Give me a legitimate reason to NOT have a LFD tool.

EvilTrollGuy

No... He's saying that it'll interfere with the largest means most people find NEW friends. I swore I explained this to you before. With a cross server system I can't add that really cool guy or good player to my friends list so that we can party up later on. This can't be put any simpler. Do you wish for me to post definitions of the words Friends and New for you?

Find those "really cool guys" in your server??

I see people all the time in WoW looking for a group to queue with. Those are CLEARLY the types of people that want to add others to their friends list. It's not a complicated process, it really isn't.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well most "normal" people are friendly, polite, chatty.... So if your idea of being "less social" is rude, ignorant, greedy, impatient & hostile... Then yeah, it matters. REALLY!

And yes, saying "Hi" (which was a mere example) or any other friendliness would have been great. Your telling me you joined pugs, said nothing, needed on every roll & shouted "Faster!"?

The hypocrisy? Lol I won't even go there... :eek:

They don't understand the concept of politeness or manners. That's why they behave the way they do.

You are on a low pop server and instead of move to a high populated one or waiting for transfers you want Bio to create a tool just for you.

I understand exactly what you are saying. Me me me me me

And by your last statement I can see when people don't agree with you you jump to insulting people.

I could only imagine what you are like to group with.

Maybe you are the issue why you cannot find a group.......

I didn't insult anybody. I made a blatant observation.

I'm not saying "me me me me" at all. I'm speaking for the thousands of others who are in my situation. I don't want Bio to create a tool "just for me". I want them to create one to enhance the game and make it easier to get a group = more fun.

Oh wait no, i'm sorry - it's my fault because I'm on a low pop server, rather than your awesome high pop server with uber players. Forgive me - I'm obviously not entitled to my own opinion, a view on this frankly, stupid debate and my sub is less important to Bioware than yours is.

The people that are against any type of LFG tool, cross server or not, can breathe a sigh of relief. There will be no LFG tool in the foreseeable future. Creating a cross server LFG tool will take some serious coding. Look at the game as it stands now. TOR in its current state took $200million+ and 5 years. Do you really think we will see a cross server LFG tool out of that development time anytime in the next year? Get realistic... There will be no LFG tool for a very, very long time.
Actually, a matchmaking system is really simple to write.

The only real technical hurdle is xserver; if they are working on that for pvp, that may be a solved problem in the near future.

but the matchmaking part is a dead simple UI with well defined algorithms, and has some of it's work already done with the pvp matchmaking system.

All in all, it's much simpler than dealing with some of the more esoteric bugs that are in the game.

I do.

In wow, if I'm on a dps, I queue up and go do dailies. I usually get my dungeon queue to pop while I'm finishing up, and then after the dungeon I finish whatever dailies I want done for the day.

I've done that since it released. At that time, I was doing the tournament dailies, or the wintergrasp one. Back right after cata was released, I would do the tol barad dailies. More recently, I was doing the fire lands dailies.

Source?

i admit i did all of that stuff while in dungeon finder in wow while standing in stormwind when i wasnt just reading the troll chat in /2.

dailies in cataclysm were stupid, it took 15 minutes to do all the dailies in the magma front. and in lich king there was no reason to do more than one daily heroic once you were geared in justice gear which you could do in a day.

after lich king released i found myself logging in to do 15 minutes of dailies and a 30 minute dungeon (1hour most of the time because of griefers and bads) then logging out to play something else because my raids were scheduled on saturday nights. i got so bored that i leveled fishing 1 to 350 in grizzly hills trying to catch the damn turtle and finally got it after 15000 catches.

in cataclysm 15 minutes for dailies, geared up first week, lost interest in pve and did the broken pvp. got so bored and had no interest in the pandas gone wild expansion that i quit.

loving tor though. cant wait for mists of endor to be announced.

Could be they all don't like interacting with other people like you OR they know of your anti social ways and just don't want to run with you.

Looks like a control system error to me.

Yeah - he's obviously lying. It's not that there's not enough people to play with on his lowly populated server.

[irony]

He's just an anti-social, lazy, stinky ADHD-jerk. And he's already on everyone's ignore list. That's why he can't find a group. Sounds logical to me.

[/irony]

Do you Anti-LFD-People ever listen to yourself?

Edited by Heretiq

1# A LFD tool will ruin/destroy the community.

It will destroy the feeling of beeing known, this is a fact. At wow I knew half my server at vanilla, at WOTLK I knew 15 people and that was my guild. If you join a specific server then because of the rules there and its people.

All this does not exist anymore at a random tool that matches you with people from different servers.

At wow I had so many problems with people from other servers, it started at looting rules and did end at pull and kill orders and their kind of playing the game in rushs etc.

3# We will see more 'thiefs' and people will be bad mannered.

People don't automatically turn into 'thiefs' just because they won't see the other players again.

A thief at a server community will steal once, maybe twice after that he is on the blacklist and wont find groups anymore.

I really wonder if you guys ever played an MMO before, because you dont know these things. Every Server at wow vanilla had these list´s, they did exist at Ultima and DAOC and so on.

Also people are not always intentionelly rude, some are just having fun by rushing, skipping bosses or calling others noob. They dont even need to be rude, its just that they play different.

By matching those people with casuals that dont rush, are noobs etc. you create a very bad gaming experience for everyone.

4# "I don't want to play with random bad/clueless players".

If you look for players, you take only those that fit your playstyle. Thats what its all about, you dont join a guild either, just because of loot do you? The guild has to fit you and so does the group, at an LFD this process is skipped and many different opinions collide.

5# Only lazy people wants a LFD tool.

Just join the global LFG chat. If you refuse doing this, then you are lazy - sorry to say.

6# If you don't have the time to find a group yourself you shouldn't be playing an MMO.

If you have 40 minutes and about 1-2 hours for LFD group run, then you have the time! A LFD group does take about 2-3x longer than a regular self made one. Time is not an issue, you are much better off by doing it manually.

the chances of encountering a griefer are pretty much even, unless there are entire servers full of idiots that should be avoided.
Well, there might be. I kind of feel that way about the people who play on warsong.

but even there the ratio isn't skewed THAT much. And I'm willing to deal with moving from 0.5% to 0.6% bad people in my groups if that means the game is much better for the good people on warsong.

Yeah - he's obviously lying. It's not that there's not enough people to play with on his lowly populated server.

[irony]

He's just an anti-social, lazy, stinky jerk. And he's already on everyone's ignore list. That's why he can't find a group. Sounds logical to me.

[/irony]

Actually if you had been reading the entire thread they've been saying something similar that. Not those exact words but along those lines. Perhaps later I'll find the exact post someone placed and quote it. But I doubt I will. I've seen some logical responses on both sides less on the pro group. Fact is no matter what anyone says you wouldn't believe them.

The funny thing is that if his server has such a low population then the community is more in-tuned with each other and if he has a similar attitude in the game as he does on the forums I can see why he's having a hard time to find parties.

Have fun guys.

It will destroy the feeling of beeing known, this is a fact. At wow I knew half my server at vanilla, at WOTLK I knew 15 people and that was my guild.
that reduction has nothing to do with the lfd tool

Even in your example, you're clearly talking about a reduction that occurred long before the lfd tool.

And really I felt fairly well known on my server even toward the end of wotlk... I knew a lot of people. If you didn't and only knew your guild, I'd say that you were the one that changed, not the game.

A thief at a server community will steal once, maybe twice after that he is on the blacklist and wont find groups anymore.
No, they'll just keep stealing and getting groups.

They'll only steal from YOU once, but that's also true of xserver groups.

I didn't insult anybody. I made a blatant observation.

I'm not saying "me me me me" at all. I'm speaking for the thousands of others who are in my situation. I don't want Bio to create a tool "just for me". I want them to create one to enhance the game and make it easier to get a group = more fun.

Oh wait no, i'm sorry - it's my fault because I'm on a low pop server, rather than your awesome high pop server with uber players. Forgive me - I'm obviously not entitled to my own opinion, a view on this frankly, stupid debate and my sub is less important to Bioware than yours is.

If there are thousands then why cant they find each other?

Oh, I get it. The only people looking for group are all on different servers. Didn't know there were thousands of servers in this game.

I picture all these people standing in a room all talking about they wish they had people to do stuff with and after 10 minutes they all leave by themselves.

[irony]

He's just an anti-social, lazy, stinky ADHD-jerk. And he's already on everyone's ignore list. That's why he can't find a group. Sounds logical to me.

[/irony]

lol...do you?

So there are a number of people struggling to find groups...

This is due to a low server pop....it is NOT due to the ommission of LFD at launch.

Why demand LFD instead of demanding that server pops are looked at?

If you have no hidden agenda in demanding a LFD - please explain why you dont want the actual problem sorting?

Driz

/ignore works in cross-server LFD tools as well (assuming they'll copy WoW's implementation)

So yeah, you're wrong. I was specifically asking for what's wrong with WoW's implementation of the LFD tool from a mechanics standpoint, and you jumped in touting accountability - which is a byproduct of playing with people, not a byproduct of a LFD tool.

how do you ignore people when your list is has 50 names in it? there are 100s of worthy people that need an ignore and wow only limits you to a list of 50.

i mean they are even asking for limit caps to be raised on the wow forums:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3120002276

its apparently not working as well as you say?

It will destroy the feeling of beeing known, this is a fact. At wow I knew half my server at vanilla, at WOTLK I knew 15 people and that was my guild. If you join a specific server then because of the rules there and its people.

All this does not exist anymore at a random tool that matches you with people from different servers.

At wow I had so many problems with people from other servers, it started at looting rules and did end at pull and kill orders and their kind of playing the game in rushs etc.

So you don't like how others play their game? Either play with like-minded individuals or learn to respect and tolerate other people.

I really wonder if you guys ever played an MMO before, because you dont know these things. Every Server at wow vanilla had these list´s, they did exist at Ultima and DAOC and so on.

Also people are not always intentionelly rude, some are just having fun by rushing, skipping bosses or calling others noob. They dont even need to be rude, its just that they play different.

By matching those people with casuals that dont rush, are noobs etc. you create a very bad gaming experience for everyone.

No - not really. People will still get away with being as*holes. Because 2 days later everyone will forget how you ranted about them in general chat. That's how it is and how it always was. Your "community" doesn't care.

If you look for players, you take only those that fit your playstyle. Thats what its all about, you dont join a guild either, just because of loot do you? The guild has to fit you and so does the group, at an LFD this process is skipped and many different opinions collide.

So don't use the tool and play only with the people (your friends, your guild, like-minded individuals) you want to play with.

Just join the global LFG chat. If you refuse doing this, then you are lazy - sorry to say.

No. I'm not lazy - and I don't like being called lazy either. I just don't like wasting my time.

If you have 40 minutes and about 1-2 hours for LFD group run, then you have the time! A LFD group does take about 2-3x longer than a regular self made one. Time is not an issue, you are much better off by doing it manually.

And you know all that for a universally accepted fact, right?

I've been wondering for something quite some time now. A lot of the arguments to NOT have a x-server LFD tool is because people don't want to play with 'bullies' who behaves badly because they're "protected" by the x-server system (being sort of anonymous).

So my question is, do we have any *real* evidence in this increase of bad behaviour? I mean, do we have any studies or any (experienced) developers acknowledgin this apparent fact?

Or is all we got some random people saying it?

In the case it's just random people, I'd like to know if they've considered the fact that you'll be playing MUCH MUCH more with a such system (a tank in WoW finds a group pretty much instantly) and will thus play a lot more than without the LFD tool?

Take it however you want, but I'm genuinely curious about this issue and I'd like to know if a developer such as say Blizzard have regretted implementing it in their game.

If there are thousands then why cant they find each other?

Oh, I get it. The only people looking for group are all on different servers. Didn't know there were thousands of servers in this game.

I picture all these people standing in a room all talking about they wish they had people to do stuff with and after 10 minutes they all leave by themselves.

Haha. This is just lol.

I never said they couldn't find each other. I said it takes more effort than most people enjoy to find each other. And for the record, there are losts of servers, with lots of people on who play at different times. I'd wager quite a few of these are in my situation.

Even people who are on big servers and normally dont have huge problems with LFG, would probably still rather have one than not have one. I'd rather spend an hour doing PvP than pming people to put a group together. Guilds are an answer I guess, but then not everyone has a guild. Why should these people not be able to enjoy the game?

Why does it seem like the same people who rave about 'elitists', saying they don't want a game to be a grind or a 'job' inevitably the same people who call those that want a LFD tool 'lazy'?

Maybe because the reality is you guys just want it - because WoW had it?

That is lazy.

The real problem you guys have is that of a low server pop...rather than petitioning for BW to resolve the ACTUAL problem, you demand a xsvr LFD which is, lets be honest, a sledgehammer to crack a nut scenario.

Why force mechanics into the game which, as many posters can testify, create as many problems as they resolve....instead of you know, getting the actual problem sorted?

Seems kind of lazy to me...

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

I've been wondering for something quite some time now. A lot of the arguments to NOT have a x-server LFD tool is because people don't want to play with 'bullies' who behaves badly because they're "protected" by the x-server system (being sort of anonymous).

So my question is, do we have any *real* evidence in this increase of bad behaviour? I mean, do we have any studies or any (experienced) developers acknowledgin this apparent fact?

In the case it's just random people, I'd like to know if they've considered the fact that you'll be playing MUCH MUCH more with a such system (a tank in WoW finds a group pretty much instantly) and will thus play a lot more than without the LFD tool?

Take it however you want, but I'm genuinely curious about this issue and I'd like to know if a developer such as say Blizzard have regretted implementing it in their game.

It's all anecdotal from what I have seen. For instance I can count on one hand the number of times I have been randomly grouped with someone on WOW that was intent on ruining the run. So my experience of LFD has been a positive one. If I were to run into a jerk here in a LFD situation I would handle it like any other time that happens in a regular group now. Kick, replace, move on.

Because it's not necessary.

I find it interesting that there is a subset of the more "hardcore" group of players who leveled relatively fast to 50 and lower level players who want to level to 50 faster. Half say the game is to easy and gear is to easy to get etc. The other have complain non-stop about getting a LFD tool that would inevitably well...make the game easier.

I don't care about anything you mentioned in your op as far as reasons there is not an LFD tool.

I just don't think it is needed right now. The WoW tool was implemented at a good time when a lot of people had passed by content and so adding heroics to the dungeons and a lfd tool gave incentive for ppl to either replay dungeons and it gave those who never had been doing those dungeons the ability to do it.

Within a few short months there will be a plethora of new 50's and no shortage of people willing to group up to do content from people on your own server.

p.s.

My own personal leveling experience is that I have no problem between pugs and my guild of finding people to do heroics with and I would not use a LFD tool atm.

dailies in cataclysm were stupid, it took 15 minutes to do all the dailies in the magma front.
It usually took me ~18 minutes to do both sets (molten front and the ones in hyjal); I usually had my queue pop before I was done, as a dps and then finished up the last one after the dungeon.

and in lich king there was no reason to do more than one daily heroic once you were geared in justice gear which you could do in a day.
For those of us who liked doing more than 1 (for achievements, rare mounts, etc), getting those other groups were a lot faster once they added lfd. Other than that, there wasn't a change: before lfd there wasn't any reason to run multiple heroics unless you were gearing up, same for after lfd.

oh, there were some other reasons: Running normal toc to get the black heart for a tank who couldn't get a good 2nd trinket, for example, even if you were raiding. Or the last 3 heroics they added to LK, which had some nice drops even for people who were raiding casually.

and justice gear was way toward the end of Lich king, when they fixed the badges to be simple.

after lich king released i found myself logging in to do 15 minutes of dailies and a 30 minute dungeon (1hour most of the time because of griefers and bads) then logging out to play something else because my raids were scheduled on saturday nights.
So, that was after Lich king was released, and therefore not a problem with the lfd tool, since that didn't happen until later?

in cataclysm 15 minutes for dailies, geared up first week, lost interest in pve and did the broken pvp.
Eh, I did tol barad much longer than that, to get the trinket, mount and pet.

loving tor though. cant wait for mists of endor to be announced.
Will we be able to play pandas? I mean ewoks?

Trion (the people who made Rift) certainly don't regret putting it in theres. Rift put a huge dent in WoW subs, and SWTOR hasn't pulled more than a handful of Rifters away from the game because Rift just works... wheras SWTOR doesn't really work that well.

Thats not just to the absense of a LFG system, but having one in would be a huge sub-keeper for a lot of people.

Because it's not necessary.
That's not an argument against it.

The trooper class isn't necessary. That doesn't mean it shouldn't exist.

Within a few short months there will be a plethora of new 50's and no shortage of people willing to group up to do content from people on your own server.
I would hope so... I've been playing pretty casually and I've been 50 for a few weeks.

that's not going to fix the problem though.

The irony of it all will be when all the people in support of the x server lfd tool all start making posts about how they get booted from groups for no reason, too many people are ninja looting stuff and that people were needing for companions

We've already seen some posts on these thing but now the forums will be filled with them

You want lfd you want dual specs you will only have yourselves to blame for the game

So all of you supporters will be posting about how some guy from x server stole your loot and then youll make posts about how horrible the game has become and you can thank yourselves for it being that way.

Then you will all move on to another game and try your best to ruin that one as well

It's all anecdotal from what I have seen. For instance I can count on one hand the number of times I have been randomly grouped with someone on WOW that was intent on ruining the run. So my experience of LFD has been a positive one. If I were to run into a jerk here in a LFD situation I would handle it like any other time that happens in a regular group now. Kick, replace, move on.

Your post is purely anecdotal as well??

Just like every single one of the "pro" posts in this thread.

Just like every single one of the "con" posts in this thread.

See where I'm going with this?

there are no facts or numbers or data available...this entire thread is anecdotal so why does the pro anecdotes carry any more validity than the con anecdates?

Driz