The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

MUFanatic

Well for one I don't want to play as a Tank, which is as good of a reason as I need. What's the point in me even playing this game if I'm not going to play as what I want?

Secondly, even If I did, then I'd probably just have the same exact problem finding a healer. So I doubt it would solve my problem - because you see that is what happens when you assume things. YOu end up being wrong. I"m a healer, not a dps. But even if I did play a DPS class, it woudn't change anything and my point would have just as much validity.

Anyways...it's a moot point. I don't want to play as a tank, nor do I want to be "the most sought after player". I don't have personal issues like I already told you, and don't play video games so i can feel "needed" lol

I want them to make a droid class that replaces the current flight point guys. I will play that class and you will need me! Sry, its getting late and my mind wanders. I agree again though, you shouldn't have to play something you don't want to. Just ignore anyone that says otherwise.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now if finding a tank is so hard, why wouldnt you roll one and be the most sought after player?

Im starting to think the people that want the LFG tool are DPS players only and if thats the case I go back to what I first stated.. it must be a personal problem.

Enjoying 18 of the 24 specs in the game is not a "personal problem".

Well I disagree. I think giving me access to the entire pool of tanks across all servers will deffinitely HELP :)

It does give you access to them, it also gives every other dps/healer access to them as well. So instead of battling on your server for the tank, you will battle all servers dps/healers for the tanks.

I want them to make a droid class that replaces the current flight point guys. I will play that class and you will need me! Sry, its getting late and my mind wanders. I agree again though, you shouldn't have to play something you don't want to. Just ignore anyone that says otherwise.

Don't worry Gittyup, I WILL ignore them so don't you worry about that.

Glad we agree on that at least ^^

It does give you access to them, it also gives every other dps/healer access to them as well. So instead of battling on your server for the tank, you will battle all servers dps/healers for the tanks.

That's a good point, but I've had pretty good experiences in the past with cross-sever LFG tools on other games so I"m sure it will be an improvement.

In any case, at least I don't have to sit on the damn fleet advertising on general for hours. That alone is a big plus.

are you implying that a cross server que wont reduce time spent getting into a group.

Because that's not true, even dps will benefit.

The proofs in the pudding as they say and it'll certainly be faster then atm, even on high pop servers.

My last forum post was removed for calling people bad.

Yet other people are free to call others "arrogant" and "elitist" among others.

Love this game

Well to be fair I never called you an "elitist" Joe.

I said you eloquently illustrated the "elitist strain" to the counter-argument against LFG tools, and that's not quite the same thing.

In any case though, trying to paint everyone who wants a cross-server LFG tool as being "bad players who just want a free ride" is pretty silly. They could just be players who don't like spending hours being bored on the fleet advertising in general chat.

I understand you want to be able to show off to people on your server and build a reputation for yourself, and that option will still be available to you even after a LFG tool is added :) So no need to get upset about one being added.

In any case though, trying to paint everyone who wants a cross-server LFG tool as being "bad players who just want a free ride" is pretty silly. They could just be players who don't like spending hours being bored on the fleet advertising in general chat.

And you know what? I wasn't aware that FINDING the group was supposed to be the challenging part of the content. So what if LFG tools make grouping effortless? That's a GOOD thing. It lets us get to the actual game itself. If it's harder to find a group than it is to beat the flashpoint, your game is doing it wrong.

Edited by Caelrie

I don't blame people for not wanting a LFD, I can understand why some people do not want it. I'm sure there a lot of people who have things fine for them right now, why would a rational human being want a tool that could potentially cause havoc to them? That being said I blame bioware for putting this mess into the game in the first place.

If Bioware released the game with less servers, an improved method of finding groups in the server and an increase in group size to 6 with 4 dps this game would be really great atm. Instead, we have to spend our time trying to figure out what's really best for the community when the metrics we have for discussion are limited at best. On one side we have the anti-LFD who get yelled at for wanting to defend our communities and on the other side we have people who are being told "It's your fault for getting *****, you shouldn't of rolled on that server"

EDIT: couldn't of Bioware foreseen these issues and done something better in advance instead of having us yelling at each other? This entire issue has divided the community and put serious damage to it

Edited by Touchbass

I'm sure there a lot of people who have things fine for them right now, why would a rational human being want a tool that could potentially cause havoc to them?

Why would it cause "havoc" to them? That's what I don't understand.

If they don't want to use it they don't have to. They are still free to run instances with their friends and fellow guild-members, people they know and trust from the server.

They can even still spam general chat if they desire.

I just don't see the negative here. At all.

I don't blame people for not wanting a LFD, I can understand why some people do not want it. I'm sure there a lot of people who have things fine for them right now, why would a rational human being want a tool that could potentially cause havoc to them? That being said I blame bioware for putting this mess into the game in the first place.

If Bioware released the game with less servers, an improved method of finding groups in the server and an increase in group size to 6 with 4 dps this game would be really great atm. Instead, we have to spend our time trying to figure out what's really best for the community when the metrics we have for discussion are limited at best. On one side we have the anti-LFD who get yelled at for wanting to defend our communities and on the other side we have people who are being told "It's your fault for getting *****, you shouldn't of rolled on that server"

EDIT: couldn't of Bioware foreseen these issues and done something better in advance instead of having us yelling at each other? This entire issue has divided the community and put serious damage to it

Actually really great post. A lot of the problem stems from small group sizes

I am disappointed to see the cross realm LFG tool being talked about as a future addition to the game. I was really hoping to keep that out of TOR just because of it's ability to destroy community in a game. I would be all for LFG server wide but cross realm is a no go for me.

Please give one single type of behavior that the LFD will bring that does not already exist.

All I gotta say is thanks, back to needing on everything. I can't wait to see all the people who are happy about this come cry that someone needed on something they wanted. Ans that whole thread those folks wasted hashing out this needing stuff, now I can agree to their rules and still need what I want. Not likely to see them again ever. What could be better. I have a guild and now I can treat PUGS anyway I like.

All I gotta say is thanks, back to needing on everything. I can't wait to see all the people who are happy about this come cry that someone needed on something they wanted. Ans that whole thread those folks wasted hashing out this needing stuff, now I can agree to their rules and still need what I want. Not likely to see them again ever. What could be better. I have a guild and now I can treat PUGS anyway I like.

Thats a loot rules issue not a LFD issue.

Exaggerate harder.

From the inception of the lfg tool in wow through to rift I can count on one hand the amount of times anything like that happened, judging from the anti-lfg crowd I must be the luckiest person on the face of the earth.

Why would it cause "havoc" to them? That's what I don't understand.

If they don't want to use it they don't have to. They are still free to run instances with their friends and fellow guild-members, people they know and trust from the server.

They can even still spam general chat if they desire.

I just don't see the negative here. At all.

I'm one of the biggest boosters for a X-LFD but we need to admit the tool isn't as optional as we let us think it is. The tool is so good and effective that 90% of players will use it leaving almost no one outside of guilds to form pick up groups manually. What usually happens is the people who get groups quickly on high population servers have to spam as if they are on a low population server and freak out. It'll be ironic when we tell the high population server people to use the /who function, travel to planets or get a guild if they want a server group.

I'm one of the biggest boosters for a X-LFD but we need to admit the tool isn't as optional as we let us think it is. The tool is so good and effective that 90% of players will use it leaving almost no one outside of guilds to form pick up groups manually. What usually happens is the people who get groups quickly on high population servers have to spam as if they are on a low population server and freak out. It'll be ironic when we tell the high population server people to use the /who function, travel to planets or get a guild if they want a server group.

There's a good reason everyone uses it. The difficult part of a game, the social part of the game was never spamming lfg in general chat trapped on the fleet.

Nor have i ever seen it in 5-mans (any games equiv) either a runs going well and perfect strangers only speak over loot/boss strats or a runs going poorly and they're pointing fingers and shouting like a session of Parliament.

Community's in your guild, always has been.

Edited by darkcerb

Thats a loot rules issue not a LFD issue.

The complaint is always the same: the person is on another server, so accountability goes out the window. You can't sit in general chat and complain that so-and-so is a ninja looter in order to tarnish his good reputation so that no one will ever group with him again. Yep. That's the crux of the anti-LFD argument in two sentences.

Exaggerate harder.

From the inception of the lfg tool in wow through to rift I can count on one hand the amount of times anything like that happened, judging from the anti-lfg crowd I must be the luckiest person on the face of the earth.

Plus it CANT happen in WoW now because they fixed the loot rules.

This sort of thing has nothing to do with the LFD, its about loot rules that exists with out without the LFD. A totally separate issue

Though anti convenience people will try to lump them together.

The complaint is always the same: the person is on another server, so accountability goes out the window. You can't sit in general chat and complain that so-and-so is a ninja looter in order to tarnish his good reputation so that no one will ever group with him again. Yep. That's the crux of the anti-LFD argument in two sentences.

This is a non issue if the loot rules are set up correctly and still has nothing to so with the LFD

...and a side note, if you call someone a ninja in a public channel in WoW and they report you, guess who gets in trouble.

Edited by Reevax

There's a good reason everyone uses it. The difficult part of a game, the social part of the game was never spamming lfg in general chat trapped on the fleet.

Also the reason why they expanded the tool to raids and are allowing cross server friend grouping. The tool is just amazing for what it does. People standing in /fleet just yell at each other, it's causing more problems then building of said community