Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

RED ALERT! RED ALERT

AIDEN PRYDE WILL CANCEL HIS PARENT'S CREDIT CARD NUMBER IF THERE IS A PENALTY FOR BEING A QUITTER!

:eek: <--- This is my care face.

Not really.

Nor is it BW's or EA's, and threats aren't going to bother them in the least. Quitters gonna quit, oh noes! One less griefer to worry about.

***? everyone is using their Parent's credit card or something?

are you on welfare by any chance? playing everyday having nothing else to do?

if taking 3 hours to do one daily is fine for you well congrats.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try this on for size:

If you are 60+ it's generally safe to say you have around 10% expertise bonus, and would be a asset to your team if only you knew how to play on one, and didn't expect to get carried to wins. Try playing the game and try winning it, rather than having it be won for you.

It's the people that leave WZs that cause the losses more than the "bads" they are trying to avoid. Apparently it's this same group that somehow causes wins to not count as wins; a double-troll so-to-speak. Not only do you "bads" have to recover from 7v8 for the first few minutes, but you will also not get credited if you do recover.

did you quote the wrong person?

i figured i would change it to "my room" since you said they were all friends in your analogy, when really if i solo queue i dont know any of them and could really care less about their happiness

Well 4 of us are friends and chose to go to the same event together and have fun together, and you just changed the channel on us to Opera.

Expect to be forcibly removed from said venue, directly by us -- or EMTs if you choose to resist.

RED ALERT! RED ALERT

AIDEN PRYDE WILL CANCEL HIS PARENT'S CREDIT CARD NUMBER IF THERE IS A PENALTY FOR BEING A QUITTER!

:eek: <--- This is my care face.

Not really.

Nor is it BW's or EA's, and threats aren't going to bother them in the least. Quitters gonna quit, oh noes! One less griefer to worry about.

If you don't want mechanics that encourage teamplay and engagement in the PvP zones, discourage AFKing, and leaving losing matches then by all means continue to spend your parents money on this game.

I for one will not. I also suspect that I won't be the only one leaving the game if they screw this up.

majority of the player base? what evidence do you have to support that? to be honest i really dont care about the happiness of random people i dont know, is it selfish? sure but everyone is selfish
What evidence?

Oh, I don't know...because EVERY SINGLE warzone I have EVER played in where we are losing, and we have quitters, the majority of our team remains intact. Majority = 5 or more of the team.

Pretty damning if you ask me. Or are you going to try and convince me that that's because all the quitters are so incredibly numerous, they're busy cycling through 4 or 5 losing warzones at the same time just to try and find a winning one. In which case, would only serve to prove that quitting actually results in more time wasted than had they just stayed in a losing match.

I've never seen more than 32 names listed in The Pit, Voidstar, or Civil War /who lists. That's 3 matches going at the same time for each warzone, but I'm sure it's possible to get more. 3 I'll use as the example since it seems to be the average. If even just 1 of them are winning and the other two are losing, then the grand total of quitters is 12, and the non-quitters is 36. with any other quitters sitting in the queue waiting to get their turn to cycle in and quit. Good luck trying to disprove it.

Edited by Nangasaur

majority of the player base? what evidence do you have to support that? to be honest i really dont care about the happiness of random people i dont know, is it selfish? sure but everyone is selfish

Everyone does have selfish qualities, but when it becomes the focal point of your existance (and personality), then it is classified as a personality disorder due to the pervasive way it affects society as a whole.

True story, bro.

I was quoting the guy crying about not being able to get 3 wins for 4 hours as a valor rank 60.

Who do you think I should be quoting instead?

Ya, no kidding.

But he can probably only get 3 wins in 4 hours because everyone else needs to L2P, and not himself.

Being Battlemaster doesn't mean someone is good at PVP. It's another false assumption made by quitters. "I'm a Battlemaster, that tells you automatically that I'm pro, and deserve the right to quit and grief everyone else."

Edited by Nangasaur

Dont worry.

Its fine if you AFK because you cannot leave. Because we will give the penalty to AFKers as well. LOL.

As long as you stay in the game, the system works, because you will only screw up that ONE game, and not all of them.

If leavers are prevalent enough for you to be angry, then AFKers will be too.

They do this and I will cancel my subscription.

I do not have enough time with work and family to PvP and get my dailies done unless I leave a losing match.

I am a family man, work 2 jobs, and time is not something you worry about when playing a video game.

This post makes me feel like you want some form of self entitlement, and want Bioware to feed you with a silver spoon.

If you can't take rules in PvP, then you have no business playing a mmo then. Go play a game where there is no rules, where gear is easy to get, where life is like a butterfly.

Cause like it or not a deserter buff for people that rage quit needs implemented asap. I don't care what excuse and how lame it is when your team loses 100 times.

Fight till you get it, and stop making excuses. Bioware don't care if you leave.

Your just another sub.

Edited by Caeliux

Dont worry.

Its fine if you AFK because you cannot leave. Because we will give the penalty to AFKers as well. LOL.

As long as you stay in the game, the system works, because you will only screw up that ONE game, and not all of them.

I'll deal with AFKers by notifying the other team of free kills and/or using my pull teammate ability to bring them into a fight to die.

Problem solved everyone, we don't need BioWare to fix AFKers anymore, but the issue of quitters is still a problem.

What evidence?

Oh, I don't know...because EVERY SINGLE warzone I have EVER played in where we are losing, and we have quitters, the majority of our team remains intact. Majority = 5 or more of the team.

Pretty damning if you ask me. Or are you going to try and convince me that that's because all the quitters are so incredibly numerous, they're busy cycling through 4 or 5 losing warzones at the same time just to try and find a winning one. In which case, would only serve to prove that quitting actually results in more time wasted than had they just stayed in a losing match.

I've never seen more than 32 names listed in The Pit, Voidstar, or Civil War /who lists. That's 3 matches going at the same time for each warzone, but I'm sure it's possible to get more. 3 I'll use as the example since it seems to be the average. If even just 1 of them are winning and the other two are losing, then the grand total of quitters is 12, and the non-quitters is 36. with any other quitters sitting in the queue waiting to get their turn to cycle in and quit. Good luck trying to disprove it.

or some of the people that stayed in just want the commendations or valor for staying

Well here we go again.

A. Add the option to surrender after 3-5 minutes and I'll stay.
B. Add deserter(more than 5 minutes) and I'll afk.
 Subsection B.
      1. Add Inactivity Detection, and I'll press a key every minute or so.
      2. Add PvP Detection, And I'll hit my basic attack on someone every minute or so.
      3. Shorten the detection times and watch people fear defending an objective.
C. Add a harsh Deserter penalty if you leave within the first few minutes of a match. But not afterwards and I'll stay until then.

I am a leaver, please leave you flaming comments in the section,

BELOW ME

I agree with this. I'm not a leaver, but I get why people do it.

Yes I don't care about the other 7 in the match even tho I don't quit. If I' have my 3 wins, I'm farming medals not helping win. Just the way it is.

And no the bonus to winning and loosing isn't that much to make me care enough.

And to those saying the daily will be there tomorrow. Um gear progression, the carrot on the stick is what keeps people playing for the most part. Otherwise MMO's wouldn't use this model. So if the carrot on the stick is only obtainable by doing dailies, then the quickest way to get those dailies done is the best thing for the money I'm spending. So it's a flaw in how GM PvP gear can be obtained.

It's fine the way it is.

If they leave, they don't get any xp or money or commendations.

If they are forced to stay because of a debuff if they leave prematurely, then they'll stay in the game and afk until it's over.

So good job, you essentially let them reap rewards by staying in-game and not doing anything.

***? everyone is using their Parent's credit card or something?

are you on welfare by any chance? playing everyday having nothing else to do?

if taking 3 hours to do one daily is fine for you well congrats.

I'm a wounded American Soldier, on recovery from multiple surgeries. All I have is time. Any more questions about me?

Everyone does have selfish qualities, but when it becomes the focal point of your existance (and personality), then it is classified as a personality disorder due to the pervasive way it affects society as a whole.

True story, bro.

i think of it as more of the explanation for why we do the things we do, although selfish tends to have a negative connotation, self interested is a better word i think

If leavers are prevalent enough for you to be angry, then AFKers will be too.

No, because AFKer are not a problem. Even if the half team AFKs, it doesnt matter. Because:

1) The AFKER will not get anything... no wins, no reward, nothing.

2) The AFKer will only ruin that one group, all other PvP groups stay intact.

Leaving does have a sense, but AFKing doesnt. You will notice when you start doing it. :p

I am not worried about AFKers.. go ahead, ruin your own fun... lol.

Ya, no kidding.

But he can probably only get 3 wins in 4 hours because everyone else needs to L2P, and not himself.

Being Battlemaster doesn't mean someone is good at PVP. It's another false assumption made by quitters. "I'm a Battlemaster, that tells you automatically that I'm pro, and deserve the right to quit and grief everyone else."

lol your ridiculous. it takes over 3hrs if you stay in the losing games and all you get is under geared people with 12k health in lvl50 PVP, when the other team has all over 15k health.

and i am a sniper so i bring no utility to the WZ. in huttball im certainly not gonna carry the ball. i can kill the ball carrier, but if i play against pre-mades i get leaped by warriors all the time, and they know when a sniper is rooted they cant cover, and all my abilites require cover. SO yeah if my team suck , i just quit.

if we lose 2-0 after 2 min in huttball i quit.

if they arm the door within 1 min in voidstar i quit.

in cival war i usually stay longer, unless my team have 1 point and there is 4 guys protecting it instead of trying to capture an another one, even tho you tell them we are gonna lose if you just keep 1. people don't care.

and anyways ill stay in the game if i feel the team as potential. if not i just quit. it's easy to see if you have a really bad team within few minutes

Edited by DestyOwn

Ya, no kidding.

This is beyond true. Earlier today some BM trooper was talking crap in /say about winning the civil war and after a couple of matches I got a shot at him 1v1. Oh my squishy 12k hp sorc in HEALING centurion gear vers his (no idea, maybe 18k?) trooper in BM/Champ gear.

Never got me below 80% health, and was saved by 2 teammates when he had about 10% health.

^^ is the majority of quitters.

If you don't want mechanics that encourage teamplay and engagement in the PvP zones, discourage AFKing, and leaving losing matches then by all means continue to spend your parents money on this game.

I for one will not. I also suspect that I won't be the only one leaving the game if they screw this up.

I hope every single quitter cancels and leaves, right along with you. Quitters gonna quit, it's inevitable. You can either choose to change your attitude from selfish behavior or not, that's up to you.

Having closed matches (which disallow leaving or penalize it) opens up a whole new **** can of worms for a lot of players. Who wants to stick around in a match that is obviously lost?

I recommend closed matches for the first 5 mins or so. If after 5 minutes a player wants to leave he should be able to. That way, it forces everyone to at least try, and in the worst case you waste 5 minutes.