Guild Summit Application Status

DavidBass

Yup, which means I won't be able to go despite it being so close. Wife is in the Air Force and we'd need more notice to get leave approval.

Oh well, next time... maybe.

Agreed. This is an issue that will need to be addressed, if this is ever done again. Giving us just a month's notice was bad enough. To drop that to a couple of weeks is not only poor planning on their part, but inconsiderate. Since this is not a free-to-play game, my assumption is that most of us are either employed, or have other responsibilities that cannot just be dropped at a moments notice. Also, airline tickets are significantly more expensive, if you wait until the week or so, before you intend to go.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so it looks like I am going, assuming I can take the two days off of work. Even if I couldn't, I would send another member in my place (even have a few that live in Austin).

I am going to collect as many questions from my members as I can and just see how many I can get through at the Summit. I am hoping there will be plenty of round table meetings where we can just participate in a two-way conversation with the devs and provide constructive critis...I mean, feedback about the game :D

As this is a "Guild Summit" the top questions I have will be regarding improved guild "quality of life" features (Guild bank is coming, so that leave, Guild activity log, in game calendar/message board, guild "identity" options, guild achievements, etc...). But we will also want to bring up questions about the game in general Such as Crafting improvements, PvP improvements (especially open world PvP), general bug fixes, overall "quality of life" improvments, and of course, additional content for players who have finished their class quests.

So, I am looking forward to having this opportunity to help shape the games future and meet some of my fellow TOR players. It's rare that a Developer would set something like this up so early after a games release, and I think it bodes well for TOR's future.

I was accepted, 100 player guild, casually running ops for the most part, some pvpers, medium pop PVE server

Also, as I stated before in the other thread, I'm more than happy to offer suggestions on behalf of those that aren't able to attend or got wait-listed, if you send me a PM, I'll give you an email address to send your list to.

Edited by DagorBragollach

My two cents, thrown to the table, never requested, never desired, but there to be used as you may please.

There is a lot of argument on guild size and why some guilds were selected over others; over how much better or worse it makes your guild from selection.

A guild's worth is not determined by its size.

A guild's size does not determine the amount of voices it can hear.

Anyone with eyes and ears can see the issues with this game, level 50 or level 10.

All anyone has to do is look at these forums, look at the major issues this game has.

This game has a great potential, if you could deny this, then why are you here still now?

Everyone expects something out of this game.

Now is not the time for people to be focused on themselves.

This is not the time to nit-pick at little bugs.

This is not a Summit to prove that your guild is better than the others.

This is not about an individual guild's rank, size, goal, wants, or grievances.

It is not the time to try to gain some since of superiority or status from being some part of an 'elite' selection.

It is a time to focus on the big issues, issues that shatter the community of this game.

Issues that stop this game from being near what it can be.

This is a chance for players to talk to the developers themselves; to ask questions in a situation that allows no room for dismissal.

A chance to talk to a human being rather then some automated 'droid'.

A chance to talk in a situation with out a waiting list or a chance of your voice not being acknowledged.

This is a true opportunity, invited or not, to present big questions, that are often ignored or brushed aside, in a situation where they are required to actually be answered.

This is something bigger then any guild. This is about the community as a whole. The game as a whole.

I can only ever truly speak for myself, but I know that the more people realize this, the more productive this meeting could be.

It is an opportunity that should not be swindled. So, I personally request from every leader going to remember that this is something bigger than your guild. This is something bigger than you. This is something that could decide the direction this game takes.

Let the community as a whole be heard as best as possible with the opportunity we have been given.

For those of you who took the time to read this wall of text in full, you have my gratitude.

Edited by BelialSempai

This is something bigger then any guild. This is about the community as a whole. The game as a whole.

I can only ever truly speak for myself, but I know that the more people realize this, the more productive this meeting could be.

It is an opportunity that should not be swindled. So, I personally request from every leader going to remember that this is something bigger than your guild. This is something bigger than you. This is something that could decide the direction this game takes.

THIS is why I am going, not because I am some silly fangirl. Things need to be fixed but I am excited to be able to actually get some face to face time and see what their answers are to these problems.

All emails have now been sent out. Please check your inboxes if you applied for the Guild Summit, and email guilds@swtor.com if you do not receive an email within the next hour or so.

For those who have been put on the waitlist, we'll contact you sometime within the next week if a space opens up for your guild.

For those who did not apply but are anxiously awaiting more details about the Summit and the livestream, we'll be providing that once we're much closer to the event. For now, I can tell you that the livestream will run on Monday, March 5th for the majority of the morning and afternoon. Once we nail down the exact schedule, we'll provide it to you so you can plan around it if necessary.

Thanks again to everyone who applied! We look forward to seeing you in Austin or on the livestream!

Just two questions

1) Was every guild that applied put on a waiting list? Or was this a select few

2) Is there a way we can find out what position we are on the list?

Thank you for your time.

Why not help out those people that can't come by broadcasting the meeting virtually so that the people and guilds that arent accepted can still somewhat attend?

They are.

:D

Just a note on that: the entire event will not be livestreamed. It seems Bioware will try to stream as much as possible, but they won't be able to stream everything.