PVE: when to use Berserk or which bleed using it for?

Crawfishies

Annihilation spec

1) Bleeds from the Deadly Saber?

2) Bleeds from Rupture?

3) Or just to hell with it, and use it beserk when both are up at the same time, LOL

First and foremost is keeping bleed uptime to maximum, so trying to overly nitpick is going to result in a drop in DPS (you'll spend so much time trying to micromanage the timing of your bleeds that you'll wind up suffering).

When feasible, I try to pop Berserk with 3x DS stacks and Rupture up. 3xDS is the strongest per-tick bleed, and thus the ideal candidate for forcing crits with Berserk.

Popping with both up consumes all stacks near-instantly for very rapid heals, a nice burst of damage, and a minimal number of GCDs spent not building more Fury. We can build so much Fury per GCD as Anni spec that time spent with Berserk up and slowly ticking down is wasted DPS.

you want ALL bleeds up when berserk is up, berserk is 100% crit rate on bleeds, so all active bleeds crit... thus you want them all up to maximum your damage, that said as annihilation you just be keeping them up as much as possible anyway.

Doesn't exactly work like this, unless by ALL crits you mean the next 6 dot ticks subsequent to popping Zerk. Rupture dots would deal the most damage when crit, but the more dots you have out the faster Zerk will runout which means less time till the next Zerk :)

I would agree trying to manage this in practice is probably not worth the risk of missing a key priority strike.

Doesn't exactly work like this, unless by ALL crits you mean the next 6 dot ticks subsequent to popping Zerk. Rupture dots would deal the most damage when crit, but the more dots you have out the faster Zerk will runout which means less time till the next Zerk :)

I would agree trying to manage this in practice is probably not worth the risk of missing a key priority strike.

No, I mean all bleed effects during those 6 ticks. If you have bloody saber AND rupture up at the same time, they will both crit tho only one of them will be ticking the healing (due to the 1.5 sec requirement between heals). Stacking up bloody saber to full and having rupture go up, you're adding significant damage if you enforce all their ticks count as crits. Possibly a good 20~40% more damage depending on critical and surge for the bleeds.

i only pvp. So i use it anytime its up and im missing/losing health. I like the hp regen more than anything, the guaranteed crits causing more damage is just a plus.

And when you pop immune shield, then health pot and then beserk. you just go from 10% hp to 40% hp in no time.

Edited by KilllerRock

for pve it really doesn't matter that much since it's not a buff like a stim but just buffs up a fixed number of ticks, so just fire and forget. just make sure you have deadly saber stacked to 3.

if you want to use a consumable or relic, try to line it up .

in pvp you need to decide wether you want the burst or the healing.

Edited by mufutiz

Use it when you have three stacks of Saber running, on golds and the occasional silver.

Yah,

i find that rupture bleeds are whimpy. it doesn't do much even when crit.,

it was only around 450-500 when crit.

but when the stacks of the deadly blade,

1st one was around 450,

2nd one around 925,

3rd one 1300-1400,

and i think i remember i got a another tick of 1300-1400.

I think i'll try to use berserk "after" the rupture bleeds are done.

Try to time it with 3-stack Deadly Saber and Rupture. If not then at least 2-stack DS. Using it with 1 stack DS is a bit of a waste even considering the time lost potentially gaining more fury. You can use auto attack to build rage for the next 2 GCDs so no potential fury will be wasted stacking DS.