Cover pulse

Doxxs

you are lucky cover pulse works 50% of the time for you... cover pulse for me works only less than 10%... most of the times i use cover pulse skill nothing happens, and the skill goes into cool down LOL quite funny and bad at the same time, i have not logged into the game for almost 2 weeks dunno if they fixed it .. gonna let my 6 month sub idle to the end.

For me, Cover Pulse works 100% of the time provided two conditions are true:

1) The enemy does not have a full Resolve bar.

2) The enemy does not have the Unstoppable buff on them.

The first one is easy to check, it's the big white bar underneath their health, or alongside their portrait if you've got them targeted. The second is a little harder to tell on the fly unless you know what you're looking for. Odds are if the enemy leaps at you, they've got it buffed and you're going to waste a GCD if you Pulse.

If you are rooted it will not work.

If you are rooted you aren't in cover.. so you aren't using cover pulse. If you meant that a rooted TARGET won't get pulsed, I don't think that is right - I often pulse people after a sorc knock/roots them.

Honestly I am pretty happy with cover pulse, it works the vast majority of the time I expect it to. The rare occasions it doesn't work either the target had immunity and I didn't realise till afterward, or else they weren't actually in range when they looked like they were - the same thing happens with a lot of aoe. It made me tear my hair out on juggernaught using smash, for example.

If your target is stunned then it wont work. Try using Debilitate and then cover pulse, it wont work. Then next time wait until the debilitate finishes and it will work. Im not sure if this a bug or intended but it definitely makes things more difficult. There are other such situations where it wont work. All up in an average hutt-ball game it probably works half the time

If you are rooted you aren't in cover.. so you aren't using cover pulse. If you meant that a rooted TARGET won't get pulsed, I don't think that is right - I often pulse people after a sorc knock/roots them.

Honestly I am pretty happy with cover pulse, it works the vast majority of the time I expect it to. The rare occasions it doesn't work either the target had immunity and I didn't realise till afterward, or else they weren't actually in range when they looked like they were - the same thing happens with a lot of aoe. It made me tear my hair out on juggernaught using smash, for example.

No.

If you are in cover, not entrenched and someone roots you, you client shows your cover animation and skills are not greyed but they do nothing upon activation.

i believe its a bug ... cuz for my problem is that it also happens in PVE and PVP.. it doesnt go off but the skill goes into cool down.. iam left crouching/under cover waiting but nothing happens. this has led me to believe its a bug and one that needs some future addressing.

Cover pulse would be so much better if you didnt have to be in cover... just call the ability pulse bomb and have the animation as him throwing a grenade at his/her feet.

Yes, because when lobbing a grenade, you always aim for your feet...

• 2 weeks later...
Cover pulse would be so much better if you didnt have to be in cover... just call the ability pulse bomb and have the animation as him throwing a grenade at his/her feet.

I agree to this, the problem isnt pressing the cover + pulse button fast enough, but rather the problem that cover itself is so damn buggy, since you cant use cover many places with too little room etc, it's always a problem when trying to round a short corner in huttball with that sith marauder at my *** for then to tap pulse, except i cant go into cover,

For me, Cover Pulse works 100% of the time provided two conditions are true:

1) The enemy does not have a full Resolve bar.

2) The enemy does not have the Unstoppable buff on them.

The first one is easy to check, it's the big white bar underneath their health, or alongside their portrait if you've got them targeted. The second is a little harder to tell on the fly unless you know what you're looking for. Odds are if the enemy leaps at you, they've got it buffed and you're going to waste a GCD if you Pulse.

This.

I used to think my cover pulse was bugging out until I finally noticed the game has a visual display of resolve.

A lot of the time, people seem to Debilitate THEN cover pulse. That will likely fill the resolve bar if they've been 'controlled' at any point prior to your attack.

EDIT: However, I'd prefer if it were 'Pulse' and did not rely on cover, simply for the very rare moments where I cannot take cover due to 'Unknown effect' or something along those lines.

Edited by VampireGranny