Official Q&A Thread for February 17th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

After seeing the various boss fights in operations, it's clear that there are certain fights that require one tank while other require two (at least in 8mans). To me, it almost seems like that operations are designed with a duel spec system in mind but we don't have word on when we are getting one.

My question is how do the operations designers expect our off tanks to handle these fights? As tank spec'd players don't pull a lot of dps, are they expected to respec between fights or be carried by the other operation members?

Edited by RobWolf

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Question;

Are you going to continue to produce world PvP with a confined, remote area or do you plan to spread the love throughout the current worlds with an incentive to visit there more than just once while levelling? (Operation / Flashpoint entrances / Neutral daily quests etc)

Feedback on last Q&A;

Brilliantly handled. It thrills me to see you engage with the community like this.

Are there plans in the making to streamline the tab targeting system? it can be severely crippling for high speed switching when the tab key does not cycle to the closest opponent correctly.

Best method I have so far is to clear my target and hammer on an attack to go onto the closest person but that loses time.

Slicing has been "nerfed" for almost two months now with a buff at 1.1 and followed by a "nerf" 24 hours later and no word has ever been said about this profession since the nerfing patch notes in December. Will we ever see it return to something more stable (i.e. not spending 2000 credits on a mission only to get 1100 back)?

As far as priorities go how do the developers of SWTOR feel about character customization such as:

Appearance Tab

Dye system

Barber shop

etc

Will we be seeing popular features like these in game and perhaps so new and never before seen tools that will allow us to work on our characters in ways that do not involve your typical "end game"?

Will at some point the Sentinel class (and all jedi classes) have Force Push and / or Force Pull considering those abilities are basic in a Jedi training? (and mostly every single Jedi in the Star Wars universe have those abilities) and some kind of Crowd Control? Edited by Trancos

How will Same Gender Romance Arcs be implemented into this game? and what time frame do you have for their implementation? a very large community is waiting on answers to these questions, all of us would very much appreciate to finally hear more on this after the nearly half a year old statement from Stephen Reid.

Hey, how do you think a player in their teens even some classes in low twenties fare against players in their forties in warzones? Seeing as their is such a difference in talent points and abilities, I know the bolster system helps but are they actually balanced? I always thought it was intended as in it would be nice to have the option to queue up with a friend who's a different leve. However, if the player base was large enough, maybe cross server, if there was a way to prioritize grouping of levels if possible best it can. Or to just implement more brackets, but still leave the choice of the current big bracket. Just some ideas, thanks.

Will there being any announcements soon about Australian Local servers and services

or will we be getting a toggle option to enable in game sound while not focused on the game .. it would be awesome for those of us with more then a single screens

I don't know how to phrase this as a short question, but...

When will we see a market overhaul? The GTN interface is a limited mess, and the player economy is doing bizarre things due to most items having a default value of half to a tenth of their stabilizing "real" value. Since the interface makes mass-posting and price checking so time consuming, many people end up throwing items up at their default value. This is activating a Rank 20 Dirty Kick on crafters as well as doing weird things to mat prices.