Is this intended? black-red saber on republic

SunwindIon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea, makes no sense to me and annoys me further as I'd have preferred the Cyan :p

Sith you ran into on the KOTOR games often had purple too, its like BW writers think because its closer to red than most other colours than its obviously a sith colour.

At the end of the day I really hope this is a bug or a glitch, the last thing we need are more black core sabers.

Mace Windu had a purple lightsaber for the sole reason that Samuel L. Jackson likes the colour purple and requested that his lightsaber be that colour. Apparently he has done this in other films as well, requesting that his character have something purple.

this was my first thought actually, but the weapons and crystals are bound.

Are the crystals bound? They say "bind on equip", but I've got a saber right now and they still say "bind on equip", not "bound".

So maybe you can pull them out and then they bind as soon as you put them back in? So you could pull them out, transfer them over nar shadaa GTN, and then equip them and get bound?

Thats my best guess. Seems like there must be some trick, some oversight.

I'm guessing whoever that is has a level 50 on both republic AND empire, and sold a crystal to himself.

Are the crystals bound? They say "bind on equip", but I've got a saber right now and they still say "bind on equip", not "bound".

So maybe you can pull them out and then they bind as soon as you put them back in? So you could pull them out, transfer them over nar shadaa GTN, and then equip them and get bound?

I'm guessing whoever that is has a level 50 on both republic AND empire, and sold a crystal to himself.

This. This seems like the most likely way this happened. I hate to say someone is cheating when there could be a legitimate in-game reason for it, even if it was an oversight on Bioware's part.

the weapons BoE but if you pull the crystal out the crystal becomes bound.

I did, bottom of page 7.

I'm working on making a video showing exactly what to do.

lol i cant tell if youre joking or not.

regardless. since the crystal can be removed from the weapons. there is a chance that it can be reverse engineered and reward the schematic for it. unless someone did and it displayed "no schematics available", like certain purple items.

i think the answer to this must be that glitch that put republic players in imp fleet after karaggas an the guy was able to buy from the vendor there because vendors are friendly, and got both sabers only logical answer other then illegitimate means. but they patched that glitch as well so it wont happen again.

Facepalmed at so many of the responses to this thread. The person probably just used the shuttle to get to the empire fleet trick and bought the lightsaber with a token.

Just to clear up a little of the confusion in this thread (there is very much, don't deny) YOU CAN NOT GET BOTH OF THOSE CRYSTALS WITHOUT A BUG/GLITCH/EXPLOIT. There is no schematic to make a black-cored saber, there is no way to trade them across characters, you cannot take a mod out of a weapon and sell it because it becomes bound as soon as you take it out.

it seems the whole thread is going way over your head, there are no black core recipes.

Considering the amount of drama you are pouring into this thread, I am inclined to think that you are envious on some level as you can't have what this person does or you have such a tight pucker factor that instead of playing the game you have to gripe about something that you probably won't see again and probably is just a graphic glitch.

People like you are ones that others often shake their head at because it is most of the time a "Much ado about nothing"

Making a thread about it is just being a drama queen/king.

Report it in game and move on.

What is your address, I will send you some cheese for your whine.

okay let me clear up any confusion.

black-red is EMPIRE only

black-blue is REPUBLIC only

at least, until now. aside from cheating or using a glitch I don't know how someone can obtain both on one faction, that is why i'm bringing it to everyones attention.

There is one way it's possible if those limitations are a fact, Neutral Auction House (Hutt Cartel Trade Network) on Nar Shadaa.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

• 4 weeks later...

Those gems are indeed BoE after being removed from Rakata weapons, I just bought one off a guy on my server. If he sells it through the neutral GTN, then a Jedi could indeed buy it and have it equipped.

There is no exploit involved.

• 2 weeks later...
Those gems are indeed BoE after being removed from Rakata weapons, I just bought one off a guy on my server. If he sells it through the neutral GTN, then a Jedi could indeed buy it and have it equipped.

There is no exploit involved.

0/10, horrible trollfail.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2vbltlu.png

They are not BoE and you can't trade them over Nar Shadaa GTN. You can't get to the opposite faction fleet anymore either.

More likely is it that since the customer service in this game are 99% braindead robots, the people have gotten their black/red - black/blue to other factions by getting the opposite faction sabers when asked for reimburstments.

Edited by emeraldon