What people fail to realize.

SnapWolf

I've been reading tons and tons of threads about people's expectations on this game and whatnots.

About how this game should have been released with everything WoW has and so on.

Dungeon Finder. Damage meters. User Interace customization. Macros.

They believe those things to be industrial norms nowadays.

Except, I'm sorry... Folks...

Those things are not detrimentary to your enjoyment of the game. You can plenty well do without them.

They are... how do you say? Secondary.

Dungeon Finder? We do plenty well without it.

Damage Meters? What's the use? You can still beat dungeons without them if you have a basic idea on how your rotation works.

The UI isn't so bad. Not the best, but it's not the worst either.

Macros. There's plenty of workarounds. Just make secondary keybinds and you're set.

Sure, it's not optimized yet.

What I'm trying to say here is to learn to adapt with what you have.

Damage meters and UI customization, plus a combat log really need to be in there.

LFDfinder is just convinience, but the above really needs to be there. The hardcore crowd needs a way to measure their performance in raids.

Check the incoming patches.

UI Customization is inbound in march.

I've been reading tons and tons of threads about people's expectations on this game and whatnots.

About how this game should have been released with everything WoW has and so on.

Those things are not detrimentary to your enjoyment of the game. You can plenty well do without them.

Damage Meters? What's the use? You can still beat dungeons without them if you have a basic idea on how your rotation works.

Macros. There's plenty of workarounds. Just make secondary keybinds and you're set.

Yeah tell me about it! There's a work-around for everything. Why would I need a damage meter if I'm #winning all the time anyway? Why would I need a dungeon finder when I can sit around in chat for a couple hours everyday LFGing? Why would I need a customizable UI when I can "make do" with a crappy clunky one? Why do I need macros when I have a G13? Why do I need optimization when I'm already getting 20 FPS?

In short: why would I play this game when I could be playing a better one?

Those things are not detrimentary to my enjoyment of the game. I can plenty well do without them.

Fixed that for you. Speak for yourself. I think combat logs are extremely important. Especially with every boss and their child having an enrage timer(lamest excuse for creating a form of difficulty in an mmo by the way).

Sorry, but telling others what they need and don't need doesn't go over well... Are you THE authority on people's enjoyment and entertainment? I think not!

You may want to rethink your outlook and/or how you present your OPINION, my friend. You have no say in what I think is enjoyment, what I think might be detrimental to my enjoyment, etc...

You fail to realize this game got sloppy game design and sloppy coding.

Ability lag.. even worse, ability not triggering sometimes but eating the global cooldown.

Lac of immersion, poor music, poor ambient sounds (you cant even listen to a bird, waterfall... nothing) no day and night, cant even sit on a chair.

All rest form me is secondary, if got 1 or 300 flashpoints. Its stuff they can allways had later.

But sloppy game world, since cloned NPC's, lack of immersion and the combat system is what killed (yes KILLED) this game.

Have fun playing with the worst used money ever.

Yeah tell me about it! There's a work-around for everything. Why would I need a damage meter if I'm #winning all the time anyway? Why would I need a dungeon finder when I can sit around in chat for a couple hours everyday LFGing? Why would I need a customizable UI when I can "make do" with a crappy clunky one? Why do I need macros when I have a G13? Why do I need optimization when I'm already getting 20 FPS?

In short: why would I play this game when I could be playing a better one?

Then play something else??? :confused:

Wow didn't play like ***** in 2006. It was responsive and didn't have a solid half second of mouse/ability lag.

Upgrade your computer. It's a personal issue.

I have no ability lag what so ever.

Also, WoW was amazing in 2006, now not so much. I just don't get this "bensmokin" guy, you resub to a game only to complain about something you have no intention of playing? You need to find a hobby.

If you don't like something, make a thread why you don't like it (constructively, not "DIS GAEM SUX111!1!!!1 U SPEND LIEK BILLIONS OF DOLLARS SO UM YE!1") then leave. If you plan on coming back, wait more than a month. Try 6 months and maybe they'll have fixed a lot of issues that seem to be experiencing.

Boggles my mind why people sit on game forums of a game they don't even play.

You fail to realize this game got sloppy game design and sloppy coding.

Ability lag.. even worse, ability not triggering sometimes but eating the global cooldown.

Lac of immersion, poor music, poor ambient sounds (you cant even listen to a bird, waterfall... nothing) no day and night, cant even sit on a chair.

All rest form me is secondary, if got 1 or 300 flashpoints. Its stuff they can allways had later.

But sloppy game world, since cloned NPC's, lack of immersion and the combat system is what killed (yes KILLED) this game.

Have fun playing with the worst used money ever.

I didn't knew you studied in game programming...

Maybe you should apply for a job at Bioware?

Seriously. Instead of flaming people and commenting on the overall programming of their game... it's easy commenting someone's work without actual knowledge.

Edited by SnapWolf

Subjective opinion. You can get around with a horse and cart, so why do you have a car?

You can play tennis with one of these so why do people use these?

You can live in a hut made from leaves, so why do you live in a house?

You can eat raw meat and nuts from bushes outside, so why do you cook?

You can read a book, so why do you use a pc?

You can fight wars with sticks, so why do you use guns?

You can .... you get the point.

Because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD or SHOULD WANT TO. Have higher expectations of the people making your games. The UI is *********** attrocious. Expect and demand better. You are a paying customer.

Edited by Delekii

Damage meters and UI customization, plus a combat log really need to be in there.

LFDfinder is just convinience, but the above really needs to be there. The hardcore crowd needs a way to measure their performance in raids.

For example, you are in a guild and you do a Operation, which turns out to be successful. Why would you need a dps meter? So you can strunt around like a small Roster and crow? There is more to being successful in runs than just damage output you know?

I do agree with you on the UI customization tho, which we are getting and I would like to see macros. But that is it. The OP makes a good point. Most of the crap you see in MMO's like WoW such as addons/mods are not needed to play the game well.