entire mechanic of end-gaming?

And if they're struggling to fit 10 questions in a week then obviously changes need to be made.

Thats the problem with Q&A because its limited to 10 questions so many more go unanswered.

The guild summit will be giving us a much higher limit on the amount of questions and well be getting more thorough answers.

I certainly agree with the guild summit being amazing for getting people to understand where they stand with the game and the developers.

I just feel that I'd rather have 10 questions answered in detail and properly, than 20+ lackluster answers, and as it is weekly, the large majority of issues will be confronted as time goes on. (and remember, the questions to be answered are collected probably within 2/3 days of the answering as people are still responding to the thread until it is closed)

And as I said, alot of people, myself included, see the hoods etc. just as important as the end-game mechanic ;), each of my characters has a personality and individual style, it affects my game as much as the Ilum problems in my head ;)

Edited by Hahkil

Ok the charts are going to dip, at first. But they haven't dipped they nose dived. And the rest was true they should sort it the way you said 2PvP 2PvE Qs. Ect,ect. but look at the servers, really look! They are dying and it's a sad state of affairs. The issues of servers needs to be addressed. The thread about them hasn't had a single post from a dev,why? But we'll get real sub numbers at the end of march (end of Q1) Then we'll see whats really happening.

I certainly agree with the guild summit being amazing for getting people to understand where they stand with the game and the developers.

I just feel that I'd rather have 10 questions answered in detail and properly, than 20+ lackluster answers, and as it is weekly, the large majority of issues will be confronted as time goes on.

And as I said, alot of people, myself included, see the hoods etc. just as important as the end-game mechanic ;), each of my characters has a personality and individual style, it affects my game as much as the Ilum problems in my head ;)

Thats the problem though, while some of the Q&A questions may be thorough, others are simply replies such as 'its being considered, watch this space'.

Thats 1/10 questions gone to pot. If they're in an audience with people we get a full answer on matters, and we put pressure on them to act (sorry just trying to keep it on topic).

But yeah While I can see what your saying about the hoods, I was simply pointing this out because I felt this was less important, but questions they answered were less important than that, matters which were asked by a good number of people such as ilum of same gender relations weren't asked whilst questions which were asked by a fewer number were being answered simply on the basis that they could answer them.

And the Summit, if its how I imagine the guild leaders pick and choose a question, not the developers.

Edited by KiaThas

Doomsayers are more annoying than fanboys -.-

Too much of anything is a bad thing! This game will NEVER be F2P unless they go LOTRO route (They got lots more doe after going F2P) I really do want to love this game thats why I have like 4 months left on my sub but atm. I find the forums alot more intresting. imo

Ah yes because they don't mention something absolutely means they aren't doing anything about it. There's more important things than Ilum and pvp too.

There seems to be a lack of communication on the subject.

The Q&A doesn't cover enough questions, the discussion at the summit I imagine would cover a wide variety of topics.

Too much of anything is a bad thing! This game will NEVER be F2P unless they go LOTRO route (They got lots more doe after going F2P) I really do want to love this game thats why I have like 4 months left on my sub but atm. I find the forums alot more intresting. imo

Its not a good sign when that's true, I get more enjoyment commenting on posts on the forums.

Edited by KiaThas

You think that is a valid example? Lol I can't find a way to respond to that without the mods crying.

Could you display any evidence indicating that the game is growing? other than copy sales, just cause people buy the game doesn't mean to say whether they like it or not.

And..

You just did, didn't you?