Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So how long is 'Give them time...'?

Voorshwa

Im just sick and tired of hearing everyone complaining. If you dont like the game don't play it! Majority of us enjoy it! I plan on playing swtor for a very long time!

Translation: "you cannot validate your opinion by ************ on this forum! But I can validate my opinion by assuming that most people feel the way I do!"

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for all the people that are saying 'Give them time to do X...', how much time should we be giving them before we say enough is enough? This isn't a troll or a negative post, I'm just trying to pinpoint when we should be fed up.

Are we saying 6 months? 9 months? A year?

Personally, I think if there isn't a significant turnaround in 6 months then you seriously have to consider if the game has a long term future. I think after 6 months that you have to really start looking at Server Merges, forced faction balances, etc.

I truly don't want to see any of those things, but after so long you can't use the argument 'Give them time...' anymore. What are your thoughts?

V

Why do you need a general consensus of when "we" are fed up?

Use your own personal barometer and make a personal decision based on your subjective needs.

The question in the title is what everyone who is dissatisfied with the game in it's current state has to answer for themselves.

And after you've answered it, ask yourself something else.

Is the amount of time I deemed "enough" less than the amount of time the game has been released? If yes - why am I still here ************ about it, and not elsewhere playing a game I enjoy more?

Translation: "you cannot validate your opinion by ************ on this forum! But I can validate my opinion by assuming that most people feel the way I do!"

But seriously why is so hard for people to just stop playing if they don't like the game ?

I understand its fun to go back are fourth on the forums , but com'on there has to be a limit ?

I think they like the game and just like fighting on the boards more IMHO

Edited by Selaik

First time poster here. My advice, 2 months really isn't long for anything. I'll tell you a story. I also play DC Universe Online. heavily on the PS3. Different beast with a console. They've got it much easier Programming for a PC than the PS3. DCU had a lot of great potential at the beginning. Fun gameplay, highly customizable characters, PvP mechanics are the best of anything I've played so far. But it hit a rough patch with the hack and layoffs and stuff. It just celebrated it's 1 year Anniversary. Now, there is LOTS of content, another big endgame content patch coming out in about a week, and lots of stuff to do. If you think 2 months is too much time for things to get turned around, I'd lower my expectations a bit. 6 months to a year, and you'll see where this is going.

So for all the people that are saying 'Give them time to do X...', how much time should we be giving them before we say enough is enough? This isn't a troll or a negative post, I'm just trying to pinpoint when we should be fed up.

Personally, I think if there isn't a significant turnaround in 6 months then you seriously have to consider if the game has a long term future. I think after 6 months that you have to really start looking at Server Merges, forced faction balances, etc.

I truly don't want to see any of those things, but after so long you can't use the argument 'Give them time...' anymore. What are your thoughts?

V

6 months is a good time frame to see a couple of the major issues dealt with. I can already see they're working on some like the Character responsiveness issue. Fixes take time.

First time poster here. My advice, 2 months really isn't long for anything. I'll tell you a story. I also play DC Universe Online. heavily on the PS3. Different beast with a console. They've got it much easier Programming for a PC than the PS3. DCU had a lot of great potential at the beginning. Fun gameplay, highly customizable characters, PvP mechanics are the best of anything I've played so far. But it hit a rough patch with the hack and layoffs and stuff. It just celebrated it's 1 year Anniversary. Now, there is LOTS of content, another big endgame content patch coming out in about a week, and lots of stuff to do. If you think 2 months is too much time for things to get turned around, I'd lower my expectations a bit. 6 months to a year, and you'll see where this is going.

Yeah, they got hacked good, how long couldnt ppl log in?

Yeah, they got hacked good, how long couldnt ppl log in?

A month at least. And then there were layoffs. DCU had almost no development team at one time. They switched creative leads, got some people hired, took their time and got content out quickly as possible, and the game is really starting to get its legs now. There is lots of stuff to do, their subscription base has gone up by like, 500% I think I read. Just goes to show you, 2 months isn't a whole lot of time to get anything started as far as an MMO. I stuck with DCU and it's a jewel now. I'm sure BW will do the same for Star Wars

Edited by AmericanNate

A month at least. And then there were layoffs. DCU had almost no development team at one time. They switched creative leads, got some people hired, took their time and got content out quickly as possible, and the game is really starting to get its legs now. There is lots of stuff to do, their subscription base has gone up by like, 500% I think I read. Just goes to show you, 2 months isn't a whole lot of time to get anything started as far as an MMO. I stuck with DCU and it's a jewel now. I'm sure BW will do the same for Star Wars

i agree, i like the game :D:D

this is one of the more idiotic things i keep seeing people post that isnt actually a joke.

a lot of people actually think that differing opinions shouldnt be posted or mentioned at all...

a lot of you need to look into the dangers of a thing called "groupthink".

Really? So the tendency of the person I quoted to basically tell people left and right that since they like the game they should leave the forums doesn't fall into that category?

i agree, i like the game :D:D

A really good laugh is I see these exact same posts on the DCU forum boards. A LOT! You can please some people some of the time, but never all of the people, all of the time. Same as I see other posters "I quit" posts over there. They're all back, a week later, posting about how "X Powerset is OP in PvP aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh". Some people.

I expect them to be making solid progress within 6 months (which is what I subbed for). I have a lot of other distractions to keep me busy other than TOR though, so I may be more patient than others.

Agreed. With work, fiancee and my DCU league, I've got my hands full. I'm only at Lvl 23 atm, and it's slow going for me since I'm a League Officer for DC and one of our league's crafters, not to mention spearheading our PvP teams. But this is a nice distraction for when that game burns me out. I'm liking it so far. But I'm also taking my time...

A really good laugh is I see these exact same posts on the DCU forum boards. A LOT! You can please some people some of the time, but never all of the people, all of the time. Same as I see other posters "I quit" posts over there. They're all back, a week later, posting about how "X Powerset is OP in PvP aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh". Some people.

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

Actual quote, just for reference.

now see this is exactly what i said about that other guy (Bukakahoric) just now.

the people that are complaining are still into it and are bothering to mention what they dont like hoping it gets changed.

people like you and that other guy up there will just stay silent and quit instead of suggesting changes and sticking around to see them impliemted.

complaints arent as bad a thing as people like you make them out to be...not nearly.

nothing is ever as simple as people like you *cough* (make it out to be).

The exception being the kind of person who is clear with his/her intent to quit the game and to simply use the remainder of his/her sub time on the forums to trash talk the game. I'm not talking about people who voice concerns about things they don't like. I'm talking about people who constantly try to make the game seem worse off than it is even if that means lying and ignoring any evidence that disproves their inaccurate claims.

Edited by Runeshard

I've been saying that from the start. Things take time. If someone rushes the content they'll never be satisfied because developers cannot push content at their rate of consumption.

V

They had years and the last year they were working on "Polish" as they say. The game should have been in better shape. I had high hopes for SWTOR, but you can plainly see BW put their money into Voiceover and at endgame there's nothing to do but boring Wz grinds, a laggy boring aoe fest in Illum grinding, or easy heroic fps, operations. You're geared up in a week or so. I gave them 2 months, they get no more money from me. I can already see how they are with communicating with the community, and how they break the game even worse every patch, because they don't really keep it on the PTR long enough to make sure it doesn't break stuff on live. It's unacceptable, and I expect higher standards for a game of 2012. I probably would have put up with it if it were 2004 but not today.

I unsubbed yesterday, will not pay for a new month.

I will wait for patch 1.2, and if that does not bring incentive to log in most days of the week for me, then it will be the end of SWTOR for me, i will not wait for them toget their **** together if they fail with patch 1.2

Oh well, since i am no longer paying for the game, i dont really care what happens in-betwen the patches, but i do hope that 1.2 will be a good patch that will bring me back.

What do you want to se in patch 1.2?:

Enough things to do solo outside of Operations to keep me busy and entertained, incentive to log in every day. Daily commendation quests only lasts you 15 days if you do it for character progression, nothing to do with the daily commendations after that unless you feel like gearing up companions. Something like faction reputation grind or anything else with a good reward for it, would be incentive enough for me to log in and grind.

New Operations tier with bosses that will be rewarding to beat. And most of all, i hope they will have diffrent mechanics in diffrent difficulty modes. Going from normal to nightmare w/out seing anything new with an encounter is like "*** IS THIS SHI*"

PvP warzone rebalancing (not class balancing) medals should be gives out for completing warzone objectives, not for beating on as many players as possible.

They had years and the last year they were working on "Polish" as they say. The game should have been in better shape. I had high hopes for SWTOR, but you can plainly see BW put their money into Voiceover and at endgame there's nothing to do but boring Wz grinds, a laggy boring aoe fest in Illum grinding, or easy heroic fps, operations. You're geared up in a week or so. I gave them 2 months, they get no more money from me. I can already see how they are with communicating with the community, and how they break the game even worse every patch, because they don't really keep it on the PTR long enough to make sure it doesn't break stuff on live. It's unacceptable, and I expect higher standards for a game of 2012. I probably would have put up with it if it were 2004 but not today.

I agree wholeheartedly, this is 2012, not 2004. Gamers have become stricter when it comes down to what they play and pay for.

To me it is clear that Bioware missed that point and thaught that their bugriddled game with sadface enda-game would appeas players. Well they are not getting a single $$ from me again untill they add enough entertainment to the game, to make it worth it (that means incentive to log in every day of the week, right now theres nothing to do outside of Operations, and even then you are done after 2-4 hours with both KP and EV, yay, grind borefest pvp? no thanks.)

Yes i have completed Nightmare modes, im not a hardcore player in SWTOR; im just someone that can play really well, and that goes formy other 7 guildmates that also unsubbed due to having nothing else to do than PVPing.

Edited by Miothan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.