fix the camera zoom or lose my sub

RakeHoxven

Every single time I get off a taxi I have to readjust it. Everytime I load a new area I have to readjust it. It is very broken and I feel like half of my gaming is readjusting the camera.
That's a game breaker? Must bounce around a lot of games. Or spend a lot of time getting in and out of taxis. Edited by GalacticKegger

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what the op is talking about. I have my max zoom out pretty far (maybe 100%) for situational awareness in like pvp or something. Anytime I run by a little post or jump of the starter cliff in huttball it brings my camera back on my *** again.

It's not hard to readjust but it would be nice that the camera goes back to where you had it under those circumstances.

In one of these patches they messed up the default viewing distance. Now whenever you load any new area, whether orbiting space station or ship or loading screen it goes to a longer distance.

it is even worse when you ride any kind of taxi. When you get off a taxi it can be almost totally at the maximum camera zoom.

It is broken! With all the times you load and use a taxi it is ridiculous that we have to manually adjust it back to the right distance again!

one of the patches? its done this from day one. dropping down from a platform will reset mine, its seems like when terrain makes the camera zoom in, it will stay zoomed in and not move back to its original distance

well ive been told by my friends time and time again, "Don't go to the forums pages; its just a bunch of people QQing over nothing..." so ive been looking the past few days at forums and thinking its not too bad... then i see this... THIS IS JUST SAD

well ive been told by my friends time and time again, "Don't go to the forums pages; its just a bunch of people QQing over nothing..." so ive been looking the past few days at forums and thinking its not too bad... then i see this... THIS IS JUST SAD
Your friend was astoundingly correct. Though contributions (real ones) are actually paid attention to by the mods and ultimately dev.

I aggree. the camera needs to be fixed. Huttball matches, depending on the situation, can end up being an ongoing zoom out session to pass the ball or even see whos available for a pass. Its not zooming out fast enough and doesnt remember at what value I zoomed. I find myself using my mousewheel to zoom out to max whenever I´ve time for it and just cos I don´t want to miss anything that´s happening around me (mostly in pvp). The game shouldnt condition me to scroll out ever 3-5 sec! the game should do that for me!

btw. there was a similar problem in another mmo, I believe it was runes of magic. what happened is that someone programmed an addon that would zoom out all the time.

Edited by Kordath

OP had a wrong approach to this really important issue, but I have to say, that this s.... camera in this game is a dealbreaker.

In combination with the plethora of loading screens this is most infuriating.

But see this from this point of view. What can you expect from a developer, if they even cant implement a normal functioning ingame-camera?

This annoys the hell out of me aswell.

Its just one of a massively long list of irritating oversights and bugs that detracts from the overall gaming experience for me. I bang into a new bug/glitch on an hourly basis, and I'm already *working around* dozens.

The camera is very important as its the direct link between you are your character. If its behaving weirdly, or behaving in an annoying way (smart camera resetting on movement for example) then it diminishes the whole game as a direct result.

The combination of this and countless other small things is why this game is described constantly as 'clunky'. It just seems like a lack of attention to detail from the developers.

• 2 weeks later...