You say "No Endgame", are you kidding me?

AAmedeo

I've seen a lot of WoW comparisons to the endgame of SWTOR. I'd like to point out Blizzard has had 7 years and billions of dollars of revenue to get their house in order. I think SWTOR will get exponentially better as time goes on. But I also understand there are a lot of folks out there who are extraordinarily hard to please, with a very narrow definition of what a game should be.

I've read some posts about an MMO should only be for folks who are in large guilds who spend massive amounts of time grinding to get to "end game"; that a casual player, often defined incorrectly as a "solo" player, should not have any input on the growth of an MMO. Ridiculous in my opinion and anyone who feels that way is severely out of touch with the business realities of producing a game of this scale.

It's nice to be able to solo, it's nice to be able to form groups of all sizes, it's even nicer not to HAVE to do either one of those all the time. That's an MMO IMHO. I like my options, being able to decide who is worth my time to get to know online or spend my valuable and limited gaming time doing missions with on a regular basis. I think a lot of people feel the same way. And the bottom line is my $15 is the same as yours. And there are more of us, but room for everyone.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is stuff to do but not all of it good.

The dailies are an outdated MMO system. A massive borefest to me, I don't even bother unless I need the cash for something. Ilum PVP is a joke, the world is too big for almost any server size.

Warzone PVP is fun and I have yet to try the Ops, which also look fun. But the introduction to end-game on Ilum was totally depressing. A dark, lifeless wasteland with slightly more polygons than Hoth. Ilum should have had more colors and been smaller, and been a hub for 50's instead of the fleet. Actually IMHO Ilum doesn't need to exist, the entry to an open world PVP should have been at the fleet and link multiple servers.

I can't imagine who at Bioware thought Ilum would be fun. It looks totally uninspired. :(

Edited by kristoffbrujah

Daily Quests on Ilum

Daily Quests on Belsavis

Operations

Flashpoints

Space Combat

Datacrons

Companions affection and storeline

Crafting

Ilum PvP

other world PvP (Tatoonine)

Warzones

Social lvl

Valour lvl

I can't stop laughing. Oh man. Crafting as something to do at endgame? Datacrons? This is precious.

No wait it gets better. Social level? Companion storyline? My side's are splitting OP. Good stuff.

There is no end game. 2 ops that take 2 hours each, so thats 4 hours done. PvP is kinda boring.

Also I can run WoW on High/Ultra settings where this game I can do low for me to have 40+ FPS.

And WoW looks betters. Illum PvP is impossible due to the 1 FPS. And no its not my laptop.

Intel i5 quad core 3.3

8 GB ram

Radeon HD 6550

1 GB dedicated

Thats so funny to see posts like this. *** are you doing here then? why did you even buy this game? didnt you hear that this was only a wow clone? Go back to wow and go be happy then. go run your 3 raids for the next year and then have fun with pokemon and pandas.

All the people complaining about these issues are little kids who went in to WoW during WoTLK and made Blood elf Paladins.

Sweeping generalizations (derogatory one's at that) don't do anything to add to the discussion, and make you look very juvenile in the process.

"We didn't say, 'No endgame', we actually wanted end game"

The fact that your friend created a Blood Elf paladin period makes him lose all creditability.

Yes, he's the one in this discussion losing "creditability". Also is "creditability" the ability to use, or the ability to manufacture, credits?

So much anger here.

Would you all like to go grind a dragon for the next 6 months? That's all there is to do "End Game" in some other games.

New content comes, and soon.

But you all don't care.

Nor do I care that you don't care.

And I'm sure that you don't care about me not caring that you don't care.

/who cares?

So much anger here.

Would you all like to go grind a dragon for the next 6 months? That's all there is to do "End Game" in some other games.

But you all don't care.

/who cares?

I do not wish to focus on content of other games, but this "new content" you are talking about is 1x new ops and some minor changes to mods on armor. That will not keep people busy for more than a couple of weeks.

Are we then suppose to wait for another 3 months? At that rate people will be bored more often than they are having fun or challenging themselves. There is of course 1 week lockouts when ops are completed. Then you do it again... in best case scenario, you will receive Rakata gear, that will give you +10 more main stat and will enable you to save 1 second time that it cost to make another hit/shot in order to compensate for the overall gain. Will there be nothing else to reach for?

The expected content is an improvement no doubt,because something is better than nothing, but it will not last long enough... There has to be more things to do than doing WZ for endless valor point grind until rank 100.

I do not wish to focus on content of other games, but this "new content" you are talking about is 1x new ops and some minor changes to mods on armor. That will not keep people busy for more than a couple of weeks.

Are we then suppose to wait for another 3 months? At that rate people will be bored more often than they are having fun or challenging themselves. There is of course 1 week lockouts when ops are completed. Then you do it again... in best case scenario, you will receive Rakata gear, that will give you +10 more main stat and will enable you to save 1 second time that it cost to make another hit/shot in order to compensate for the overall gain. Will there be nothing else to reach for?

The expected content is an improvement no doubt,because something is better than nothing, but it will not last long enough... There has to be more things to do than doing WZ for endless valor point grind until rank 100.

You can always go back to WoW. I hear they have tons of end game stuff they are adding between now and Pandas.

So much anger here.

But you all don't care.

/who cares?

That hurts, really really hurts. If you only knew how much I cared, you would care. But since you don't, you don't. Makes me not want to, but I can't help but. Whatever shall we do?

You can always go back to WoW. I hear they have tons of end game stuff they are adding between now and Pandas.

Gratz on making a new and intelligent argument..

I never played WoW, except I tried beta for a couple of hours.. I never liked WoW theme, and have no plans of playing it.

I could say something like "Why don`t you go play Tetris!" because that is the kind of mentality you got. I don`t subscribe to a game so I can play 30 minutes a day to collect dailies.

I want this game to survive for many years to come because it has potential and I am a Star Wars fan, It just need some attention from the developers in order to make it, or this game will be F2P before you know it.

Collecting datacrons is considered endgame? Jesus Christ you guys are so easy to please! I wish I could make an MMO and rob all of you of your $15/mo, too...

The beauty is, that you pay the $15 and ARENT pleased. They dont even need to please people. They just need people like you who pay $15 to complain. :)

I'm almost willing to pay your $15/mo if YOU go away.

So.....go do that.

Maybe, and this is just my guess here, BW would rather players vent on the forums and stay subscribed, then follow your advice and give their money to the compitors. I know I'd rather BW get more money so they can keep improving the game.

ITT: a whole bunch of people that sprinted through content to get to level cap.

I'm not sympathetic to your plight.

Sprinted through content? We or I just have played more than you have.. It is not a matter of sprinting. You might not have much available time to play computer games, but others have.

I will waste time in one game or the other, It would be beneficial to Bioware that people like myself chose this one. Somehow you got the impression that casual gamers are in majority, but you are mistaken imo.

Most players play MMORPG because they have too much time to waste, not because they lack it.

ITT: a whole bunch of people that sprinted through content to get to level cap.

I'm not sympathetic to your plight.

It's pretty simple really. Lets say that you play for 1 hour a day everyday of the week. That is 7 hours a week. lets say that the game is ~80-100 hours long (90 average). Then we divide 90 by 7 and find out that it will take ~12.9 weeks to finish it which is divided by 4 to get a rough estimate of how many months it will take to finish (and I mean finish) the game. We get ~3. It will take you ~3 months to do more or less everything in the game if you play 7 hours a week. So if you play this "much" or less you should be good since you will be done right before the new content patch comes out. But don't you think that the majority plays more than this?