Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Official Q&A Thread for February 17th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

in several videos and pictures of this website, I have seen that characters can wear hoods and masks at the same time, something that actuamente not available in the game, is a decision that was eliminated in the beta? Do you have to put it raised again? and if so I would appreciate it, Revan is not the same without her hood

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanks, I have noticed from personal experience, need to fight for threat on the most basic tasks. Even with guard on one DPS/the healer, the other DPS can severely out-threat the tank. This is true in fp's, though ops may have high level of coordination( 2 tanks).

Will this issue be addressed(tank inherent threat)? Even a 100% increased threat gen would help.

It is really hard atm to find out what happened in a combat in a Flashpoint/Operation. Combatlogs are the first step to analyze what went wrong, so imo its a very important apsect of an MMORPG. So... When can we expect to see a combatlog? I think it would be enough if the combatlog would be saved in a file in the SWTOR directory. It doesn't need to be visible IN the game, atleast for the beginning.

When will the ability to have a working master looter be added to normal mode operations? This ability will need a gate function that requires all ops members to agree to this loot mode before it is enabled, otherwise the auto-assign loot mode should be used.

Background: This is needed by guilds who are trying to gear up new members by running them through normal mode ops. Right now, gear is assigned to ops members who don't need it, wasting that gear.

Daniel Erickson has said: "We have no plans for switching advanced classes - which we see as fundamentally different class designs..." so do you have plans to create Class Stories for these fundimentally different Classes? Edited by evileeyore

Down the road, are there any plans to change the animation for Imperial Agent`s ability Debilitate to something more sensible?

Dirty Kick`s animation makes sense, a kick in the package will stun all but a few.

Debilitate`s animation does not make sense. Your target is dangling in the air with a dagger sticking out of their chest?

The current end game gear isn't very appealing on the eye. Will there be more variations on armor sets other than just color? I know I was not happy when my Tier helm was just an updated version of a level 45+ green quest item. Also cone heads?

Will Sith Juggernauts and Jedi Guardians ever get balanced to be on par with their ranged counterparts in terms of tanking?

I only ask because we are currently the lowest in threat generation and over all DPS output (as tanks, not DPS) compared to our Bounty Hunter and Trooper counter parts who have a far easier time filling the roll. And toward the end of beta, it was stated that Juggernauts/Guardians were next in line to be tweaked.

Edited by Darth_Victus

Would something along the lines of a Sparring grounds in the Space Docks being something that the Developers would be interested in doing in the future? As of right now, there is nowhere on the space stations for people to effectively Duel each other. Small scale 1v1 fights for fun/honor/bragging rights/etc. are a huge part of what develops a PvP community on a server. You begin to learn who the PvPers are and how they play and honestly it just makes the PvP aspect more fun as a whole. Edited by Paralassa
removed quote

Can we please have some more information on same gender romance options? I understand an ETA may not be possible, but if you are in truth working on these you should have some information about your plans - ie., will we be able to romance current companions, or will you only be adding this feature through new companions?

At this point many of us are holding off on playing alts or raising affection with companions until we have some type of response from Bioware.

Thank you.

Edited by Aerylinn

16 man operations are much harder then 8 man operations (to the point where most guilds can easily clear hard mode 8 man before being able to clear 16 man easy mode) but there is no loot difference at all to doing them. It's better to send your 16 man raid force to clear two 8 man instances.

Is this oversight or design? What will be done to offset this in the future?