5 months to get full Battlemaster gear. Working as intended..

Duffer

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is being fully geared and done with all content 2 months after launch what you really want?

so what your saying is, ppl opening their BM bags should not want them to contain a commendation in order to play more? Thing is after your done with your dailies theres nothing more you can do to obtain a BM bag. So to sum it up, you just have to play 2-3hours per day and hope to get lucky along the way for a full BM set.

i have a full BM set but even acquiring it i did not feel like i achieved something, i put the time needed to complete 2 daily quests every day and i was lucky enough. I don't see the skill in that and the reward system was flawed from the start. Sadly, the damage is already is done, people put a lot of time and hard work and didnt get rewarded as others did that put the same effort as them.

so what your saying is, ppl opening their BM bags should not want them to contain a commendation in order to play more? Thing is after your done with your dailies theres nothing more you can do to obtain a BM bag. So to sum it up, you just have to play 2-3hours per day and hope to get lucky along the way for a full BM set.

i have a full BM set but even acquiring it i did not feel like i achieved something, i put the time needed to complete 2 daily quests every day and i was lucky enough. I don't see the skill in that and the reward system was flawed from the start. Sadly, the damage is already is done, people put a lot of time and hard work and didnt get rewarded as others did that put the same effort as them.

why even bother with the BM set. when they raise the level cap or whatever it will be obsolete and worthless. and you did all that hard work for nothing

why even bother with the BM set. when they raise the level cap or whatever it will be obsolete and worthless. and you did all that hard work for nothing

lol so i should have stopped my subscription when i got my champion set, thats what your saying? I play(ed) this game for pvp, the gear just came as a result of that.

And its really not hard work to complete 2 dailies per day. All i did was that and then i logged of. This game does not reward hard work :) i think its pretty obvious by now

Edited by faiaaar

I know! I hate games that make you work to get better gear. I want my shinies now! now! now!

If you can call it work.

The fact that someone that has been BM for a week can have better(more) gear than me, who has been one for a month because of better "RNG" is flat out retar ded.

There is no "work" in that as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by JumpDrive

Opened about 78 bags as of today (hit Battlemaster before the commendation change), and if I include the Battlemaster gear tokens I got before the switch as commendations then I've managed to get a grand total of 8. I'd gladly take a lengthy grind toward guaranteed rewards over this RNG nonsense anyday.

Agreed, give us a goal we can work towards. Instead of waving the gear in front of us and then taking it away because of RNG.

The whole system is horse sh...*cough*...droppings! The pvp system should be about perseverance, grinding if u wish.Implementing chance in it ruins the fun. If you (BioWare) wanted to have a token in 1 out of 4 bags then just make every bag drop a token and all the items 4 times more expensive. The silly system gets a lot of people frustrated. When you think about it the people who get really really lucky won't do anything to give you more money, but the people who open like 15 bags and get 1 token might just get frustrated enough and drop the game...

And again I'll say: Leave the rolls for PvE, in PvP people should be able to have clear vision on the goals ahead of them!

Cheers and (GOD PLEASE!!!) good luck to everyone...

problem with the BM gear for me isn't the chance % but the rate of bags. Would be nice if we could buy bm box's even if it cost 500 merc and 500 wz coms (in a way it would promote more pvping as well)

They could even the lower the chance a little as well for the people who think this will make getting bm gear easier (even though in march there will probably be a new teir)

Clearly what Bioware wants is for all the pvp'ers to go pve instead. You can literally come out with full rakata in one night if you're lucky. Working as intended according to bioware.....

p.s. yes I agree the system is garbage, I can fully understand them not being able to fix it in the last update, but there's no excuse for them to HAVE to wait until the next update. They could of easily added in a hotfix the next week to fix this.

Do not reply to this post with a statistics lecture. Nobody wants to hear it. The point of this thread is to draw attention to how absurd this system is. It needs to change.

Lol. Because actual data would blow your whinging post apart?

Face facts buddy, you are unlucky :)

5 months for the full best pvp gear set available. This is supposed to be an mmo that you play for years. 5 months sounds a bit short to be honest.. *** game are you guys coming from where they hand you the BIS in a month?

I hit BM on Saturday. I completed the Ilum Daily and Weekly on that day and got 2 BM bags. I got a single BM commendation in each bag (2/2). I also completed the "win 3" daily and got a bag which did not have a commendation (2/3) and I had a pre-purchased bag which also came up empty (2/4). On Sunday, I got 2 bags, zero commendations (2/6). On Monday, 2 bags netted 2 BM commendations (4/8). Yesterday (Tuesday) I again completed the Ilum and "win 3" daily quests and both bags had BM Commendations, bringing my grand total to 6 out of 10.

I think the system is perfect!

Edited by PenoNation

Meh, I don't really have any comments on the percentage game but in general they just need to scrap this whole RNG system period. I don't know what made someone think this was a good way to handle gear but it honestly is one of the more annoying things about this game. I want consistent and controlled upgrades, I don't want to roll the dice on what I get. I play casually, I want to be able to determine roughly how much time I have to spend PvP'ing to get to where I want to be gear-wise.

I hit BM on Saturday. I completed the Ilum Daily and Weekly on that day and got 2 BM bags. I got a single BM commendation in each bag (2/2). I also completed the "win 3" daily and got a bag which did not have a commendation (2/3) and I had a pre-purchased bag which also came up empty (2/4). On Sunday, I got 2 bags, zero commendations (2/6). On Monday, 2 bags netted 2 BM commendations (4/8). Yesterday (Tuesday) I again completed the Ilum and "win 3" daily quests and both bags had BM Commendations, bringing my grand total to 6 out of 10.

I think the system is perfect!

Don't make me rage bro, i'm 1 token in 23 bags atm.

Those of us who earned Battlemaster the intended(*) way should have some kind of reward other than a lame title. We do not need Champion Commendations. Yet thats all I've gotten so far from Battlemaster bags. Its kind of like a slap in the face.

(*) Not from the Ilum bug day, intentionally overqueueing repeatedly, or other rampant pvp exploits.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.