PvP 60 seconds CC?!?

MuNieK

You kidding me Bioware? So basically open world pvp encounters can be 1+companion against 1 without companion? Just got ambushed by a dodger in open world who CCed my companion indefinitely till i killed this scum... I had to use my all cooldowns and medikit tho ... how fair it is?

How come it doesnt suprise me that brilliant bioware developers forgot about such "irelevant" thing as difference between pvp and pve CC...

In pvp CC no matter if its player or companion shouldnt last longer than 8 seconds. Otherwise your game is just a mockery of competetive pvp gameplay.

Fix it, and do it yestarday already! This is just ridiculous and requires hotfix.

Edited by MuNieK

yea because pvping randomly on planets is to be seen as "competitive"

companions arnt ment to be used for PvP which is why they arnt used in WZ or in Ilum.

"zomg pvp on tatooine isnt balanced so then ALL PVP must be uncompetitive"

as Mr Spock would say that is very illogical

hello?! Noone sees a gamebraking 2-classes monopoly for domination over open world zones on pvp servers?

That depends.

Are you thinking "class" as in "base class" or "advanced class"?

Assuming advanced class, these ones can CC any target with a mez:

1. Shadow/Assassin

2. Sage/Sorcerer

3. Commando/Mercenary

If you mean base class:

1. Consular/Inquisitor

2. Some troopers/bounty hunters

So it's either 3 classes or 1.5 classes.

None of these Brake the game. Some might Break it though.

Sorry to be retarded, but the thread seems dedicated to doing that anyways.

Edited by Grubfist

yea because pvping randomly on planets is to be seen as "competitive"

companions arnt ment to be used for PvP which is why they arnt used in WZ or in Ilum.

"zomg pvp on tatooine isnt balanced so then ALL PVP must be uncompetitive"

as Mr Spock would say that is very illogical

You know what else is illogical? Saying that companions aren't for pvp when they are allowed in tatooine pvp

Does someone pay people to come into threads and spread misinformation? Because I see a lot of people acting like bugs or balance oversights shouldn't be addressed because of a reason that doesn't even make sense.

If you're going to troll a thread do it somewhere else, there are people that actually would like to see **** get fixed in pvp

Edited by JP_Legatus

You won what was essentially a 2v1 match and you are complaining that the loser is OP? Lewl!

You somehow missed the fact that i had to use all my cooldowns, including the 10 minutes one and medikit... Which by smart person automatically means: next encounter with same person would be 100% loose. But i cant expect everyone to be smart, right? :)

To the other poster:

Just becouse Ilum have rewards, it doesnt mean that PvP in open world on PVP server should be broken. And no, your clueless, ignorant comments wont change the fact its broken and HAVE to be fixed. You dont see the need, sorry i dont think anything is able to cast some light on that problem for you. You are int he dark mate.

You know what else is illogical? Saying that companions aren't for pvp when they are allowed in tatooine pvp

Does someone pay people to come into threads and spread misinformation? Because I see a lot of people acting like bugs or balance oversights shouldn't be addressed because of a reason that doesn't even make sense.

If you're going to troll a thread do it somewhere else, there are people that actually would like to see **** get fixed in pvp

if you read my post i was refering to him calling this game a mockery of "competitive pvp"

since when is low lvl world pvp considered competitive.

The 2 areas where its actualy important for PvP to be competitve is

Warzones and Ilum

and they go completely uneffected by this

illogical response to waht i said is illogical because you mis understood

WORLD PVP NOT ON ILUM MABEY UNCOMPETITIVE

THIS DOES NOT MEAN ALL compettive PVP in this game is a mokery because what u describe is a very small amount of pvp

im sry that u either misread my post or the above op's post

You won a 2v1 encounter by blowing all of your cds, you are worried the next encounter would be a loss and you are complaining? You should lose 2v1 since there is a numerical advantage. You also give very little details surrounding the encounter. Gear, spec, levels, location, mobs or lack of mobs, hp state when fight began, who had the element of surprise, etc. Your post can't really be taken for anything more than a whine at this point.

cc lasts full duration on npcs, companions are npcs, i dont see whats broken....

hes not saying the mechanic is broken hes saying it should be changed.(although he may have used the word broken im not sure which does lead to confusion)

im a shadow so i can mesmerise someones companion for 60 seconds and hell just stand there.

if every class has a 60 second CC that can be used on NPC's then i see no problem with this issue but as far as i know they dont so it could be an issue

albiet a small one which the OP overexagerates greatly.

Bioware has much bigger fish to fry then this.

Wow, somebody else finally figured this out? I Force Cloak/Mindtrapped the companions of would be gankers all the way to 50. Killed plenty of guys 5 levels above me that figured I'd be an easy target.

The next thing you know, people will figure out that it's better to attack the player than the companion.

You kidding me Bioware? So basically open world pvp encounters can be 1+companion against 1 without companion? Just got ambushed by a dodger in open world who CCed my companion indefinitely till i killed this scum... I had to use my all cooldowns and medikit tho ... how fair it is?

How come it doesnt suprise me that brilliant bioware developers forgot about such "irelevant" thing as difference between pvp and pve CC...

In pvp CC no matter if its player or companion shouldnt last longer than 8 seconds. Otherwise your game is just a mockery of competetive pvp gameplay.

Fix it, and do it yestarday already! This is just ridiculous and requires hotfix.

if you ask me no stun should last any longer than 5 seconds

Sure it affects you rarely if you are already 50 or play on pve server. On pvp server while leveling and meeting hostile player on equal level i expect equal fight, not specific classes domination and being on their mercy if they are going to let me quest or not just becouse they have in their arsenal a broken pve ment ability they can use on players (both avatar and companion are players' characters and are meant as complementation of avatar's weaknesses)

rightly noted

pvp 1-49 is what needs to be competitve and if its not then the game is broken and has no competetive value

... good call

i am 50 already but i did lvl on a PvP server and am currently lvling my alt ( once u hit BM warzones arnt really as fun as they could be nor do u really gain much both of which are bigger issues then fixing world PvP while lvling)

and your wong companions are not players' charecters they are just that ur companion

and a robotic NPC.

i aknowledged the fact that this is an issue tha bioware should consider but ur original statement of

"Otherwise your game is just a mockery of competetive pvp gameplay." is just plain wrong

All MMOs are balanced for max lvl as they should be so as long as max lvl game play is competitive then the game is competitive.

as said b4 i agree this is a problem but calling this gamebreaking is very humerous

Edited by Cubertt

rightly noted

pvp 1-49 is what needs to be competitve and if its not then the game is broken and has no competetive value

... good call

You are loosing point in your own sarcastic way of thinking. Let me guide you a bit:

Point is to fix broken things that would make game better. If it doesnt require a lot of work and doesnt pull more problems with its implementation it should be a priority fix. Changing companions character attribute to the same as players have when confronted with CC mechanic doesnt require a lot fo work and doesnt pull any problems with its implementation. Yet you just love to use sarcasm cause it makes people look smarter. Be my guest.

You are loosing point in your own sarcastic way of thinking. Let me guide you a bit:

Point is to fix broken things that would make game better. If it doesnt require a lot of work and doesnt pull more problems with its implementation it should be a priority fix. Changing companions character attribute to the same as players have when confronted with CC mechanic doesnt require a lot fo work and doesnt pull any problems with its implementation. Yet you just love to use sarcasm cause it makes people look smarter. Be my guest.

lol have u not been reading my psts at all in 80% of them

I SAID I AGREE WITH U THAT THIS SHOULD BE ADRESSED. u obviously havnt been reading anything ive said if thats ur response

lol u say that it would be easy,

doesnt it seem that making all ur wins in warzones count to be an easy problem to fix?

well guess what wins havnt been counting for a long *** time, so mabey these "easy fixes" that u suggest need to take a back burner to bigger issues like the one stated above.

you can write so you should be able to read well, i just dont understand.

Edited by Cubertt

With 60s duration it is a nice example of I-win button, unless they are incompetent or heavily outgeared. It's not counterable, as far as I know.

I-win buttons are bad.

It should have same duration on companions as it has on players.

Edited by Riulassher

Currently, I'm a lvl 42 BH doing OW PVP on Ilum. I prey on enemy questers and I always open with a pet mez. I've had close to 100 battles so far and would like to note that win or lose, the enemy's pet stays mezzed. Most of the time. There have been about 10 fights where I noted that shortly after engaging the main player (not the pet), the enemy's pet has joined the fight. I am not doing AEs, so I know I'm not breaking the mez. I must conclude that a small portion of lvl 50s have figured out how to counter my tactic and break their pet's mez.

How they are doing this, I don't know. I just know that it's being done. That means that they have either discovered an exploit (i doubt this) or that they know about some game mechanic that allows them to counter my mez because they are a better player than me. I believe this to be the case, which means I believe the OP is just ignorant of top level pvp tactics. If BW does nothing to support the OP's position, then they are sending a signal that this aspect of pvp is "as designed". Only time will tell. Or perhaps a PvPer will divulge the tactic to unmez their pet.

EDIT: I just realized one other possiblity. I use Gault as my pet during these fights. My Gault has been known to attack things he should not be attacking: like friendly faction guards in friendly bases during duels. I have obeserved this only 2 or 3 times on my way upto 42. There is a small chance that this bugged Gault is breaking the mez. But I have not observed him doing this during these fights.

Edited by riny