Surge nerf > holy ****

zkitzor

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Power mods, crit enhancements. This pisses me off too, my jugg's 79% surge is now 66%? And my only good attacks are smash, force screem and vicious throw. :(

I'm gonna test this change on my operative, which relies HEAVILY on surge because of high crit %, I may just go get as many power mods as I can find now.

Edited by Sookster

What a huge nerf.

I had 77.71 surge before, it turned into 71.26 now.

If they had just added diminishing returns past a certain point I would understand, but to lower the ratio this much.. I mean if they don't want us to have 90+ surge fine, but to think all the surge stuff I had translates into a 21.26% points increase over base crit magnitude, come on!

Also it would be more bearable if we could efficiently stack other stats, but due to poor returns, lack of certain combos in mods and also due to some stats being useless (alacrity, for example), this is depressing.

Edit: I just tested it and my 220 crit/surge relic raises my surge back to my pre-nerf value (pretty much).

This is quite a huge nerf and I really don't know if it's even worth it to use a crit/surge relic anymore, not to mention it is definitely not worth it to stack surge in the first place anymore.. I guess I'll wait until someone posts a chart with the new values to see if it's worth investing into surge at all, or if it's better to stack heavily into power, for example.

Edited by AndrosX

What's left to stack then? Accuracy seems to be a waste, and as far as I know there are no power/crit enhancements :<

^this

It's like the BioChem nerf :

"Oh let's see. This is a popular choice!

-Let's buff other choices so there is a real choice to be made !

-No, let's just nerf the crap outa it !"

You mean "Think of it as the second part of HEALERS ARE NEVER GOING TO DIE"?

Ever played a healer in a WZ or Ilum? I do every day.

Now that OP's can't kill you in two hits the new tactic is that you are THE BALL in a Star Wars-Y PINBALL machine! push pull knockdown push pull...

Great. Can we have old operatives back now since what was too strong about them was the burst and which was "in line" after the nerf? :rolleyes:

No. You will have to wait for your time in the sun until all other classes have been nerfed as well.

Sorc Hybrids are next, I heard.

After that the Nerf Council is still debating between Commando (Combat Medic and Gunnery) and Jedi Knights (both ACs).

Gunslingers and Vanguards are safe, so far. Which might be just a diversion.

Guess all the one trick ponies will actually have to use a >1 button rotation.

This.

Now we have to balance our stats for best effects instead of mindlessly stacking like some sheep boo hoo. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lerdoc

Stack skill. Stop crazy-maxing out some stat that evens out crappy skill, which emerges when that stat gets nerfed for a good reason.

If I want to stack power, I'm forced to stack Surge

If I want to stack Crit, I'm forced to stack surge

>_<

No alternative...