Incoming changes to global cooldown UI Blog Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very nice!

Still i unsubbed, still i will come back when you will enable addon for this wonderful game.

Customization need to evolve meanwhile you do a pretty and functional default ui (wich should have been the case for the realease... ).

1 change to the ui after 3 weeks (more or less), when the changes that i would do to my ui are like 20.

I was worried about a knee-jerk reaction to the UI complaints, but this... This is good!

People were insisting on having a numeric countdown and I thought "That would be crap!" but after watching the video... I like it!

I can't wait to see this coupled with the major UI customization coming later.

I think it's does not necessarily to indicate seconds (s) on the text timer.

This is unnecessary information... Only seconds run fast - it's a well-known fact. :)

22.5s

10.0s

0.15s

vs

You can specify the minutes (m), but seconds?..

for example

1.2m

1.1m

:rolleyes:

Took a bit... but somebody, somehow, managed to complain about these completely beneficial changes. They defied all odds and a deck stacked against them to moan about something so non-existent and trivial that couldn't possibly affect them in any substantial way, at all.

Anything to keep the pot of negativity boiling around here.

Thanks for the laugh! Kudos.

Edited by Lazirus-

Hi,

is here a possibility to implement combination of cd end flash. I like combo no flash after GCD but flash on ability end of CD. (with threshold bar to set up minimum ability CD that trigger this end of CD flash)

Sry if it was already here, too many posts to read:rolleyes:.

Dark Cooldown + Dark Overlay + No GCD Flash = THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

I don't mind an ability flashing when its specific cooldown is complete, and can be quite helpful, but having every single available skill on all 4 hotbars flashing every 1.5 seconds = me eventually curling up in a ball due to crippling headache PAIN.

I may have plenty of other complaints, but...

This will help, immensely. Thank you.

Edited by Shaz

I've pretty much been neutral on all the UI appearance changes, they all look fine to me. The added customizations will be a very nice feature.

However, will this fix the fact that my unload, railshot, powershot, and some other abilities show that they're on cooldown when they're not? It seems like the game has a real problem with either A) Abilities that reduce the cooldown of an ability on cooldown to 0 (like unload/powershot refreshing Railshot), and B) switching from action bar 1 to action bar 2. I still have abilties that when on cooldown on action bar 2 make the corresponding key on action bar 1 appear on cooldown as well. I have bound the various action bars to SHIFT+1, SHIFT+2, etc. so I can switch between them. Maybe that's why, I don't know.

In any case, kudos to the SWTOR team for squashing so many bugs, good on ya.

Edited by Driniddle