Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What 'Patch 1.2' "Really" Means...

Proto

I read the developer Q&A session thoroughly and throughout the grand speech it became clear to me that everything would be amazing in this mega-patch called '1.2'. However, if you read between the lines you will see that looking back on their patch naming conventions these fixes will come in the form of: 1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, and so on.

Going on that assumption (because I highly doubt that THAT many chances will come in a single update from what we've seen so far) all of the 'fixes' and tweaks we read in the Q&A will actually be part of '1.2' as he said, but all of 1.2 will likely stretch 4-6 months total until they get to 1.3.

You can bash me all you want, but I bet you I'm right. When people complain about it they'll just say something like "well, we told you it was going to be in 1.2, but our development cycle s include several segments to 1.2 which are released over time."

I read the developer Q&A session thoroughly and throughout the grand speech it became clear to me that everything would be amazing in this mega-patch called '1.2'. However, if you read between the lines you will see that looking back on their patch naming conventions these fixes will come in the form of: 1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, and so on.

Going on that assumption (because I highly doubt that THAT many chances will come in a single update from what we've seen so far) all of the 'fixes' and tweaks we read in the Q&A will actually be part of '1.2' as he said, but all of 1.2 will likely stretch 4-6 months total until they get to 1.3.

You can bash me all you want, but I bet you I'm right. When people complain about it they'll just say something like "well, we told you it was going to be in 1.2, but our development cycle s include several segments to 1.2 which are released over time."

you do realize that 1.1.1 etc are bug fix patches, right? The Content will come in 1.2 and 1.2.1 etc will be balancing and fixes much like 4.3.2 was for WoW a couple weeks ago.

Your assessment makes no sense.

You clearly don't understand patch numbers. X.Y.Z

X - Very big addition to the game, aka, expansion.

Y - A content patch. This includes new features and the like.

Z - A fix patch. Fixes all the things that didn't go as expected in X and Y.

So no, if the new content is not in 1.2, then it will not likely be in 1.2.Z either and will not come until some time later such as 1.3

All together, they reveal the current game version. We're currently on 1.1.2

First version (Vanilla) of the game.

First Major content patch

Second Balancing/Fixing patch

Edited by realID

you could be right. BW is extremely slow with devolpment, and now that EA is involved they like to use colorful language and double speak to explain away things they say prior to what they were not able to acomplish.

Indeed, people are going to bash you... You're forgetting something though - many people are just happy that these features are confirmed to be added soon. So i guess that makes you just a guy pissed at how bioware releases content? :confused:

You're wrong. These features will most likely be in 1.2. Other patches that come between 1.2 and 1.3 are to fix bugs, not to introduce major features into the game.

This.

Not bashing but the OP needs to be corrected or taught how previous Bioware patches work.

He/she got the numbering system right but now needs to learn about everything past the first decimal place.

1.1 came out in January, 1.2 In March. Do you honestly think that 1.3 will come in 4-6 months time?

It'll mostly be 1-2 (more like 2) monther after 1.2. Especially if what Torhead found is true.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.