Give me a legitimate reason to NOT have a LFD tool.

EvilTrollGuy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not debating anything, I am just asking simple questions. It is your choice to answer them or not.

And my choice is already there after you make yours, I'd say it was good talking to you but we didn't really talk you walked up to me and said

"Obey my arbitrary rules for talking and answer this question:"

Kinda sad when the forums are a bigger draw than the game. :(

Fuels the human need for discussion and debate. At least it does for me. A bit hard to start a talk like this in Trade, all those bastards posting LFG requests and try to sell crap. How dare they!

Your point is that green groups(your words) will run instances.

Kinda vague, but my point is that already happens so the only change is the volume and then the rest of my post.

No, that wasn't my point at all.

My point is that random cross-server groups are the lowest common denominator, and that it would be a very bad thing to make that the standard group for the game.

Nope, but whenever I do get kids I won't jump head first into a game, much less a game genre that is famous for being a long term and time consuming enterprise.

Will the counter-argument grab onto literally anything?

His personal life has no real bearing on this topic except to state his time is limited and precious, not an UN-common thing really.

So do you have an answer for him besides "My time is more important and my way is better, also my way can't handle an optional tool"

My point is that random cross-server groups are the lowest common denominator, and that it would be a very bad thing to make that the standard group for the game.

So your argument is people who use the cross server tool are lesser humans? Because that's the only way my response wouldn't make sense in regards to you.

All that changes is the volume of people grouping. People.

Wth are you saying? do you even know what your arguing?

And my choice is already there after you make yours, I'd say it was good talking to you but we didn't really talk you walked up to me and said

"Obey my arbitrary rules for talking and answer this question:"

What arbitrary rules? It was a simple yes/no question. Why people give me these political style answers that do not answer it and spin off on tangents is silly. Not to mention none of my questions reflect my viewpoint at all. They were simple non-bais questions.

Edited by harpuax

Your daughter was born 1 month ago so you decided to jump straight into a new MMO? GG

Why does being a new parent mean he isnt allowed to play a game of his choosing one hour a night? Being a parent doesnt mean sacrificing everything you have simply to do so.

Im not understanding why this is an issue, and why, in your 'infinite wisdom' he should be penalized for "jumping into a new MMO".

Edited by Laylla

What arbitrary rules? It was a simple yes/no question. Why people give me these political style answers that do not answer it and spin off on tangents is silly. Not to mention none of my questions reflect my viewpoint at all. They were simple non-bais questions.

Because most things in life are far beyond a simple yes and no despite how much you insist.

In my experiences with LFD in WOW I honestly didn't see any differences between a LFD group and a random pug I might have thrown together in SW. Random was random. Most groups were fine. You come across the occasional player in both that struggles. You get people who drop in both. You also get the occasional jerk, though my experiences in LFD were pretty positive as far as that went.

Granted people may have different experiences but the reason I am pro x-server is my experiences have been positive.

"My time is more important and my way is better, also my way can't handle an optional tool"

That sounds more like something he would say, I'm rather going "Why do you need to be spoon fed when I can give you a spoon so you won't have to use your hands anymore?"

Spoon fed = LFD

Spoon = similar to Aion's tool

Hands = the system currently in place

I really hope it was unnecessary to write this explanation, but at this point anything to can misunderstood. And it probably will be anyway.

So your argument is people who use the cross server tool are lesser humans? Because that's the only way my response wouldn't make sense in regards to you.

All that changes is the volume of people grouping. People.

Wth are you saying? do you even know what your arguing?

I know what I am saying. And I also know that you want me to say something that I'm not saying to make it easier for you to refute me. Your use of strawman arguments is fairly pathetic here. You keep claiming that I've said things that I never said.

Point out to me where I ever said that people who use a cross server tool are lesser humans..?

Why does being a new parent mean he isnt allowed to play a game of his choosing one hour a night? Being a parent doesnt mean sacrificing everything you have simply to do so.

Im not understanding why this is an issue, and why, in your 'infinite wisdom' he should be penalized for "jumping into a new MMO".

Read the post I... posted (O.o) right after that one, on the top of page 84 I believe.

Edited by Senatsu

I know what I am saying. And I also know that you want me to say something that I'm not saying to make it easier for you to refute me. Your use of strawman arguments is fairly pathetic here. You keep claiming that I've said things that I never said.

Point out to me where I ever said that people who use a cross server tool are lesser humans..?

My point is that random cross-server groups are the lowest common denominator

Is that in anyway un-clear, you are calling people who use the cross server tool the lowest common denominator and I am saying they are just people and all that changes is the volume in which these people group.

Because most things in life are far beyond a simple yes and no despite how much you insist.

That is pretty paranoid. But if you are so unsure of your answers I understand the need to not give them and change the subject.

Edited by Meluna
content

That sounds more like something he would say, I'm rather going "Why do you need to be spoon fed when I can give you a spoon so you won't have to use your hands anymore?"

Spoon fed = LFD

Spoon = similar to Aion's tool

Hands = the system currently in place

I really hope it was unnecessary to write this explanation, but at this point anything to can misunderstood. And it probably will be anyway.

And my argument is taking the spamming general and walking through 3 hallways isn't nor has it ever been the difficult part of grouping.

Nor should it, shortening or removing this doesn't lessen the game it cuts UN-necessary chaff.

A tool IS needed, but there are a lot of ways to vastly improve the ability to get groups for people like you without going to the cross-server random extreme.

I dont necessarily think a cross server tool would be a bad thing. There are servers with serious population imbalances that would benefit from it.

I wouldn't, however, match up PVP servers with RP servers. The outlook on the game and general temperament is entirely too different.

I'm a new dad. My daughter was born about a month ago so naturally, my wife and I aren't on any sort of set schedule when it comes to our free time. At best I can grab an hour or so a night to play.

A LFD tool would allow me to run Flashpoints during my limited play time. I would much rather queue up, continue what I was doing and be guaranteed a group that night, instead of spending who knows how long standing in Fleet, screaming for a group that may never form.

As it stands right now, I can't do Flashpoints. It's just a waste of time to try to find a group when my time is so limited. It's a shame too as I'm really enjoying the game and would love to experience that content as well.

To those people who feel I don't "deserve" to see this content because I don't have the time to devote, go F' yourselves. I'm paying $15 bucks a month just like you.

Bioware spent/will spend thousands if not millions of $$ to develop this content and there should be a way for the vast majority of players to take part in it.

A-freaking-men. But the MMO elites will tell you that you shouldn't be playing the game. The fact that you can only play for an hour makes you a "casual" (read: leper). They want to make sure that the world they invest so much time and effort into isn't ruined by people like us who have no choice but to invest our time in RL pursuits. I wonder if EA and Bioware could survive with just this hardcore, elitist minority.

The only choice I think BW has is to either nerf content so that people can play most of the content solo or include a LFD tool. At the end of the day, appealing to the broadest audience keeps the light on and milk in the bellies of Bioware babies. But I'm sure the vocal minority would rather spend $1,000 a month for a subscription than accommodate the unwashed masses. I mean, they might as well spend a mortgage payment on a sub since they can afford to sit around for 3 hours LFG.

I have a full-time job and a family. The clock starts ticking as soon as I click "Login".

Edited by Arsynic

In my experiences with LFD in WOW I honestly didn't see any differences between a LFD group and a random pug I might have thrown together in SW. Random was random. Most groups were fine. You come across the occasional player in both that struggles. You get people who drop in both. You also get the occasional jerk, though my experiences in LFD were pretty positive as far as that went.

Granted people may have different experiences but the reason I am pro x-server is my experiences have been positive.

The random instant group is inferior in many ways. You've taken all control of group creation and management away from the players. Even if all four players are good, they've never played with each other before and don't know each other's tendancies. But then you add the guy who is undergeared and it drops the quality. That guy might not get into a PUG if the leader thought he needed more content-appropriate gear. Add in the guy who doesn't know how to play his class very well and it drops the quality more. Add in a guy who likes to be a jerk and it drops through the floor. Those people are far less likely to be involved in a standard PUG, because the players create those groups and make those decisions. Once you introduce random instant groups into the game, they become the defacto base group for it, and that is why you're not going to see a difference after the fact. Because the game is tuned for those groups, like WoW already is.

There are so many ways to improve people's ability to get groups without going to those extremes. We need more comprehensive grouping options, where players have more control, not a simple tool that tosses four random people together.

1 post is all I'm doing ...... I don't want a cross server LFD tool.

It's random. At least if it is same server I can take note of the 'lamers' and I can be sure to not group with them again. a cross server tool .... too many people to keep track of.

I like going to ilum cause that's really about the only place where people seem to talk about stuff at random except for starting zones (at least on my server). I've been lucky. So far it seems that the community on my server has been great and active. For those on low pop servers .... I hope they do server transfers to help you out, but just say no to LFD.

That's not all that changes, and I think that you know that.
No, if you add a tool, then the tool is added. The flash point is in no way nerfed as a result of the code that adds the tool.

It's completely disingenuous of you to even try to say it.
No it's not. We can clearly see how they're unrelated. There's nothing disingenuous about that.