Huttball - stealthing in the goal line = clear exploit

bumstah

TBH they should aswell BAN all Juggernauts!!! EXPLOITERS! they can cap ball in less then 5 sec!

Intercede --->> Charge --->> Force Push --->> Charge --->> Intimidating Roar --->> SCORE

You know what ... BAN everyone that actualy know HOW to play huttball, sounds good?

Leave only those that run towards their own score line ...

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anyone says "why don't you kill the ball carrier before they go near the goal line?"

No, no, no. Question is: why did no body kill stelthed players ?

There are skills to detect stealthed players, and when You'r close to them You can usualy see them. AoE usualy helps to.

There are skills to detect stealthed players, and when You'r close to them You can usualy see them. AoE usualy helps to.

Not to mention the fact that it's not hard to guess where they are going to be once the ball carrier starts getting close. Knock them down into the pit.

Edited by belialle

Wait next to the fire for the stealther to leave stealth.

Harpoon him into the it, (preferable after he got the ball).

Thank Bioware for stealth to keep random teammates from filling his resolve bar.

Edited by Gretha

I'm sure knocking the receiver, who's already on the ledge, into the pit would have been far too much to expect as well. Especially since they couldn't see their game plan unfolding in front of them and had no clue what to expect.

I had the best agme the other day, 1 either side of the end fire pit. I had the guy on our goal side on target. As soon as I saw the guy try to throw the ball I harpooned the guy on the other side and the ball reset. I wish I frapsed that!

But it really is all about having a good understanding of the game. Like the friendly caster who will stay on our side somewhere trying to just AE everything down, giving the Charge classes a free pass.

Everything has a counter measure in the game, just people don't really know their class or other's classes especially well so not sure what to expect all the time I think.

Sounds to me like you needed a commando (or BH) to scout the goal line. With or without the probe they have a pretty easy time finding stealthed characters. Any time a stealth comes within 10M of my commando he can light em up like a Christmas Tree.

Looking for the stealthed player is a waste of time. If the ball is caught from the midfield, the guy has to walk to at least the end of pit before he can reasonably throw it. If there are really two guys permanently stealthed, and the ball carrier usually cannot fight in any meaningful capacity, that means they're always able to get the ball 5 on 8 and your team was doomed. Even if they got lucky once, you should be able to reliably kill their team at the mid field in a 8 on 5. If you can't do that, you were going to lose anyway.

If your team dominates middle, the ball will never reach the 2 stealthers you mentioned at the goal line. At that point the opposing team is playing with what's effectively 6 players.

If you interupt their gameplay, the stealthers will leave their cozy spots.

The "strategy" you mentioned, will only work if the oposing team can effectively have 2 stealthers doing nothing, one person runing back and forth with the ball, while the rest of their team keeps control of middle and supports the ball carrier. I am sory, but if your entire team can't crush 4(?) people in middle and take back control of the game, you deserve to lose at that point.

Urge people in Ops to take control of middle next time, instead of mindlessly chasing a ball carrier down the pit, then running back the long way, while the enemy team gets the rebound.

Once again, control middle, control the game.

What they did, isn't the only strategy you can follow for a quick score. A lot of classes can do it, chances are, theres gonna be one person playing one of them in your team, incert a nice pass here and there and any team can pull off a quick score. However, that isn't enough.

Edited by CorruptorII

No, no they didn't. Our ball carrier was pulled into their spawn yesterday, getting instagibbed and giving the other team the ball. So not fixed yet.

Not saying that didn't happen, but it's in the patch notes somewhere. I'm nearly positive about it. A friend of mine mentioned that he couldn't do it any more as well.

For each stealther they have in the endzone, you have an extra player to control the mid and the ball. Players who stay in the endzone are not the ones you worry about, its the stealthers who sneak up your ramps and pick off your healers that are the real threat.

I think you need to l2read. I specifically said they break stealth to catch the ball, score and restealth.

Funny, did I quote you or someone else? That's right.

You, my very uninformed friend, are the one needing reading comprehension. I was quoting someone who thought that the ball carrier could catch it in stealth, not you.

Now say you're sorry and go back to getting rolled in huttball without learning anything.

Edited by Abiza

Yesterday I joined a huttball only to be rolled and lose miserably in a cold game of 0-6. What happened was there were always at least two stealthers in our goal line camping.

Please fix bioware, it is by far the worst exploit ever.

Oh, come on. Take some trolling classes, that's a real sad attempt. :i_frown:

Yesterday I joined a huttball only to be rolled and lose miserably in a cold game of 0-6. What happened was there were always at least two stealthers in our goal line camping. The enemy ball carriers will purposely jump down to the pit right below the goal line and toss the ball up to a stealther before any of us could react. The stealther will break stealth and score, then pop a ability only to vanish again.

Half the team is trying to go for the ball while the other half is desperately trying to find the campers to no avail. It was probably the worst pvp I've experienced. the game was over in less than five minutes.

Before anyone says "why don't you kill the ball carrier before they go near the goal line?" Must I remind you that falling to the pit is a much faster way to go closer to the goal line, there's no fire or walkways to navigate through. A sorc would carry the ball and use his dash ability to reach near the goal line from the bottom pit and toss it up to a stealther.

I have been in four huttballs now with this exploit and being repub its already hard enough to win on my server. If a visible enemy is standing near our goal line and they toss it that's completely fair, but a stealther is just insanity. They just wait near the goal until a ball carrier comes out and unstealths to score the ball.

We do it better :-) Skilled sorc can jump over fire or over acid using his super speed ability. So we capture the ball, pass it around for a minute so stealth can go to enemy camp and we do what you described.

Other tactic is working when we have Jugg in our team. We go below bridges, kill some enemy and pass ball to Jug. Then he get shields, wait for enemy above and jump to him :-) Pure win.

It's tactic like any other. Deal with it and learn how to counter it. Stealth is not invisible. He can be spotted few meters away. More to that - we have full stealth (total invisibility) BUT we can hold it only 15s every 1 minute.

Other classes pull, push or jump so we have stealth. Where is the problem ?

I like the part where stealth classes can obviously get to the goal line without crossing the incredibly narrow catwalks, where if people were paying attention and not tunnel vision herpderping, they'd probably get AoE'd out.

FIX EXPLOYT NAOW PLZZZZZZ

Funny, did I quote you or someone else? That's right.

You, my very uninformed friend, are the one needing reading comprehension. I was quoting someone who thought that the ball carrier could catch it in stealth.

Keep continuing with your silly remarks.

I just want to note, you're being awfully active about this topic. I wouldn't be surprised if you're one of the players doing this. Most people here are saying "QQ move on" but you're persistently trying to derail this discussion.

Stop it for your own good, you're just proving my point further.

I just want to note, you're being awfully active about this topic. I wouldn't be surprised if you're one of the players doing this. Most people here are saying "QQ move on" but you're persistently trying to derail this discussion.

I actually don't do it because I solo queue and can't stealth, so no. However ANY stealth class worth his salt on either team(both teams are capable of having stealthers, even yours! derp derp) will do everything they can to set themselves up for a pass like that? You know why? It's called using tact and playing smart.

I don't need to repost the million and one EASY ways to counter this that everyone has already said. I haven't derailed the conversation at all. I've posted about the l2p issue you brought up.

FYI, the only point you've "proven" is that bads will be bads. Only you can continue to prove that further. Run along now.

Yesterday I joined a huttball only to be rolled and lose miserably in a cold game of 0-6. What happened was there were always at least two stealthers in our goal line camping. The enemy ball carriers will purposely jump down to the pit right below the goal line and toss the ball up to a stealther before any of us could react. The stealther will break stealth and score, then pop a ability only to vanish again.

Half the team is trying to go for the ball while the other half is desperately trying to find the campers to no avail. It was probably the worst pvp I've experienced. the game was over in less than five minutes.

Before anyone says "why don't you kill the ball carrier before they go near the goal line?" Must I remind you that falling to the pit is a much faster way to go closer to the goal line, there's no fire or walkways to navigate through. A sorc would carry the ball and use his dash ability to reach near the goal line from the bottom pit and toss it up to a stealther.

I have been in four huttballs now with this exploit and being repub its already hard enough to win on my server. If a visible enemy is standing near our goal line and they toss it that's completely fair, but a stealther is just insanity. They just wait near the goal until a ball carrier comes out and unstealths to score the ball.

Since when does strategy = exploit?

If there are 2+ stealthers in your goal line. That means it's 8v6. Actually, if the ball carrier is just trying to move the ball along it would be an 8v5. Your team can't handle an 8v5?

Face it, you're bad at the game.

I notice a recurring theme in threads and WZ chat that people can't recognize when the enemy can play 4 on 8 and blames on all kinds of imbalance or incompetence, when it is actually very simple. If 4 of their guys can consistently get the ball and not die against 8 of yours, then they probably are going to beat you very easily. If the teams are at all balanced, the team trying to play 4 on 8 will just find their ball carrier killed long before he's in any position to throw the ball every single time. Edited by Astarica

Well I can't blame him considering you obviously don't even know what an exploit is...

An exploit is to take advantage of an unforseen "bug" that cause positive and most of the time cause a severe advantage of something that wasn't planned to start with.

T.ex. Old Champ bags where you could get 60% token chance... Adrenal/buff stacking that caused infamous 1-3hit operatives...

Stealthing is not an exploit, nor is it an exploit to be "afk" at the goal line... If so...

Than Charge, Obliterate and Intercede are exploits.

Grappling Hook... Exploit...

Sage/Sorc Barriers... Exploit...

Heals... Exploit

You're just mad at a class mechanic you could of interrupted...