Legacy system hybrid class options?

Seeiphiel

A good example of the hybrid class in the Star Wars universe is the Jedi/Bounty Hunter combo with Cade Skywalker. Cade Skywalker is the son of Jedi Master Kol Skywalker and Morrigan Corde (also known as Nyna Calixte), Cade was also a direct descendant of Luke and Anakin Skywalker and possible grandson of Ben Skywalker. So he basically used Jedi and Bounty hunter abilities. Bioware announce any plans to make hybrid class options for the Legacy system?

Edit: Information on Cade Skywalker: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/User:Ruthless_Xero/Workbench

Edited by Seeiphiel

Not so much a new class as it would be a Bounty Hunter with the special Force Push ability with a 1 min. cooldown. Would that make the game unbalanced? No.

Well I think in the too come video they said they were gonna add special skills, I could be wrong but what your asking here could actually make it.

There's a name for Jedi/Sith, it's called the "Gray" Jedi. Actually, you have a portrait of the Jedi/Sith character, the Revan mask.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grey_Jedi

My character in game is a "grey jedi." I am neutral lightside/darkside in game.

But that is not what I'm talking about. In terms of this game, right now you can't be a Miraluka for the Empire. (A Sith Warrior, An Inquisitor...) but with the Legacy system it looks like you will be able to.

You comment made me LOL harder because the concept of what I posted matches up with the Star Wars lore and really isn't difficult to grasp.

Again, I'm thinking in terms of the game. I can appreciate the EU and how you are bringing it in, but a BH with stuff like Force Push? While awesome, that would be so overpowered in this game it'd be crazy.

Well I think in the too come video they said they were gonna add special skills, I could be wrong but what your asking here could actually make it.

Yeah I've been hearing about it, but haven't been able to find any official James Ohlen quotes. However I did read this one official SWTOR article stating that players would get special "abilities".

Yeah I've been hearing about it, but haven't been able to find any official James Ohlen quotes. However I did read this one official SWTOR article stating that players would get special "abilities".

I'm gonna rewatch the video real quick

Again, I'm thinking in terms of the game. I can appreciate the EU and how you are bringing it in, but a BH with stuff like Force Push? While awesome, that would be so overpowered in this game it'd be crazy.

So increase the cooldown to over 5 mins. and nerf the "Force push" or whatever ability the hybrid character might get. Not a difficult problem to solve, if it was a problem. You people always tend to overestimate the balance issue.. Probably been playing too many Blizzard games. Blizzard is good at fooling their customers into believing it's only balance issues to save themselves from having to be creative and add new/fun gameplay features lol.

Edited by Seeiphiel

Yeah at around 1:12 in Coming Up in STAR WARS: The Old Republic james ohlen says that with the legacy system you'll be able to unlock abilities and powers that you normally wouldnt have access too

Oh sweet. Definitely looking forward to that, along with the other legacy features/perks :D

So increase the cooldown to over 5 mins. and nerf the "Force push" or whatever ability the hybrid character might get. Not a difficult problem to solve, if it was a problem. You people always tend to overestimate the balance issue.. Probably been playing too many Blizzard games. Blizzard is good at fooling their customers into believing it's only balance issues to save themselves from having to be creative and add new/fun gameplay features lol.

You should have played Star Wars Galaxies. Talk about a cluster-f of skills. I am all for choice but over-hybridization of classes can lead to massive balance issues (e.g. 1 or 2 uberspecs). TKM, Fencer anyone? CM and Pike?

I see a balance issue.

Only vets will have access to the powers and new players wont.

The biggest QQ will come from PvP where some people only have one toon.

Since they have one toon then there is no legacy......as they are the first.

Or, the legacy is just inferred and has no real substance other than a way to add abilities.

So, you want them to create a new class. A bounty hunter with force push.

Why do they need to create a whole class just so you can have one ability that you don't have?

Can I have your grapple hook ability added on my SW please? Oh, no because that would give me both a pull and a push on one toon.

Huh, it would give you pull and push together as well. guess not then