Most embarassing thing you've done in PvP

mattnaik

What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done in PvP?

The other day I had a few brews and was in a losing 0-5 in a hutball match. At this point it was just kill farming time. I picked out my target, another Sentinel. Who doesnt want to go toe to toe 1v1 against their class. Same tools, who can play the class better.

So I target him out and force leap in, bound to my 1 key, which is awfully close to the tab key as well. I accidentally targeted him, and in my semi-inebriated state I had no idea I was targeting someone completely different.

So I'm dancing around him, going through my regular rotation and the only thing that worked was overload saber. Everything else was "target is out of range" I'm like WTH is going on!! I thought the game was bugged or some serious lag spike. After I figured what was going on, I was at about 50% health and just force-camoed out of there and tried to save face.

So I don't remember your name, but if you are out there fellow sentinel, I will be looking for a rematch. Hopefully this time I won't look like I'm trying to take you out on a date!

What's your most embarrassing moment in PvP?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to pull a friendly ball-carrier from a side ramp to the middle ramp near the enemy's goal line in Huttball. Figured I'd throw off their defenders. I stood too close to the side, he hit the side of the ramp and dropped into the pit below the ramps, where he was zerged to death.

What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done in PvP?

The other day I had a few brews and was in a losing 0-5 in a hutball match. At this point it was just kill farming time. I picked out my target, another Sentinel. Who doesnt want to go toe to toe 1v1 against their class. Same tools, who can play the class better.

So I target him out and force leap in, bound to my 1 key, which is awfully close to the tab key as well. I accidentally targeted him, and in my semi-inebriated state I had no idea I was targeting someone completely different.

So I'm dancing around him, going through my regular rotation and the only thing that worked was overload saber. Everything else was "target is out of range" I'm like WTH is going on!! I thought the game was bugged or some serious lag spike. After I figured what was going on, I was at about 50% health and just force-camoed out of there and tried to save face.

haha the fail is big in this story

Edited by atreyuz

I ran the huttball all the way to MY OWN goal line :( I felt dumb.

lol Not laughing at you, just at the thought of it as I watched an entire team do exactly that each time one match. Made it very easy for us to score when all we had to do was get the kill and complete the few steps. They finally figured out what they were doing wrong but by then, it was to late for them.

I ran the huttball all the way to MY OWN goal line :( I felt dumb.

While not as bad as him, due to lag i've knocked people into the goal line when I intended to knock them into the pit.

Non-lag Aside, trying to CC and not noticing the resolve bar.

I killed the ball carrier near the goal line so he did not score. I then get the ball move up a little but was taking heavy damage. With no team mates close by i try to spike the ball and end up giving the ball right back to the other team who walks in for the score and we lose 3-2. Edited by adectus

I never make mistakes.

That's awesome - I am not so... well, awesome.

Last night in Huttball, I destroyed a Sorcerer ball-carrier and took the ball. I ran right up to the final fire trap uncontested. Then, an Imp got between me and the goal line. At the same time I noticed one of my teammates and threw him the ball. The Imp intercepts and promptly scores - I was the idiot that went the wrong way.

Before a match, I move the Huttball passing icon to my quickbar. I forgot to do that, and had no way of passing the ball. So... I moved it up to the upper left quickbar, where it was promptly covered up by my team roster.

You can actually move your team roster. Click the little box in the corner of it. :)

Tried to forcepush the enemy ballcarrier off one of the downramps leading toward our goal into the pit area below - ended up pushing him over our goal line.

Force Push the ball carrier down to OUR side and score -.-

On one occasion I was guarding our goal line, the enemy ball carrier was on the ramp in front of our goal line, and he was trapped in the flame vent so he would probably die if I let him cook there for 4-5 secs. I tried to use a stun on him just to be safe, but accidentally I hit Force Pull instead and thus ended up saving his life and letting him score.

One of the moments that make you feel sooo lacking in skill :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.