Alderaan is extremely bugged.

gEddeh

Today I got extremely irritated while playing SWTOR, and I only have 1 thing to say.

FIX ALDERAAN PLEASE.

Literally every quest I did was bugged. Enemies literally 'teleporting' from one place to another, enemies dissapearing, my healthbar decreasing because an invisible enemy was attacking me, huge lags every time I entered a portal, enemies spotting me from miles away and suddenly standing in front of my nose, attacking a group of enemies and suddenly fighting without being able to kill them because magicly their hp gets regenerated time after time and so on.

I went to other planets to see if my own client was the problem and it was not, enemies on other planets behaved the way the are supposed to behave.

Never had that problem on Alderaan. Had a problem on Tatooine with enemies inside rocks and had to AOE them down because you can't actually target them.

Did an in-game bug report and it was the same 2 weeks later. Guess that stuff isn't important.

*Shrug*

Never had that problem on Alderaan. Had a problem on Tatooine with enemies inside rocks and had to AOE them down because you can't actually target them.

Did an in-game bug report and it was the same 2 weeks later. Guess that stuff isn't important.

*Shrug*

The few times my enemies get stuck somewhere I can't target them I run around something. pull the companion with me and they usually chase me down so then once they are out i kill them

....Literally every quest I did was bugged. Enemies literally 'teleporting' from one place to another, enemies dissapearing, my healthbar decreasing because an invisible enemy was attacking me, huge lags every time I entered a portal, enemies spotting me from miles away and suddenly standing in front of my nose, attacking a group of enemies and suddenly fighting without being able to kill them because magicly their hp gets regenerated time after time and so on.....

I smell a wee little lie here......

If players are getting ganked on Alderaan by the enemy faction I'm guessing your on a PVP server. Get used to it..you picked pvp you got pvp.

As for the rest I've done every quest on Alderaan and never run into an issue :/ It was a bit laggy (very rare just a tad of stuttering) but I didn't run into any bugs that I know of.

Edited by Kindara

I've had the issue on a few planets where the mobs sometimes reset out of the blue. They run back to their spot, regen, "evade" my attacks while doing so, and proceed to attack again. I don't think it's an OOR issue but if I AOE them where they stand and don't make them move more than a few paces from their start spots, they die.

All I had issue with on Alderaan was the lag, the long load times, and those 50's (when I first came I counted 16 of them) camping the port ganking 30's. When I was growing up we had a pond where you could pay to "fish" for half-starved trout from an overcrowded pool. You caught one with no effort and when you were 8-10 this was pretty bad-*** entertainment.

Ergo, the Alderaan spaceport campers must be 8-10.

Ergo, the Alderaan spaceport campers must be 8-10.

That there. Epic.

And yes I play on a PvP server. But there is a difference in Pvping and being and arsehole. Honestly what challenge and enjoyment can you get from killing someone who cannot possible defend themselve?

That there. Epic.

And yes I play on a PvP server. But there is a difference in Pvping and being and arsehole. Honestly what challenge and enjoyment can you get from killing someone who cannot possible defend themselve?

Gonna camp the alderaan spaceport when I get home now as a level 50 pvp geared player while I craft and queue for warzones.

Now I can do 3 things at once!

I find Alderaan laggy, but the only real issue I have with it is the level 50 republic Jerks who hang out in the space port to gank arriving players.

Such a challenge I am sure.

If you do not want to be vulnerable to attack by an enemy player, anywhere, any time, at any level, then play on a PvE server.

Today I got extremely irritated while playing SWTOR, and I only have 1 thing to say.

FIX ALDERAAN PLEASE.

Literally every quest I did was bugged. Enemies literally 'teleporting' from one place to another, enemies dissapearing, my healthbar decreasing because an invisible enemy was attacking me, huge lags every time I entered a portal, enemies spotting me from miles away and suddenly standing in front of my nose, attacking a group of enemies and suddenly fighting without being able to kill them because magicly their hp gets regenerated time after time and so on.

I went to other planets to see if my own client was the problem and it was not, enemies on other planets behaved the way the are supposed to behave.

this doesn't only happen on Alderaan. I got the same thing on Balmorra, Taris, and Quesh. All on the Empire side. You attack a mob, after a second or two they revert back to their original positions with their HP fully regenerated. Another problem that also occurs is not being able to target the enemy because something is wrong with the LoS. Even if you're right up close to the mob, still cannot attack them.

this doesn't only happen on Alderaan. I got the same thing on Balmorra, Taris, and Quesh. All on the Empire side. You attack a mob, after a second or two they revert back to their original positions with their HP fully regenerated. Another problem that also occurs is not being able to target the enemy because something is wrong with the LoS. Even if you're right up close to the mob, still cannot attack them.

With the exception of the LOS problem which I have had a few times, I have played through all of those worlds at least twice on the empire side with none of those bugs and is seems so have others.

I know I am going to get attacked for this but it is quite possibly on your end that the problems are occuring.

That there. Epic.

I was repeatedly informed that I should look forward to being ganked by 50's because it added to the suspense.... and it would make me a better player... and who am I to steal someone else's fun... and because they'd teach me the best places to gank lowbies when I reach 50.

Basically, I was told that this was one of the parts that the PvP crowd valued. Ganking is apparently fun, and anyone who dislikes the idea is a "carebear" and must be bad. Myself, I find that philosophy to be eye-rollingly immature. And seeing as (in my eyes) maturity and the PvP community on SWTOR are not entirely compatible, I opt to avoid it.

On the flip side, I completed every Republic side quest on Alderaan and didn't notice a single bug either.

Really?

The empire side is totally different. I couldn't go five minutes without seeing a bug.

Of course, I was playing as a Sniper, so I was working with the Ambassador of the Bugs. Kinda hard to avoid them, to be honest.

Oh I'm not saying it shouldn't happen or that I should be safe from ganking on a PVP server. I grew up in MMO's on Sullon Zek from EQ. gankable from level 10 on...

I just like a little competition in PvP, and that's not competitive. But indeed I did roll up on a PVP server so I took my gank with a few /waves, respawned outside at the med-droid, mounted up, and rode on.

My thought is more about the mentality behind 16 level 50's ganking lower level players...what's the fun? Unless (and I freely admit I've done this in other games...) they were fishing for a response from our side's 50-level players. Then it's all good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.