BW announced their plans to kill server communities yesterday...

schwiz

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you guys, but solo pvping at lvl 50 is how I made most of my in-game friends. After seeing the same faces in pvp over and over again you start to chum up with people. Next thing you know we are trading MVP metals

This is why MVP sucks. B(a)uddies giving medals to each other instead of people who do well in the warzone.

Yes I would rather you sit in an empty fleet not being able to play while I play with my community on my server. They also announced server transfers yesterday so once you got sick of it you could cough up some cash and move to a better server.

Glad its for everyone and not you, bring it on...

I don't know about you guys, but solo pvping at lvl 50 is how I made most of my in-game friends. After seeing the same faces in pvp over and over again you start to chum up with people. Next thing you know we are trading MVP metals, running flash points together, queing war zones together. Once x-server warzones are added any kind of server community will dissolve especially the pvp community.

Yes I realize you can set a preference to only play with those on the same server but: 'but those players who choose specific preferences such as these will likely end up in a match with players in the larger Wargroup'

So BW wants you to play with others from your server if you are a premade but if you still haven't made some friends on your server you have to x-server que where you will continue to not make any friends. What is everyone's thoughts on this? I remember when they added this feature to WoW and it was great that the que times dropped so much but suddenly I didn't know anyone I was playing with. And in less than a month I think the community was completely dead so I'm really not looking forward to this addition.

Oh noes, cross server warzones! This is THE END!! THE END!!!!

The end of the long wait times if anything.

Nobody prevents you from talking to people outside of Warzones. Just go up to that other guy over there and say something like: "hey, don't get any wrong impressions, I'm not gay, but.." ;)

It does not matter to bioware that the vast vast majority of customers absolutely do not want cross server queues

Bioware is as lost as a dog in tall weeds when it comes to running an mmo or Customer service

To put it simply they do what they want a s damn the community

Maybe the majority of people on high pop realms don't want cross-server. I'm sure that people on low pop realms want cross-server.

Maybe the majority of people on high pop realms don't want cross-server. I'm sure that people on low pop realms want cross-server.

Or they just want more people on their server perhaps? Is that not just a glaringly obvious problem, too many low pop servers - even on heavy load my server doesn't have that many people on at once.

X-server won't help build a community on lower pop. servers, sure it will get them more regular wz pvp but people won't get to recognize each other or build rivalries and friendships.

I get to play with lots of different people in my guild and outside my guild, I know certain players where I think "oh god help me!" because I have seen them perform well and will be deadly opponents, or people who lighten up the mood or have great sense of humour.

You get those guild premades that you know will fight tooth and nail to stop you winning, but there would only be any of this with people playing on the same server.

Edited by Manigma

Something needs to actually exist before it can be

"killed"

I don't know of anybody other than the OP who has made friends through PVP on this game. Granted, I play on a PVE server, but still. Seems like the majority of us honestly don't care about cross server PVP. I think it'd be a great idea. I wouldn't use it (if I had the option not to), but I'm sure others would.

I don't know of anybody other than the OP who has made friends through PVP on this game. Granted, I play on a PVE server, but still. Seems like the majority of us honestly don't care about cross server PVP. I think it'd be a great idea. I wouldn't use it (if I had the option not to), but I'm sure others would.

You would be surprised how many players got to know each other through PVP, there are a buttload on our server through a mix of Ilum & Warzones - I have joined 2 guilds through players i've met in PVP (and on the fleet afterwards).

Oh yeah, i'm on a PVE server too.

Edited by Manigma

I have and know many others who have also. I agree with the OP.

But will be funny when pvp servers like mine start face rolling pve servers. And yes pve servers will be fighting pvp servers. I can hear the whining now.....

Edited by Badlander

I think people are scurred at having to play against better players

I'm quite happy for their to be cross server for rated warzones - but that's only because quite frankly the ratings won't mean much if it's only vs guilds on 1 server. It's a different kettle of fish if it's cross server for all warzones.

Edited by Manigma

It killed the community on my WoW server, why do you think it would be any different in tor? I think it will be even worse in tor actually because its such a young game.

It created a huge PvP community across the servers and webpages dedicated to PvPrs and such. In Vanilla i knew about 20-30 by name in own server PvP while grinding to rank 13, after cross servers i could multiply that with 5.

I don't want cross server warzones. I know most of the regular PvP people both on Republic and some on Empire side on my server. I know how they play and how geared they are.

I DO NOT WANT CROSS SERVER WARZONES. I'd quit first.

Cya and gl in other games.

So far i see a lot of pople confusing warzones with flashpoints..

Clarification is needed, but i dont think at the current rate of the game, it has much life left... I think they got better things to worry about then queues

If you are having trouble with WZ que times you most likely rolled Empire and deserve the longer que times/huttball all the time . If BW keeps rewarding people for picking the vastly overpopulated side then there is no reason for players to roll on the underpopulated side.

I understand where you are coming from, I do. And I do agree and have witnessed myself by playing with the same people over and over...you can make friends and have that "the regulars" effect with many people who also pvp.

However that is one side too it, and I'd argue a very small imput to the several issues the way current queing has made.

For one, on my server for example, like many servers but not all...there is currently 1-2 guilds who strictly PvP and when you go against them, everyone exits the WZ's in a heartbeat because they just dominate the game against either randoms or other guilds. Granted that is the fault to some degree of others just not being good enough...however that is the reality of the situation. Regardless of why, the fact remains at 9pm-12am and a little around it...huttball is unplayable for the most part.

Also in addition to that, although you may have made friends, some people have the opposite happen to them. Many players may shun another player for various reasons, BOTH being good reasons (the shunned is an idiot) or because the ones shunning them are jerks who have a strong need to feel better about themselves. Both are very common, and server queing helps that a little.

Another issue is it gets boring playing the same people over and over. We already have bland issues with the same 3 maps over and over and over, one per mode...imputting the same people makes it worse.

The last thing is that not all servers are balanced at all, and 90% of many peoples games are just huttball. If you hate huttball, you're rather screwed without server queing.

These to me are the issues with a lack of server queing, and although some maynot be completely eliminated from this new function, it will reduce greatly.

In addition its a new bragging right. Yeah you could be the best on your server, but how about the best in game completely? With the new ranking system you can be the best of all the servers, not just one...which you happen to be stuck on because you made a character on a rather empty server or unbalanced but invested too much time to remake (some people dont have the time to make several characters from scratch).

In short I do agree with your points, they are very valid, however I dont think it's worth scrapping the idea and work for it by any stretch.

Edited by info_man

It does not matter to bioware that the vast vast majority of customers absolutely do not want cross server queues

Bioware is as lost as a dog in tall weeds when it comes to running an mmo or Customer service

To put it simply they do what they want a s damn the community

Who says the vast majority don't want it? Statistics, please.