The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Trauma needs to go.

ToRkaz

Trauma - 30% less healing taken whenever in pvp combat, or for a minute after exiting pvp combat.

This is a completely ridiculous debuff when trying to save your allies in pvp. I play a mercenary healer and considering about 90% of my casts get interrupted, or i get stunned, the ones that do get off NEED to hit hard, and they heal for 3k. Not anywhere near a large enough heal to save a dying ally who has 17k health.

Reasons Trauma needs to go.

-It's easy enough to stun or interrupt a healer, which is why their heals need to hit harder when they can successfully cast.

-Healers can not keep up a team-mate being attacked by 2+ dps with a 3-4k heal every 1.9 seconds (mercenary perspective), considering how hard some dps hit.

-the amount of interrupts melee dps have, especially marauders/sentinels is completely ridiculous.

I'm completely serious about this it's not a troll post, I remember in WoW you would absolutely NEED to stun/cc/interrupt the healer while you kill the dps or the dps' health would skyrocket back to 50% with one casted heal.

In SWTOR however, you can completely forget about the healer if you want and demolish whoever you want to kill. It's impossible to heal through damage from a couple dps because of this debuff. Why do pvp healers get screwed, while pve healers can heal as much as they want?

Edited by ToRkaz

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trauma - 30% less healing taken whenever in pvp combat, or for a minute after exiting pvp combat.

This is a completely ridiculous debuff when trying to save your allies in pvp. I play a mercenary healer and considering about 90% of my casts get interrupted, or i get stunned, the ones that do get off NEED to hit hard, and they heal for 3k. Not anywhere near a large enough heal to save a dying ally who has 17k health.

Reasons Trauma needs to go.

-It's easy enough to stun or interrupt a healer, which is why their heals need to hit harder when they can successfully cast.

-Healers can not keep up a team-mate being attacked by 2+ dps with a 3-4k heal every 1.9 seconds (mercenary perspective), considering how hard some dps hit.

-the amount of interrupts melee dps have, especially marauders/sentinels is completely ridiculous.

I'm completely serious about this it's not a troll post, I remember in WoW you would absolutely NEED to stun/cc/interrupt the healer while you kill the dps or the dps' health would skyrocket back to 50% with one casted heal.

In SWTOR however, you can completely forget about the healer if you want and demolish whoever you want to kill. It's impossible to heal through damage from a couple dps because of this debuff.

so basically you want your team mate to never die when being ganked by 2 people? good logic

Actually, interrupt is kinda if not completely useless in this game. People don't even bother fake casting. If I interrupt your heal you'll just cast another one (well, you should). Edited by sac-

Actually, interrupt is kinda if not completely useless in this game. People don't even bother fake casting. If I interrupt your heal you'll just cast another one (well, you should).

If you interrupt my rapid scan i am 100% screwed for 4 seconds and then when i can cast again it will likely be interrupted or I'll be stunned.

Perhaps if you guys were the ones trying to heal your allies who are dropping like rocks while youre getting stunlocked, instead of being the ones to destroy people in seconds, you would feel my pain.

Your team is terrible. You are using anecdotal evidence that can be countered my anecdotal evidence.

A shield spec PT guarding a healer staying by the healer applying the damage debuff and harassing the 2-3 DPS on the healer means that the healer wont even come close to being in danger.

Pugging and getting trained on by two DPS, and you not having a guard or no support is what happens when you solo queue.

I've run into very effective guard healer combos that take forever to kill and I've run into the healer hiding by himself, nowhere near his own teammates trying to heal them, which I can take care of with ease.

Trauma counters guard healer combo plus taunt.

i agree the 30% must go and to be replaced with 40% atleast

will be 50percent by the time rated wzs have a full patch rotation.

Seriously OP has no idea that yes the debuff hurts a single healer probably more than it should but if that debuff wasn't there healer stacking would be even more broke than it is( and right now if you run 50percent of your team as healers you are unkillable)

Healing/Guard is already pretty redic. I am all for leaving it as it is. Any type of buff or removal of the debuff on healing will mean there is no incentive to play anything other than tanks/healers... can anyone say Rift 2.0?

One healer should not be able to keep 2 people from killing one guy. I've noticed healers on my server are getting better but I think that is because they are learning as they go. This thread is simply a "I'm not good enough, give me a boost" waste of space.

Also, you know what, the only way I can interrupt the healer is through CC and hoping my shots cause some pushback because I'm Commando..........NO INTERRUPT! Wish I had one because it gets pretty annoying not being able to stop anyone from using a certain skill.