Warning: Do not play a melee if you want to have post 50.

JonnyLoveMachine

You will be punished for it later after 50.

WZ: You will be a human ping pong in every BG. You might be able to take a caster here and there but that is only 1v1.

PVE: You will not be taken to ANY end game content as you are just a liability due to terrible mechanics that punish melee.

Other problems with this pile:

IA Nerf with out fixing their sustainability.

Water Nerf with out giving Non Hybrid classes a decent out of combat heal that doesn't break on dot damage.

Leaving combat in a WZ with no one around you is LOL.

Huttball HORRIBLY designed for ANY melee to play in.

Let's talk about the RESOLVE BAR THAT DOESNT WORK. Yup.. full resolve.. np.. enjoy the free knock back or stun.

TLDR: SWTOR = F2P in less than 6 months. Once they realize all they have left is Sorc/Sages + Merc / Comm's + Tank classes. Amazing how terrible this game continues to be. You had 2 months start fixing it. All you have done is made stuff worse.

The problem is in the last 2 months they have done nothing but nerf things with out actually fixing any of the problems. That is where the disappointment comes in. I don't mind a new game lacking features and bugs. What I do mind is the lack of foresight on their part when they do changes. It just shows me their dev team either has a dart board or they have no idea what they are doing.

INC BIOFAIL FANBOI BRIDGADE - All because they haven't hit 50 yet and have seen how broken the end game is.

Before L2P PVP - Pics are included from no less than an hour ago. All top PVP'ers on our server. Notice where I rank. I can kill these guys 1v1 most of the time. But I can't equal them in group combat.

Pics of my PVP:

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2zi0nsk.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/35iq6h2.jpg

Pic of what the Game is about to become:

http://i41.tinypic.com/35k0hg3.png

/flamesuit on

Edited by JonnyLoveMachine

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing people talking about how op sith marauders are. Might even be fotm. You seem like one of those players who only enjoy fotm, try rolling one of those..

I am one of the best Marauders on my server. I top most meters (objectives included). The problem is that if I played a Sorc... I would own the crap out of my marauder.

Edited by JonnyLoveMachine

I hate to call you out, but your post is not very well informed and you need to go back playing another game, like maybe for the SNES.

With 1.7+ million people that RESUBBED this game is not going anywhere, especially F2P anytime soon.

Maybe you just don't know how to use your abilities correctly? I know that when I pvp I am about 2:1 kd ratio.

Don't blame the game because you don't have a clue. This isn't wow, you can't just sit there in PVP and press buttons.

Edited by Trineda
removed inflammatory comment

Force Charge would like to have a word with you.

Oh you mean the 15 second CD one that if ANYONE blows a knockback any where near you.. you are now on the floor. Then you have 15 seconds to get back to them, which completely negates your resolve bar so they can do it again to you. You mean that one?

As a Sage, the class I fear and hate the most are the melee DPS. Tons of gap closers, relatively tanky, and dogged in staying with you once they decide to not leave you alone. If I'm forced to spend all my CD's kiting the melee DPS sith to avoid getting blown up, I'm not hurting his team or healing my own, and thus he is helping his team tremendously. Yea he won't have 500K dmg dealt, but to say they are useless is beyond a stretch of the imagination.

Wow, OP. Cry more? Sure it can be insane being ping-ponged around, but trust me... Huttball is fine for melee.

And how many Ops have you done without a tank? That would just be LOL in itself.

If you can't compete as a melee, that's your problem. I have no problems.

Edited by Khryn
Derped out on "can't"

You really are that stupid aren't you. You mean the 1.7 SUBBED who were in their first month of FREE GUARANTEED SUB when that was published. EVERYONE who purchased, registered, playing were subbed. Do you come in a less stupid size? Or is it Big Gulp Only?

Yeah, you shouldn't be calling people stupid when your reading comprehension is lacking in what was actually said by Bioware about the 1.7 million subs.:rolleyes:

psst, to give you a hint, most people, as stated by bioware, already started their second month as of the day the 1.7 million was reached.

Edited by Wolfeisberg

Examples? Some trees are melee with some ranged capabilities, but no AC has a full melee AND full ranged talent tree option.

I'm pretty sure Shadows/Assassins and Knights/Warriors are pure melee. All of the other ACs can perform melee attacks but they aren't really as optimal. Vanguards and Powertechs are in the 10 meter range but they can be out of that range without crippling themselves. Warriors and Knights can't do that.

You will be punished for it later after 50.

WZ: You will be a human ping pong in every BG. You might be able to take a caster here and there but that is only 1v1.

PVE: You will not be taken to ANY end game content as you are just a liability due to terrible mechanics that punish melee.

Other problems with this pile:

IA Nerf with out fixing their sustainability.

Water Nerf with out giving Non Hybrid classes a decent out of combat heal that doesn't break on dot damage.

Leaving combat in a WZ with no one around you is LOL.

Huttball HORRIBLY designed for ANY melee to play in.

TLDR: SWTOR = F2P in less than 6 months. Once they realize all they have left is Sorc/Sages + Merc / Comm's + Tank classes. Amazing how terrible this game continues to be. You had 2 months start fixing it. All you have done is made stuff worse.

INC BIOFAIL FANBOI BRIDGADE - All because they haven't hit 50 yet and have seen how broken the end game is.

/flamesuit on

I really have to disagree with you as far as the PVE front bro. I have an OP and I get invited to a lot of raids. I know there is no damage meter but I see the numbers I punch out on a boss when I pop trinket and catch all my cooldowns perfect and it is just so fun. As far as survivability I think it just boils down to knowing the encounter. I've done multiple flashpoints with 2 melee dps and it went along just fine.

As far as PVP i wouldn't know but if you are melee I would think you would have to keep a head on the swivel mentality and try and stick with groups to maximize your effectiveness.

Edited by Darcedge

Wow, OP. Cry more? Sure it can be insane being ping-ponged around, but trust me... Huttball is fine for melee.

And how many Ops have you done without a tank? That would just be LOL in itself.

If you can compete as a melee, that's your problem. I have no problems.

I have done plenty of HM's with out a tank.