Official Q&A Thread for February 24th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Are there any plans to allow single players to complete the +2 and +4 quest in the open world? Maybe grouping up with the rest of our companions to do it.

I have a really hard time finding anyone to group with to complete these.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the future, can a neutral faction be added and/or classes be available to both sides with some changing of the class mirrors? (I.E. republic and imperial troopers) I realize this is a major game dynamic shift, it just seems to A) make sense and B) provide more flavor for the players.

A lot of players are experiencing fps issues. Almost all players have issues on Ilum (2-5 fps when 30 players are in the area). Many players have issues in the Alderaan Civil War warzone (7-15 fps). Furthermore opening the character window or other windows (companions, inventory) lead to fps drops (to 1-2 fps for a second). Some of these problems have been tracked down to asset loading and the asset files, and to the caching files. These issues are not related to outdated systems or high settings. Is Bioware aware of these issues, acknowledging them and when will we see them fixed?

People (especially roleplayers) have been requesting more "social abilities" to do with your character, such as sitting on chair and leaning against walls which many npc's can but players cant. On the ships however we do have the option to sit on some of the chairs, and as far as I know you once said it's something you were still working on. However recently there has been little-to-no mention of this from the developers (as far as I have seen at least) - could we get an update on this, are you still working on these areas or should we not expect to see sit-able chairs outside of the ships?

Will pvp expertise be increased to be equivalent to high tier pve armor added stats? Apparently all number crunchers seem to agree that too much expertise would result in overall lower pvp performance then more stats + some expertise. This forces dedicated pvpers to pve if they want to be among the best.

Are there any plans to make it easier for friends/guildmates to travel more quickly (and easily) to one another? The number of steps it takes makes it generally quite annoying to drop what you're doing on planet X and travel to planet Z when someone asks for help on a quest, or whatever, even when quicktravel is available. I believe Gabe described it "eloquently" one week on the Penny-Arcade news blog...

Hi,

Given that a significant number of players report that they are having graphics rendering problems (lag), on systems that more than exceed the minimum specification for the game, and that these problems are reported to be particularly troublesome in high population areas on Illum, could you comment on whether the development team views the graphical performance of the game client in this area to be acceptable.

If so, can you please comment on whether the minimum specification for the game is to be revised to assist in building computer systems that would enable smooth play in this zone.

If not, could you outline any steps you are taking to rectify any performance problems that may exist?

Thanks,

me

Edited by Glavius

Can you please share you current plans and thoughts with regard to implementing a LFG tool? (The current implementation is far less useful than general chat so I don't consider that a "tool".) Is producing an LFG tool planned? What timeframe? What will its features be?

Hey!

First I would like to thank you for releasing a fantastic game with a lot of potential. Enjoyable!

My question is: Will there be any merging of servers in the future? As you're aware of, there are a lot of servers with light population which makes things a bit harder when looking for groups for Flashpoints and Heroics.

Again, thank you very much!

Sikjuga