People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

Quitting because you "know" you're going to lose is just childish.

Sometimes you lose. Sometimes you lose and it isn't your fault. Sometimes you lose and there is literally nothing you could have done to cause your team to win. Big deal. Welcome to life.

Sometimes you lose. Sometimes you lose with your 4 man premade. And when you lose with your 4 man premade, it was close, it was fun, it inspires you to do better because you didn't get ROFLSTOMPED.

But sometimes you get into a pug because it's 6:30 AM, and you want to pvp a little before work. Sometimes that pug contains 6 people vs the other 8. Sometimes 5 of those 6 people are new 50's with green gear and 9k hp (or level 11 with white gear and 3 usable abilities). Sometimes these guys just try to go PEWPEW and completely ignore the objectives. Sometimes these guys get the ball and run backward toward your goal line. Sometimes these guys don't pass, or when they do pass, they pass toward your goal line into the center of 7 enemy players. Sometimes you didn't even think about getting medals, you just worked toward the objective, yet when the game is over and you lost, you still have 5 more medals than the guy that is second to you in medals on your team. Sometimes this **** happens over and over and over and over and over and over and overand over and over and overand over and over and overand over and over and overand over and over and overand over and over and overand over and over and overand over and over and overand over and over and overand over and over and overand over and over and over until you finally decide to stop getting frustrated and simply deny those other people the ability to leach from you. Sometimes those other people (leaches) multiply and come to the forums to cry about it because they've been denied the ability to leach off of you. Sometimes (nah who am I kidding, more like all the time) Bioware listens to these guys and implements a penalty to punish the guys that are merely avoiding bad players.

And sometimes you wonder when the leaches are going to understand that you don't want them leaching off of you any more, because hey, Big Deal, welcome to life, right?

So to you, I say: I don't want you leaching off of me anymore. Stop crying, Big Deal, welcome to life.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want to win kick undergeared that simple. it increases your win chances by removing the undergeared.

And xserver Q's will reduce that chance 10 fold.

for every 1 undergeared player you kick there are 10 more ready to replace him.

What will that accomplish?

If you AFK, I will vote to kick you.

And I see even vet players doing this one person in particular irritates me to no end when he does it because he's a BM and in all BM gear.

If you are undergeared I won't vote to kick you, but I won't fight on your side if you don't have the inteligence enough to not enter a warzone with less than 12k HP. I'm not asking a lot there 12k is far less than what you need... and 13k is about minimum before you can't say they are undergeared.

I had 13k on my concealment operative for a long time in wz's but I was in full PVP gear and could take down people with 6k more HP than me.

But as a general assumption 12k or less usually means they don't have all PVP gear or they have very poor PVE gear.

Well, that's kinda harsh. I played with <12k HP when I hit 50. Never paid it much attention as I leveled like every 3 hours of play time, so gearing up was no concern. However, that said, once I did start doing WZ consistently at 50 it was no problem to get gear.

I do have a huge problem with your mentality by simply judging a player due to what they are wearing at any one given point in time. And it IS players like that, that will abuse the vote kick system simply because they will have the power too. Player punishment should never be left in the hands of other vindictive players..too much opportunity for griefing.

I agree, people leaving the wz is getting kinda derp. However, idk if this is happening to anyone else or just me - but I HAVE to go the entire Alderaan wz without dying otherwise when I clone, the speeder bugs and doesnt let me back in the fight so I eventually just get kicked out. I cant tell you how many times my team will be winning and it will still kick me out if I die. If anyone can confirm this is happening to them and it is a serious bug, I think it should be fixed

There is a concealment operative I help in wz's he just hit 50 recently... 1v1 he's not a threat to me.... he's been carried many times by premades.

When he's on my team... I give him advice on how to survive. Explain to him certain things he needs to do right now until he gets geared.

But he also doesn't run around with 10-12k HP either.

He has 14k HP which is almost as much as me.

I'm willing to help people, and I don't think kicking them is the answer either.

I do believe however... there needs to be a seperation of sorts.

Maybe instead of throwing fresh 50's with the geard 50's

Another bracket needs to be formed for 45-50 (50's being newly 50's for say 2 weeks or 4 weeks) before they get bump'd to the normal 50's bracket.

give level 45-50's the chance to gain cent coms exclusively and not get champ coms at all until they get bump'd up to the normal 50's bracket.

maybe based on a rating system of sorts or even an item level bracket for 45-50's while 50's with item level 126+ all go against eachother.

That's one thing wow did right with the PVE system was implement an item rating.

It can work the same for PVP

and especially so for arena style pvp which a lot of people want.

Quit rating people on win % and start rating them on gear to make gear a non factor for them and it then comes down to skill.

I do have a huge problem with your mentality by simply judging a player due to what they are wearing at any one given point in time.

Bad gear at 50 means you are literally of no help at all in pvp. Anyone who's been 50 and has played in a warzone more than once understands this.

You are doing every other player in the warzone a disservice and are a waste of space if you step in a level 50 wz with 12k or less HP. Have a little respect for other players and go do something to improve your gear before stepping in a WZ. Especially if you expect another player who does have good gear to stay in that wz.

Bad gear at 50 means you are literally of no help at all in pvp. Anyone who's been 50 and has played in a warzone more than once understands this.

You are doing every other player in the warzone a disservice and are a waste of space if you step in a level 50 wz with 12k or less HP. Have a little respect for other players and go do something to improve your gear before stepping in a WZ. Especially if you expect another player who does have good gear to stay in that wz.

I totally disagree. Team work is to cover for and help others get better while attempting to win. I would agree with you that if you knew the player and that player was totally against getting better than there might be an argument to be had. But we all start somewhere. Once the vote kick comes in, the d-bag players that share your attitude will being to abuse those players trying to get a start. It's a horrible attitude to have in a team based game.

And how should anyone get decent PvP gear if he's not supposed to do PvP? There is a big hole in your logic.

How do you expect them to get better gear when you kick them from WZ's?

Maybe instead of throwing fresh 50's with the geard 50's

Another bracket needs to be formed for 45-50 (50's being newly 50's for say 2 weeks or 4 weeks) before they get bump'd to the normal 50's bracket.

Not sure that would be a good idea, maybe if there are the numbers to support a finer gradation of the player base.

But that concept of being the small fish in the pond for a while is part and parcel to the genre. You suffer at first but work and learn and get better. Eventually, you become a big fish.

Not sure that would be a good idea, maybe if there are the numbers to support a finer gradation of the player base.

But that concept of being the small fish in the pond for a while is part and parcel to the genre. You suffer at first but work and learn and get better. Eventually, you become a big fish.

well I understand the numbers thing

but with x server Q's

it will no longer be a problem

Or if it still is

open the bracket up to level 40-49's exclusively. Iit litearlly takes less than a week to get a full set of cent gear if people play it right... so 40-49 is not unreasonable they just can't use the gear until level 49 or even level 50.. but when they get bump'd to the 50's bracket they aren't left with nothing to contend with in the 50's bracket.

There are ways to fix this issue easily with minimal change to the mechanics all together.

Edited by Ahebish

well I understand the numbers thing

but with x server Q's

it will no longer be a problem

Or if it still is

open the bracket up to level 40-49's exclusively.

There are ways to fix this issue easily with minimal change to the mechanics all together.

-nods-

Numbers can be moved around sure, the 40-49 could help. But if they go x-server, I'll be gone from the game. I'd never advocate that type of game play. IMO, it's one of the most destructive things they could do. I'm a server community first guy.

EDIT: just saw your cent gear idea....that would actually be a really good idea.

Edited by Vydor_HC

-nods-

Numbers can be moved around sure, the 40-49 could help. But if they go x-server, I'll be gone from the game. I'd never advocate that type of game play. IMO, it's one of the most destructive things they could do. I'm a server community first guy.

open the bracket up to level 40-49's exclusively. Iit litearlly takes less than a week to get a full set of cent gear if people play it right... so 40-49 is not unreasonable they just can't use the gear until level 49 or even level 50.. but when they get bump'd to the 50's bracket they aren't left with nothing to contend with in the 50's bracket.

added to my previous post sorry.

quote sniped me lol

Ya I'm not to hip on it myself for the same reasons... but fact is to many people want it... it's unavoidable. And I consider it already implemented.

Not to mention BW has already confirmed they are doing it.

Edited by Ahebish

How do you expect them to get better gear when you kick them from WZ's?

And how should anyone get decent PvP gear if he's not supposed to do PvP? There is a big hole in your logic.

there's a level 10-49 bracket in place. My alt is at 33 valor at level 37. Even if you started at level 49, you could still get 1 champ bag and 1000 of each commendation waiting for you 50. Hell, he might even learn how to play his class in a pvp scenario while he's there too.

PvP gear isn't the only gear with the endurance stat. You could at least purchase mods and gear or go PVE for a little while if you didn't understand how to make money in the game.

It ain't rocket science.

Edited by drdarpa
removed the bolster part, 'twasn't correct

quote sniped me lol

see my edit on your edit. :)

see my edit on your edit. :)

damn it

I eddited my edit that you edited on mine or something.

quote sniped me lol

Ya I'm not to hip on it myself for the same reasons... but fact is to many people want it... it's unavoidable. And I consider it already implemented.

there's a level 10-49 bracket in place. My alt is at 33 valor at level 37. Even if you started at level 49, you could still get 1 champ bag and 1000 of each commendation waiting for you 50. And a bolster ability too. Hell, he might even learn how to play his class in a pvp scenario while he's there too.

PvP gear isn't the only gear with the endurance stat. You could at least purchase mods and gear or go PVE for a little while if you didn't understand how to make money in the game.

It ain't rocket science.

Correct

Hence my comment about PVE gear a page or 2 back.

It's a "tide-me-over" if pvp is really what people want to do.

damn it

I eddited my edit that you edited on mine or something.

quote sniped me lol

-nods-

If they go x-server, I'd hope they would allow you to continue to have the option to group with people exclusively from your own server and fight against people from other servers, I really don't want the abuse that comes with having to team with jack wads that you will never have to depend on again.

-nods-

If they go x-server, I'd hope they would allow you to continue to have the option to group with people exclusively from your own server and fight against people from other servers, I really don't want the abuse that comes with having to team with jack wads that you will never have to depend on again.

I support this. Let us fight server vs. server teams if they are going x-server.

-nods-

I really hope they allow 5 or 6 person groups

this is one thing about the game that irritates me to no end.

4 man groups are just laughable.

in some hardmodes it singles out certain classes because of the style of fights on some of the hardmodes.

I did false emp last night on my concealment on hard mode... I had to switch to my Powertech DPS to help the group get past HK-47... it wasn't possible for me to do it on my concealment because of the fact we had a marauder and a jug tank both melee. There were times in that fight where I couldn't DPS which anyone who does this boss knows that's a big nono. It's one thing to have 1 melee DPS doing it but not the only 2 DPS'ers in the group doing it at the same time.

After HK tho I was able to switch back to my op and get credit for finishing FE HM. Since I already completed it on my PT.

Edited by Ahebish

I totally disagree. Team work is to cover for and help others get better while attempting to win. I would agree with you that if you knew the player and that player was totally against getting better than there might be an argument to be had. But we all start somewhere. Once the vote kick comes in, the d-bag players that share your attitude will being to abuse those players trying to get a start. It's a horrible attitude to have in a team based game.

You can disagree all you want, but an easy 2-3 shot player is indeed:

Worthless

Regardless, I've played mmo's long enough to have lost my patience with abrasive noobs. Sorry, I don't really care if that makes me a "bad attitude" guy or a "d-bag" or whatever you bads want to call me.

I'll use the vote kick how I see fit. If you're not putting in work, you're as useful as the AFKer it was meant for.

Gear isn't hard to get in this game. It takes a very tiny amount of effort as compared to BM gear.

I support this. Let us fight server vs. server teams if they are going x-server.

Server vs server queue will be pretty empty on any server that has unhealthy faction ratio. I dont know any reason why imps on highly imp populated servers would choose server vs server matches if they can have lower queues in x-server.

alot of kill farming happens in huttball for instance. if you force people to stay for fear of a debuff, it will just cause more farming for the other team. why not leave it how it is now and let the player decide. 'cause honestly being farmed is not fun I'd rather get into a new match as quick as possible by leaving the warzone.