The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please DO NOT ROLL A TANK

stephenjohnp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So since you can't control yourself for 5 or so seconds, Juggernaut/Guardians should reroll and/or stop being made?

Better idea: Give the tank a little bit before jumping in with your big shiny AE abilities.

BINGO!

I usually have to ask the DPS to give me a full GCD to get full aggro as a tank, it's not that hard. Problem is, most people are too impatient and want to get it over with and now.

So weird, and here I thought they could tank having been playing one since Beta. I mean, I tank HM's , everyday, and nobody dies because of my lack of AoE. I ran Kaon last night on HM, a very add intensive run, and we cleared it with CC and DPS knowing their targets no problem. Man, here I was hoping DPS and healers would figure out this is not another MMO. The tank does not need to hold every......single......mob. Oh well, guess I will delete him. Thank you OP, for the thought induced post. You clarified this for me! Edited by Darthmemnoc

So since you can't control yourself for 5 or so seconds, Juggernaut/Guardians should reroll and/or stop being made?

Better idea: Give the tank a little bit before jumping in with your big shiny AE abilities.

Yes right on lol

reminds of a joke; Young bull says to older Bull, "hey let's run down and get us one of those cows" the old bull replies; "let's walk down and get them all".

*edited for content

I absolutely dread it when I get a Juggernaut tank for a Hardmode flashpoint. You're AoE threat is just absolutely **** and it's just painful to party with you.

OP must be a Sorc or merc. Only classes dumb enough to complain because they can't LOLAOEDAMAGE as soon as the tank charges in.

I absolutely dread it when I get a Juggernaut tank for a Hardmode flashpoint. You're AoE threat is just absolutely **** and it's just painful to party with you.

If you don't understand how tanks work don't complain. Tanks don't need AOE threat. Even the AOE taunt is just a tool to use when some idiot party member failed and messed up aggro.

I totally agree with the OP, I mean why should I attack the target the tank is attacking? That would result in a net dps loss for me! I need to be able to attack any target I wish and the tank must be able to hold aggro without much dps, so that I may shine in the dps meter... oh wait...

I totally agree with the OP, I mean why should I attack the target the tank is attacking? That would result in a net dps loss for me! I need to be able to attack any target I wish and the tank must be able to hold aggro without much dps, so that I may shine in the dps meter... oh wait...

nah man /sarcasm off and really it's just the weak mobs that dps should dispose of EATING HIM ALIVE GHAHGHAHAHAHA

"I absolutely dread it when I get a Juggernaut tank for a Hardmode flashpoint. You're AoE threat is just absolutely **** and it's just painful to party with you"

And THEY absolutely hate teaming with you. :) enjoy your many many many deaths

Edited by Wrack

Multiple target threat is possible... when DPS knows how to task target... if you randomly attack NPCs, yes you are going to die.

Other than that, Juggs can have multi-targets on them, but as a DPS you need to learn to not just "NUKE" a target because you can.

Learn your class abilities, then come tell us about ours. We have 1 AOE taunt that lasts 6 seconds... and 2 other AOE abilities that dont generate enough threat as we would like. The mechanics are not "WOW", so if you want over the top threat generation go back to that. Or, feel free to learn to manage your threat at the start of a fight so the tank(s) can manage their threat.

Have you played an Immortal Spec'd Jug? If not, move along son...

Charge in=>AoE taunt, start spamming AoE threat. If enemies are scattered, elites outside my AoE range are controlled (if not, I have a taunt=>charge=>pushinto main group=>charge combo), the rest goes down in flames.

You dont charge in with aoe taunt thats just stupid. You use smash before anything and aoe taunt after a after people put threat on the mobs. all taunt does is match the top threat currently on the mob so if there is no threat on the mob its useless. I usually Charge in Smash, Backhand tab sunder tab force choke tab sunder tab vicious slash and maybe ill use aoe taunt if i start to loose aggro.

You dont charge in with aoe taunt thats just stupid. You use smash before anything and aoe taunt after a after people put threat on the mobs. all taunt does is match the top threat currently on the mob so if there is no threat on the mob its useless. I usually Charge in Smash, Backhand tab sunder tab force choke tab sunder tab vicious slash and maybe ill use aoe taunt if i start to loose aggro.

Agree, but it's foolproof. And it works. You won't have to switch targets and taunt that one enemy that got away because an eager DPS slapped him before I could solidify threat.

I also tend to use tank CC on elites - they hit hard, and the healer could often use some slack.

Also, Vicious slash, lol.

Edited by Helig

Like other posters mentioned, you either had terrible juggernauts or don't know how to dps correctly yourself.

I have personally tanked every single hardmode flashpoint (I even tank them in full vengeance dps-spec atm) without a problem. I ran them as dd too (yes, juggernauts can be dd...) with a powertech-tank and it seemed to me, he had more problems holding aggro than me.

When i tank, i don't even care about the trash-mobs. They will be dead in 3 seconds, if your dds know, what they are doing. I usually only have to aoe-taunt, when we had a terrible pull.

As dd, I went with juggernauts, assassins and powertechs as tanks and I really can't say that juggernauts are the worst. Maybe the hardest to play, I can't judge that, but every tank can do his job without problems...

When i do flashpoints with a random group, every second run they ask me, if I'm happy with my guild, because I'd be welcome with them... Doesn't really sound like a useless class at all.