Why doesnt anyone QQ about my gunslinger(Sniper)???

mlinder

Every other class gets a multi-page QQ thread...no one have any complaints about us?

Mercs/commandos get multiple multi-page posts

Sorcs/sages are the mack daddy of QQ posts

Scound/Ops people still think are OP

Vans/PT get the occasional whine about guard

Guard/Jugg even share some of the love about 9k AOE crits

me and my sentinal brothers and sisters feel left out :( :( :(

Edited by mlinder

because we are "balanced" (=easy to counter, easy to kill, less utility then other classes, unable to heal ourselves) and people are afraid that if they start complaining about snipers everyone will call them complete noobs :D

Because the gunslinger, even more than Sniper (I recently rerolled from one to the other) are NOT noticeable. Many (like me) play opportunistically, and you don't notice WHO was it that just spiked you for 10k damage.

So shhhhh... I'm lining up a shot at a sorcerer here!

Because the gunslinger, even more than Sniper (I recently rerolled from one to the other) are NOT noticeable. Many (like me) play opportunistically, and you don't notice WHO was it that just spiked you for 10k damage.

So shhhhh... I'm lining up a shot at a sorcerer here!

^ This.

The only time I actually notice a sniper/gunslinger is:

A) When they're camped up on the ramp on OUR side in Huttball and I want them to get knocked off to prevent a pass.

B) When they're camped in a corner right next to a door in Voidstar and I can easily see their coverscreen.

C) When they're terrible and literally camp right in the middle of a fight in one of the WZs.

Every other time, it takes me more than a bit to realize that I keep getting potshotted from somewhere, especially in a really big battle like, say, the mid-turret on Alderaan.

Snipers/Gunslinger are REALLY good at taking out that low-health target just as they think they're safe.

Well played Snipers/Gunslingers scare me a lot as a healer, 'cause I honestly don't see them until it's too late and closing a 35m gap as a Scoundrel is a death sentence in itself.

Honestly, though, I don't pay much attention to a lot of the nerf threads, but I think that might be because I'm a Scoundrel healer and I expect to die pretty quick from everything anyway. Buff threads, however, as well as threads that promote more diverse roles/skillset I support.

There're some cool things they could do with sniper/gunslingers I think. I think having a 'cover regen' mechanic would be interesting. Make it so while in active cover they get 2% health every three seconds or something, as well as increased energy regen.

Some classes just need to be brought in line with other classes or have their specific roles reexamed. I won't be satisfied until EVERY class has an equal number of nerf threads on the forums!!!

the only people that stuck with them were the only ones willing to cycle through more abilities and tolerate the environments many line of sight breakers (damn you alderan). Sentinel/Marauders also can be very formidable in the right hands.

the only people that stuck with them were the only ones willing to cycle through more abilities and tolerate the environments many line of sight breakers (damn you alderan). Sentinel/Marauders also can be very formidable in the right hands.

It's really not that hard. There aren't that many abilities, and you simply learn when NOT to use the 2.5 sec cast, and when to use legshot as setup...

Snipers / GS are good in my opinion. But i really dislike having almost pure white damage as a MM spec atleast. Leth is better, but still has white damage outside the DoTs. This makes the game have so much RNG for me. Especially against inquisitors who have a baseline 10% defense chance compared to 5% to all other classes who are not tank specced.

Deflecting roots(leg shot) or ambush sucks really bad... :p

Snipers / GS are good in my opinion. But i really dislike having almost pure white damage as a MM spec atleast. Leth is better, but still has white damage outside the DoTs. This makes the game have so much RNG for me. Especially against inquisitors who have a baseline 10% defense chance compared to 5% to all other classes who are not tank specced.

Deflecting roots(leg shot) or ambush sucks really bad... :p

ya....my heart sinks a little whenever im fighting a tank AC and i see they have popped a shield and i do 50 dmg or 0 dmg......at that point its time to change targets

comming this near future, you'll see mercs QQ about snipers, cause when i interupt their tracer missile they jump around panicing, it's really quiet funny.

dont believe me? interupt a tracer missile and 80% of the time they will jump around or run away as if their other abilities are non exixtent

comming this near future, you'll see mercs QQ about snipers, cause when i interupt their tracer missile they jump around panicing, it's really quiet funny.

dont believe me? interupt a tracer missile and 80% of the time they will jump around or run away as if their other abilities are non exixtent

you sir dont even know what a sniper is then? you are talking about a bounty hunter

I think they will think its the merc launching a tracer missile anywhere on the map :D

I actually think that a lot of the tracer missile/grav shot whining is because folks dobn't realize that they really just got killed by that shot coming out of nowhere.

Every other class gets a multi-page QQ thread...no one have any complaints about us?

Mercs/commandos get multiple multi-page posts

Sorcs/sages are the mack daddy of QQ posts

Scound/Ops people still think are OP

Vans/PT get the occasional whine about guard

Guard/Jugg even share some of the love about 9k AOE crits

me and my sentinal brothers and sisters feel left out :( :( :(

Heh. To satisfy your desire to feel included: Snipers.are.overpowered! :D

I think someone pointed it out a few posts back. Its the fact that the ones who know how to play sniper/gunslinger you never really see them in the war zones. We dont flash purple light, or have missiles flying everywhere we just quietly go about our business of killing people, we arnt a flashy class. The bad ones get noticed more than most cos they stand in the middle of the warzone and dont use the class skills to the best effect. A sniper/gunslinger standing next to the ball spawn in huttball is asking to be killed.

Im never going to be great ball carrier in hutball or a one man turret defence in Ald. But when it comes to eliminating the enemy ball carrier (leg shot as they go over a fire trap followed by an ambush explosive probe combo a prime example) its a lot of fun.

People see big chunks of health disapear and automaticaly look at the sorc/sage or bh/com and assume its them cos thats whats most in vision. The dont look at the sneaky dude with the rifle or twin pistols way off to the right.