Guild Summit Application Status

DavidBass

Also "Waitlisted".

Also live pretty close and would not have required airfare or accommodations.

I would like to know how many RP guilds from non-RP servers or RP-Servers got invited. I would also like to see how the server list invites compare to, as mentioned, "pro" or high-pop guilds, or PvP guilds. Not to be contrary, but to see where their dev community is looking to focus it's efforts.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Accepted

What will you be discussing with Bioware

As the guild system is very basic at best

- Calender?

- Mail?

- Symbols/logos?

- Guild Base/Ship/station?

Just curious as to what people feel are the most important aspects relating to it

However I get the feeling there will be more talk about other things, then Guilds.

Wait, is this a Summit about guilds, or a summit with people from guilds talking about the game?

I've noticed a lot of comments about "pro" guilds, but just to let you guys in ... our guild has all of 11 members. We're yes on a PVP server, but we are not by any means a hardcore pvp guild. (I think we have one hardcore member, but we just poke fun at him all the time :p) They look very much like they've taken a varied selection of guilds ... but what do I know?

I've noticed a lot of comments about "pro" guilds, but just to let you guys in ... our guild has all of 11 members. We're yes on a PVP server, but we are not by any means a hardcore pvp guild. (I think we have one hardcore member, but we just poke fun at him all the time :p) They look very much like they've taken a varied selection of guilds ... but what do I know?

You will notice I differentiated the two. I am sure there will be hi-pop guilds, and pvp guilds. You fall in the latter, hardcore or not. My concern is whether BW is going to fall into the standard MMO dev trap of ignoring RP servers and guilds. I would like to see some considerations for these gamers, as they do fill a fair amount of the player base, just like PvE'rs and PvP'rs.

You will notice I differentiated the two. I am sure there will be hi-pop guilds, and pvp guilds. You fall in the latter, hardcore or not. My concern is whether BW is going to fall into the standard MMO dev trap of ignoring RP servers and guilds. I would like to see some considerations for these gamers, as they do fill a fair amount of the player base, just like PvE'rs and PvP'rs.

I am sure they have a rounded group of GM's but if you want, message me anything you want brought up and I will try to do so! Like Claena, we are a guild of about 30 members that are on a PvP server but are well rounded in our activities. Being from a smaller guild I defiantly understand the need for every sides voice to be heard.

I am sure they have a rounded group of GM's but if you want, message me anything you want brought up and I will try to do so! Like Claena, we are a guild of about 30 members that are on a PvP server but are well rounded in our activities. Being from a smaller guild I defiantly understand the need for every sides voice to be heard.

Will do. Our server community was pooling some questions from the guild's members, so I will PM you a list. Thanks a ton!

Will do. Our server community was pooling some questions from the guild's members, so I will PM you a list. Thanks a ton!

For sure feel free to send it to me as well, I happen to play on an RP server as well, PVP is not my main focus but because my husband and guild are all pvp fans we're mostly located on a pvp server :p

I happen to adore RP myself

I am abit surprised that a guild with 11 people, and 30 people would even get invited to a guild summit, sure you have your views and goals on things.

But then you have the massive guilds who have about 200 members, and 40-60 minimum online at every hour of the day, not counting early hours or late hours though, but peak activity.

But then again BW hasn't done anything right yet really, so im not surprised their not doing it right now either.

I am abit surprised that a guild with 11 people, and 30 people would even get invited to a guild summit, sure you have your views and goals on things.

But then you have the massive guilds who have about 200 members, and 40-60 minimum online at every hour of the day, not counting early hours or late hours though, but peak activity.

But then again BW hasn't done anything right yet really, so im not surprised their not doing it right now either.

Smaller does not mean not active. I have over 35 days worth f play time across my main and alts. My guild also has an alliance with a larger guild as well so we do play a role.

Smaller does not mean not active. I have over 35 days worth f play time across my main and alts. My guild also has an alliance with a larger guild as well so we do play a role.

Yes, but its not your "alliance" with other guilds thats getting an alliance, its your guild.

There should seriously be some stricter criteria to be invited to something like this if BioWare / EA is supposed to listen to what the players have to say and make changes to the game based on idea's comming from these people.

But then again we have all seen how ****edup things can get when some people get to much power.

God knows i've seen my share of rejects in the eve online CSM through the 8½ years i've played it.

Sounds like you are annoyed you didnt get invited

Guilds come in all sizes, big and small, not every guild who got invited will be 11 or 30 members, its most likely a sample.

And your right, smaller guilds may have different goals same as bigger guilds, but more ina guild does not mean more important then a small sized guild. Its not how many you have in your guild thats important, its who you have and what you do :)

Yes, but its not your "alliance" with other guilds thats getting an alliance, its your guild.

There should seriously be some stricter criteria to be invited to something like this if BioWare / EA is supposed to listen to what the players have to say and make changes to the game based on idea's comming from these people.

But then again we have all seen how ****edup things can get when some people get to much power.

God knows i've seen my share of rejects in the eve online CSM through the 8½ years i've played it.

Fact of the matter is, there are an abundance of smaller guilds across all the servers, our opinions are just as valid as those with 100+ members. Not only that but we can offer viewpoints of the players we see and deal with. We also have regular contact on a day to day basis with our members, ALL of them, one on one. Something a larger guild master probably couldn't say. At least in my position, I work with every one of my guild members daily, offering help, advice, and working as a group to achieve our goals. Fact of the matter is, if people want to be butt hurt over not getting picked they're going to be butt hurt. No skin off my nose.

I applied, got the waitlist thing. I would have been happy to go, but I do save myself a grand in plane/food/hotel by not getting to go so it's a wash.

I'd have liked to hear what they have to say and provide input based on what my guild is asking/talking about, but either way, I'm sure someone will bring it up at the meeting.

I still may cancel my pre-order however. Oh wait. Dang it.

Edited by Gumstumdar

Agreed.

The point should not be catering to the 200 member Ops running guild full of 50's... because all they will ask for is more endgame content, and that worked soooooo well for WoW, right?

The point of the summit, for those "lolwutwhy" asking, should be to get a group of guild leaders from all walks of the game, poll some of the ideas, and hopefully implement some of the suggestions to make the game better for all. A 100+ member prog end-game guild or PvP guild is not going to want the same things as my 50-man heavy RP and story guild.

The game is 60 days old, folks. complaining that BW/EA has "screwed things up" when they are still working out the kinks is just entitlist. A summit like this helps the community give constructive feedback, rather than the forum "rhetoric" we have come to expect from most game communities. This way, they can look the person in the eye, instead of auto-piloting through forum thread after thread, locking them down when they become a troll- or flame-fest.

How about we go into it with an open mind and see if they can do what they set out to do.

Edited to correct language. Also, I might be a little butt-hurt about not going, but I am excited for those who do.

Edited by Kestulefa

I'd like to point something out here, i do no play SWTOR anymore really, but i'm still subbed, hence why i can post.

And no i wouldn't vote for more content because the content thats out now is already borked and with every new patch they put out, they bork more than they fixed because their so eager to release s........... that hasn't been properly internally tested.

But back to the topic.

I'd perhaps go along with a 30 man guild getting a summit invite, but a 11 man guild ? , please, its a narrow minded community who mostly all share the same idea's , the point of the 100-200 man guilds, even though they might not know everyone on a 1on1 basis, but why should they also do that ? , i'm in a 200+ guild my self on a EU server, but alot of those people i know from former games the guild have been playing, but your correct i do not know everyone since we have all been playing different games and will continue to do so.

That is why their needs to be stricter criteria's for a guild summit, 1 person taking up a spot and she's representing 10 other people.....

SO let me get this straight, they are inviting game fan bois to the "event" so they can lick their boots and tell them how shiny and grand and perfect their game is?

People who actually got an invite, save your money, if you are really going to spend it on this crap you should really sort out your life priorities.

SO let me get this straight, they are inviting game fan bois to the "event" so they can lick their boots and tell them how shiny and grand and perfect their game is?

People who actually got an invite, save your money, if you are really going to spend it on this crap you should really sort out your life priorities.

I have my priorities clear. I don't kiss anyone's backside but I DO intend to go there in hopes of discussing the future of SWTOR and talk about improvements and really, I represent my friends, guildmates and my fellow gamers / SWTOR community. Not necessarily in that order.

If you're going, I'll see you in Austin shortly.

If they want to go let them but I really hope they dont just be suck ups and get questions that will make the game better for EVERYONE.

Would be nice to know how Bioware picked them. Was it just a hat with names or did they pick only players that post I love this game posts or onlt players that have logged in over 30 hours in the game etc.

I think Bioware is just using it as a publicity stunt by picking who they want to go and acting as if its a general population of players.

Rest assured, at least in my case, I am not "connected" with Bioware or E.A. so they don't know my history and have not likely picked me based on my past exploits.

I suspect the picking was based on the essays that people sent in, though that would be as much speculation as anything else.

As for questions, I hope much will be discussed for the general good but here's a face: Can't please all the people, all of the time. Bioware will do, in my estimation, what is best for the community and thus the business. If they had no interest in hearing from the most vocal players in a face to face capacity, I do not believe they would have hosted this. They certainly are not under obligation to do so and this is far more than any MMO development group has done for a game this early in launch.

I expect good things above and beyond what I've already seen.

Oh and, just a mention. Liking the game as it is, knowing that it will only get better doesn't make someone a "boot-licker". It means I love Star Wars, whole-cloth, I'm not looking to nit-pick it to death and try to say what it shouldn't have had and what it should have had.

And being bitter and negative about people who are going to attend because you can't be sure your voice will be heard isn't going to change things. A little positivity goes a long way and feels a lot better than simmering hate.

We're going to help the game get better and better, I know it.

Rest assured, at least in my case, I am not "connected" with Bioware or E.A. so they don't know my history and have not likely picked me based on my past exploits.

I suspect the picking was based on the essays that people sent in, though that would be as much speculation as anything else.

As for questions, I hope much will be discussed for the general good but here's a face: Can't please all the people, all of the time. Bioware will do, in my estimation, what is best for the community and thus the business. If they had no interest in hearing from the most vocal players in a face to face capacity, I do not believe they would have hosted this. They certainly are not under obligation to do so and this is far more than any MMO development group has done for a game this early in launch.

I expect good things above and beyond what I've already seen.

Oh and, just a mention. Liking the game as it is, knowing that it will only get better doesn't make someone a "boot-licker". It means I love Star Wars, whole-cloth, I'm not looking to nit-pick it to death and try to say what it shouldn't have had and what it should have had.

And being bitter and negative about people who are going to attend because you can't be sure your voice will be heard isn't going to change things. A little positivity goes a long way and feels a lot better than simmering hate.

We're going to help the game get better and better, I know it.

Would rather them do whats best for the game so they can make more money in the long run.

It's a shame they couldn't pick a space that could accommodate more people. One person per guild isn't a lot when you think about it. Maybe 2000 guilds submitted an application. Out of those, probably only 25% would actually be able to go. They should be able to find a space for 500 people. My math is based on speculation, however, so I could be wrong. I definitely would have spent more time on my application if I knew they planned on being so selective.

My guild was going to make an event out of it. We had members who were going to go to Austin even though they couldn't participate in the summit. Since I didn't get an invite, however, the whole thing has been cancelled.

I just hope the live stream of the summit doesn't consist of people asking redundant questions like "are we going to be able to dual spec?", "is there going to be a guild bank?", and "are there any plans for ranked warzones?"...

ANd lets hope the answer will not be we want to add that to the game in the future and we are working on that currently and we can give away any details on anything just yet.

Would really love it if someone made a ship droid and had it talk none stop until one of the Bioware personnel scream SHUT THAT F'ING DROID UP

Edited by Emeda

I can understand wanting a fair variety, but i assume this summit is about looking for ideas of priority things they need to fix, and Highend bored raiders is a demographic of people that likely wont be playing by the march update.. so why wouldnt you want to hear those opinions more than the casual RP guild opinion

Additionally most players dont start losing interest till they hit 50, the story ends, and they have to start dealing with the badly designed endgame, so i would go ahead and say that non-50 leveling guilds also dont need representation either, because they are still enthralled with the story and arent actively seeking problems with the game.

i kinda figured that most of the top15 or so ranked US guilds would get invited (im not discrediting EU guilds, im just saying that its a -bit- more expensive for them to attend, so the % of people coming from EU would naturally be lower), but after seeing a waitlisted invite in my and the other GM of my guilds emails, that wasnt the case (US 13 btw).

Now they wouldnt want to fill a room with disgruntled, bored people on the verge of quitting already. But i would not see the point in filling a room with complacent yes-men(yes-people? yes-persons?) that would just accept any terrible idea being thrown around without questioning it.

I am curious to see if any high end guilds got an invite, because im kinda starting to doubt they did.

This summit is starting to feel like a reveal, like hey, we want to announce new things, but we dont want to have a room full of people questioning us there when we do it! be excited! and ignore those tons of people quitting already and dont bring them up!

ANd lets hope the answer will not be we want to add that to the game in the future and we are working on that currently and we can give away any details on anything just yet.

Would really love it if someone made a ship droid and had it talk none stop until one of the Bioware personnel scream SHUT THAT F'ING DROID UP

"If you've noticed the scent of burning wiring, I've programmed the air scrubber to simulate it, to remind you of that droid you disintegrated Master..."